NCL Baltic Capital Itinerary

rsato

Some information for those considering a future journey on the NCL Star in the Baltic Seas:

Cruise Critic Member Review for the Sep 1-10 sailing 2013.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=227401.

Trip Report including Port Tours:

www.rayandtraci.blogspot.com

NCL Star Dailies & Mandara Spa Price List:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9_h_AZcmU3gWENRMHpfazlEQWs/edit?usp=sharing

I am starting the planning process for our Baltic cruise on NCL next year and this information was very helpful!

How exactly did it work using a private tour in St Petersburg - I've read that sometimes the ship tours are allowed to get off first? I am also considering using SPB tours.

Thanks! :)

I am starting the planning process for our Baltic cruise on NCL next year and this information was very helpful!

How exactly did it work using a private tour in St Petersburg - I've read that sometimes the ship tours are allowed to get off first? I am also considering using SPB tours.

We used SPB Tours in 4 cities and were extremely pleased with their service.

In St. Petersburg, there is no worry about ship tours off first...everybody waits in line at customs. :p

We used SPB tours this spring, and found them terrific. Don't worry about the ship tours getting off first - NCL lets everyone off at the same time. The line up at immigration on the first day will slow EVERYONE down equally!

There is a huge amount of good info on the ports thread. We have done the Baltics twice on NCL and private tours are the way to go. We used Anastasia Tours and were delighted with our service. At that time no one else was doing the evening canal tour as part of the regular tour, but I believe that has changed. Nothing like a river cruise to end a busy day, especially with chocolate and champagne.

I think all the major operators are credible as you can read in reviews. And yes, NCL does let everyone off together, contrary to what many report.

Thanks for all the information! Glad to know that customs won't favor one group over another, and that it's just slow for everyone :D. I will definitely do my research on the private tours - seems like the way to go!

I'll head over and check out the port threads. So excited already about visiting this part of the world!

Thanks for all the information! Glad to know that customs won't favor one group over another, and that it's just slow for everyone :D. I will definitely do my research on the private tours - seems like the way to go!

I'll head over and check out the port threads. So excited already about visiting this part of the world!

If by chance you are in a suite, you can take advantage of priority disembarkation. That will put you ahead of the others in the lines for immigration.

Thanks for posting and linking to your review! Giving consideration to NCL for a Baltic next year. We sailed the Jade last year on it's last true Holylands and really liked it - our favorite cruise even though she didn't have the bells and whistles of some other ships we we've been on.

The fitness center on the Star has been some concern to me. You mentioned in your review that it was decently equipped - but no views. Some reviews I read said that it was an "afterthought". I guess no views won't matter that much on this particular itinerary as long as it is large enough to service the amount of the cruisers using it (we're ex-marathon runners so a good fitness center, with machine availability is a hot-button). Can you give anymore information.

Completely unscientific, but I would guess the Star Gym was as large and equally equipped as the Jade. One bonus in the Baltics Itinerary is everyone is quite exhausted from tours and spends less time exercising (also simply don't have time as most tours start early in the morning). I prefer the running track, especially when sailing by interesting terrain - even though the track is "dedicated" you will have railing dwellers with cameras to contend with especially during sail aways. I don't think anyone would find fault in the Star gym with the notable exception of having no view.

Archived