difference in balcony size?

atlantic cruiser

On deck 7, what is forward of the first extended B balcony cabins on Marina and riviera 7000 and 7001 (blank space on deck plan) and what are those cabins over on deck six?

094847.jpg

The blank space forward on Deck 7 is (are?) the Officers Quarters, and forward on Deck 6 are Crew Quarters as well as mechanics for the Theater on Deck 5.

094951.jpg192652.jpg

For us, the tunnel effect is not an issue. Just move the furniture closer to the railing. As well, shade is usually always available due to the depth of the deck. We have never regretted our deeper deck. Thanks to a prior poster for the suggestion to request additional furniture. I would love to have a chaise on the deck for our upcoming cruises.

So happy we booked 7007 for our upcoming cruise - we love our veranda for morning coffee and an evening drink prior to dinner.

We also snagged a larger balcony on Queen Victoria - not deeper, but twice the width of the ordinary balconies in BE category on deck 4. It really pays to study those deck plans over and over to determine where to put your money, doesn't it? ;)

Donna

• 9 months later...

I realize this is an old thread but it is a subject that I have been searching lately, so I assume others may be as well.

The "extended" balconies sound great, but it seems that you are just getting the same vista width with just a longer tunnel to it. It is more room, and yes, you can have a lounger, but that lounger is parallel to the divider so you still look at the sea through your toes.

I'm more concerned about the cabins above. If I upgrade to a PH3, it looks to me that I am on top of one of those extended balconies so I am looking down onto somebody's cleavage and drying beach ware instead of looking down onto the sea.

I like privacy on my balcony. Sometimes I sit out in my nightie or less (if not in port).

Just sayin....

imgsvr.ashx?cmd=4&appContextId=12704&eMediaID=HZ6Djrirc_SNC9Kair55oGJzYGTYsId1&hires=1&maxSize=600&1459855807315

Don't think you'd want to be sitting out on your extended balcony in your nightie unless it's your clevage you want people to look at:D. This is the view looking down at the extended balcony of the cabin we had on Marina. Private it is not unless you sit under the overhang.

imgsvr.ashx?cmd=4&appContextId=12704&eMediaID=HZ6Djrirc_SNC9Kair55oPIuiGdSGkZQ&hires=1&maxSize=600

And this is the view you would have from a lounger sans toes.It was quite lovely.

Slightly off topic ...or perhaps terribly so!

Would someone tell me what are the best public places to camp and enjoy the view (or privacy) for us folks without balconies please?

I am sailing on the Nautica and it will be my first cruise.

Thank you.

Slightly off topic ...or perhaps terribly so!

Would someone tell me what are the best public places to camp and enjoy the view (or privacy) for us folks without balconies please?

I am sailing on the Nautica and it will be my first cruise.

Thank you.

Deck 5 is also nice to get the air with a view

• 8 months later...

OP, why did you say that cabin 7004 was "okay?" Were there downsides to it? We are close to booking that cabin on Riviera. That's a forward cabin, yes? Did you find the verandah windy? On deck plan, there is a dotted line running through 7004's verandah --- what is that? Thanks so much.

OP, why did you say that cabin 7004 was "okay?" Were there downsides to it? We are close to booking that cabin on Riviera. That's a forward cabin, yes? Did you find the verandah windy? On deck plan, there is a dotted line running through 7004's verandah --- what is that? Thanks so much.

7000 to7007 are all extended balcony with the tunnel effect. Too they are almost directly under the bridge wings shadow I would not book because of that

Now 7008 and 7009 are totally different. only one side has a divider and is wind sheltered, out of the bridge shadow and has the best view on the ship except for the vista suites... I spent 34 days in 7008... Now7108 and 7111 are the reverse of 7008 7009 with only a one side divider. However facing the wind the full extended divider aft can be a wind scoop.

7110-7131 are like 7000-7007 double deep tunnel effect cabins.

Based on this I feel, as do many others that 7008 and 7009 are the best value, best view and best to enjoy on the entire ship.... I would NOT trade 7008 for a PH.....its veranda is sunny, open and wind sheltered....