Rita's Cantina

bradsnana

I did not take a pic, but it is very limited. \

The best thing on it was the Quesadilla and the chicken soup, rather like what we have in San Antonio called tortilla soup. It was absolutely delicious, so much so, that we had it 3 times on our Alaska cruise last week! Along with the Quesadilla it was perfect.

There was a pretty good Guacamole but the Queso and chips they called Nachos was subpar compared with the kind we have here...just a pile of chips with queso and pico de gallo on them.

I think that was all on the menu, as I said, very limited. It didn't open until 2:00 PM which we thought strange, we wanted it for lunch! But you may find the menu on the RCCL site.

Is there anybody out there that likes Rita's Cantina?

I have read so many many negative reviews.

Just remember ... tastes are very subjective. If you're looking for authentic, like you might find in Mexico, this may not be it. We haven't experienced it yet, but although I haven't found many who like it -- we plan on going when we cruise in December. How bad can it be with a few margaritas.

There are "fiesta" specials as well -- $10/no drinks, all you can eat OR $20/3 drinks included, all you can eat ~ 3 drinks alone is a good deal!!

Just remember ... tastes are very subjective. If you're looking for authentic, like you might find in Mexico, this may not be it. We haven't experienced it yet, but although I haven't found many who like it -- we plan on going when we cruise in December. How bad can it be with a few margaritas.

There are "fiesta" specials as well -- $10/no drinks, all you can eat OR $20/3 drinks included, all you can eat ~ 3 drinks alone is a good deal!!

You could of been leaving tomorrow with a live review.

As I reported in my Allure blog, the food is on the level of Taco Bell on a good night. Also if you go to the fiesta night, don't expect to get much of a buzz off the margaritas as they are watered down. But if you want to get loud and dance go to the fiesta if they hold it. It was good for that. :)

Bill

I've heard many people compare it to taco bell, but it's a far cry from taco bell if you ask me. But FOOD preference is a rather personal thing. I loved the Rita's on Allure, the shrimp taquito (can't remember what they were called) appetizers served at the Fiesta were my favorites! I am going on the Brilliance in December and look forward to Rita's on board, though they don't offer the Fiesta. And I can find very little information on it other than it does show up on the deck plans.

best party on boarding day was at Rita's for our CC roll call group. We had a blast! 530808_4362031762424_1180232220_n_zpse8ce5a63.jpg

As you can see I really enjoyed myself...

I did not take a pic, but it is very limited. \

The best thing on it was the Quesadilla and the chicken soup, rather like what we have in San Antonio called tortilla soup. It was absolutely delicious, so much so, that we had it 3 times on our Alaska cruise last week! Along with the Quesadilla it was perfect.

There was a pretty good Guacamole but the Queso and chips they called Nachos was subpar compared with the kind we have here...just a pile of chips with queso and pico de gallo on them.

I think that was all on the menu, as I said, very limited. It didn't open until 2:00 PM which we thought strange, we wanted it for lunch! But you may find the menu on the RCCL site.

I live in San Antonio!!!! I actually fear that Rita's would be "fake" Mexican food compared to what we can get here.

I've heard many people compare it to taco bell, but it's a far cry from taco bell if you ask me. But FOOD preference is a rather personal thing. I loved the Rita's on Allure, the shrimp taquito (can't remember what they were called) appetizers served at the Fiesta were my favorites! I am going on the Brilliance in December and look forward to Rita's on board, though they don't offer the Fiesta. And I can find very little information on it other than it does show up on the deck plans.

best party on boarding day was at Rita's for our CC roll call group. We had a blast! 530808_4362031762424_1180232220_n_zpse8ce5a63.jpg

As you can see I really enjoyed myself...

I hope you will not be disappointed in the Rita's on the Brilliance. We just did the 15 day TA crossing on that ship and the Menu for Rita's was very small, only a few appetizers. No Tacos. The venue was never very busy and the chips always seemed to be less than crisp! The guacamole was very good. It is my hope that after they do a few Caribbean cruises this area and it's menu will improve. In my opinion they needed to play some music and liven the area up a bit. ;)

Archived