Azamazing # 4 - The BEST! Dudrovnik

BillC

We just got back from Azamazing Evening #4 - Dubrovnik 9/23/13. The first 3 were wonderful, with a few problems. This was fantastic! The ship had buffets in both the main dining room and buffet. They had 2 tender stations in operation, which moved the 550 people very well. The venue was in front of the Jesuit cathedral - it was magical. No meal was served but savories and drinks were always plentiful and great. This is the best approach. The show was absolutely fantastic with a string orchestra of 12 musicians, and an unbelievable group of 20 dancers, who were GREAT, followed by a chorale of singers who brought tears to my eyes (and I don't cry easily). If you think of the devastation that was brought upon Dubrovnik, and look at the love these people have for their culture and history you will cry also. Seeing Heike. Ekic and Michalles in native costumes only added to the enjoyment. The cast got many standing ovations - well deserved. Back to the ship for many deserts and cherries jubilee in Looking Glass, followed by an band / cast show. Thanks to the on board crew for such a fantastic evening.

Thanks Bill for taking the time to update us on your latest Azamazing Evening. I totally agree with your comment " No meal was served but savories and drinks were always plentiful and great. This is the best approach".

My first experience of an Azamazing Evening was the concert in St. Micheals Cave in Gibraltar, where drinks and savories were served during the interval. This worked well and the whole evening was very enjoyable. As I have previously mention my second experience was the Turkish evening in Fethiye, which included a sit down meal for 600 people and was of a poor standard, especially when compared to the meal I could have enjoyed had I stayed on board. So I am now very wary of events that include a full meal for large numbers of people.

Archived