April Rhine River Cruise, Flooding an issue?

jvr123

Thanks, ingo_e.

I knew how to find water levels on your app, but couldn't find them on the website proper, so appreciate the guidance (and all the work you've put into this). Your site and app are a wealth of information - I installed it and was prepared to use it last year for our Danube cruise but we got flooded out. Hoping for better luck in a few weeks on the Rhine!

Hello,

This is the information page I use:

http://www.hochwasser-rlp.de/

When there is flooding the website is updated hourly, I think. As of now the river graphic on the right is all blue meaning there are no problems with water levels. You can get an official app for your smartphone, but I expect Ingo's app gives you all the information you need. :)

notamermaid

notamermaid: I think we (hochwasser rlp & me) both use the same data source. I will definetly have a look at their app to get some inspirations for next year :)

jpalbny: would be great if you use my review interface after you enjoyed your rhine cruise :)

• 4 weeks later...
3 weeks from today we'll board the ship in Basel! I think it's the second run of the season for SS Antoinette (first run 23 March from Amsterdam to Basel).

Glad to hear about the nice weather you're experiencing - but hopefully the lack of snow will not have too much of a negative effect on the water availability this summer. Looking forward to experiencing the nice weather for ourselves - upstate New York is still quite unpleasant.

Regarding the website for water levels - was that posted by ingo_e? He has a river cruising app that gives water levels, and a website http://www.rivercruiseinfo.com - though the website itself doesn't have the water levels; they are only on the app IIRC.

Have a great cruise jpalbany. We have had a long freezing winter here in a Buffalo just a little worse than Albany's winter. Leave it all behind and safe travels.

Marion

Hello,

this year there are - as of now - no problems with flooding in Germany affecting the river cruises! The ground is actually getting very dry as it has not rained properly for a while. The air is dusty and strenuous for hayfever sufferers. No problems because of drought yet but the river islands of the Rhine are growing in size.

Partly sunny and cloudy today, temperature will probably reach 70 F and no rain forecast on the middle Rhine.

So different from last year!

notamermaid

Hello,

this year there are - as of now - no problems with flooding in Germany affecting the river cruises! The ground is actually getting very dry as it has not rained properly for a while. The air is dusty and strenuous for hayfever sufferers. No problems because of drought yet but the river islands of the Rhine are growing in size.

Partly sunny and cloudy today, temperature will probably reach 70 F and no rain forecast on the middle Rhine.

So different from last year!

notamermaid

Have a great cruise jpalbany. We have had a long freezing winter here in a Buffalo just a little worse than Albany's winter. Leave it all behind and safe travels.

Marion

It's been great so far! Beautiful weather, far nicer than upstate New York. Having such a great time that there's no time to post details.

Today on the Rhine was partly cloudy, about 70. The castles between Rudesheim and Boppard were stunning. Will post more, along with pictures, eventually!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app