Rita's Cantina

bradsnana

I hope you will not be disappointed in the Rita's on the Brilliance. We just did the 15 day TA crossing on that ship and the Menu for Rita's was very small, only a few appetizers. No Tacos. The venue was never very busy and the chips always seemed to be less than crisp! The guacamole was very good. It is my hope that after they do a few Caribbean cruises this area and it's menu will improve. In my opinion they needed to play some music and liven the area up a bit. ;)

Yeah -- I am almost sure the Brilliance menu is not the same one posted from the Allure. Anyone have pics of the menu on Brilliance? I didn't take one.

Anyway, we like the food. It ain't Albuquerque*, but it's pretty good! Much better than taco bell fo sure!

*best Mexican food I have ever eaten was in ABQ

I live in San Antonio!!!! I actually fear that Rita's would be "fake" Mexican food compared to what we can get here.

Yes, most of it is not up to par with our TexMex here, but the Tomatillo chicken soup rivals any Tortilla Soup in San Antonio! The Quesadilo is good too but I guess it would be hard to mess that up!

I asked about the Fiesta but none of the staff in Rita's knew anything about any fiesta???? So that led me to believe other ships run their Cantinas differently from Oasis class. As I said we made special trips to get the soup because it was nice and chilly weather in Alaska.

The venue was never very busy and the chips always seemed to be less than crisp! In my opinion they needed to play some music and liven the area up a bit. ;)

Funny you should say that, we all agreed. They didn't start the music going until they had set up all the tables and they didn't do that until around 2:30 in the afternoon!

The chips sit around backstage so to speak and with the sea air they get really stale quickly. They need to heat them up in a toaster oven or something before they bring them out! But the Pico de gallo was pretty good even with stale chips.

Is there anybody out there that likes Rita's Cantina?

I have read so many many negative reviews.

The Rita's on the Radiance was HORRIBLE. Had i served that food to my dog, I'd have been arrested for animal cruelty.

I did mention to horrible experience to the Hotel Director and F&B Manager and both told me that Rita's would probably not be around too much longet due to the complaints and lack of business.

I don't agree that it was "THAT" bad, but we did complain also.

We were practically the only people in there the 3 times we went. But I don't think many people would try the soup and that is a mistake! But you can't continue a venue that doesn't produce.

Archived