Bridge/Galley Tours for Suite Guests

Catperson

Another OP mentioned having a bridge/galley tour on the Freedom as she was staying in a GS. How do they go about inviting you to this tour? Is this something new? Is it free? We stayed in a GS in 2011 and I don't recall any such invitation. Did I miss something? I would have loved to participate in this.:(

What about the Oasis? I was in a GS in May and never received any invites.

Another OP mentioned having a bridge/galley tour on the Freedom as she was staying in a GS. How do they go about inviting you to this tour? Is this something new? Is it free? We stayed in a GS in 2011 and I don't recall any such invitation. Did I miss something? I would have loved to participate in this.:(

Depending on ship policy, full suite guests may get various invitations to behind the scenes tours. Sometimes they send a card to the stateroom with choices, and you can pick. Sometimes they send a letter to contact the concierge. Sometimes nothing happens. If you get invited, it's free.

If you're interested in a tour, mention it to the concierge early in the cruise and find out what the policy is on that ship.

We were in an OS on a November 2012 sailing on Liberty. Inquired with the concierge prior to sailing. She gave me information on the all access tour at $150 per person. When I inquired if there would be any tours available to suite guests at no charge, she said she'd see what she could arrange. We ultimately got a invitation from the Diamond Lounge Concierge for the Galley and Bridge tours which were scheduled on he last day of the cruise. I would start with inquiring with the Concierge prior to your cruise. It was a great tour!

We sailed on Brilliance earlier this year in an OS and received an invitation in the cabin to sign up for a free Bridge tour for Suite guests. It was a really interesting experience, except it was cut short by a health emergency somewhere on the ship that put all officers into a Response mode and they hastily cleared the bridge of all "guests". Unfortunately, we didn't get the opportunity to finish the tour later.

Rather than waiting for an invitation, I would recommend asking the concierge early on if there is likely to be a tour for Suite guests.

This was a 12 day cruise on a smaller ship, so it might be that on shorter cruises or on ships with 4,000-6,000 passengers they aren't able to offer these tours to all suite guests, so opt not to offer them at all

When we stayed in a GS on Liberty, we received an invitation to tour the bridge. It said it was "first come, first served" and to contact the concierge to confirm. It was interesting. I didn't expect the bridge to look like a scene from Star Trek with the cushy chairs and joysticks.

One caveat - we were told closed-toe shoes are required. Fortunately I had brought a pair. I usually only wear sandals on Caribbean itineraries, but it was cold when we left Houston for our cruise so I wore my tennies.

We were in an OS on a November 2012 sailing on Liberty. Inquired with the concierge prior to sailing. She gave me information on the all access tour at $150 per person. When I inquired if there would be any tours available to suite guests at no charge, she said she'd see what she could arrange. We ultimately got a invitation from the Diamond Lounge Concierge for the Galley and Bridge tours which were scheduled on he last day of the cruise. I would start with inquiring with the Concierge prior to your cruise. It was a great tour!

How do you contact the Concierge prior to the cruise?? I couldn't find this anywhere on the RCI website.

We are only lowly D+ s but on the Oasis for our 9/14 trip, we received a letter in our stateroom offering 3 tours - bridge, galley and Studio B - all no charge. Plus the helipad sailaway So they still have them.

They had Studio B rather then the Opal theater because the new casts for Hairspray and Come Fly With Me were rehearsing their butts off and the theater was frequently closed, even in the daytime, for rehearsals. The old cast got off the ship on Sat., along with us.

Just adding to the pile of information -- when we were invited, we simply received a note in our (GS) cabin on FOS.

We were told at the time that that only 15 people on the entire ship would receive the invitation, and we were therefore asked not to share that we had been on the tour until after we disembarked.

We are booked in a Royal Family Suite ... and I would love to take the kids on the Bridge Tour... I wonder if we can get in on the tour because of our suite.

NICE

Freedom and Mariner as a grand suite cruiser we were invited on the last sea day for the bridge and galley tour.

I have not heard of any being offered on the Allure because of the behind the scenes tour, that is $$$.

But, being in a Royal family suite, might get you above average perks.

Oh please let us know what you get, and like previous posters said........ask the CL.

Enjoy

Sea Ya

We are only lowly D+ s but on the Oasis for our 9/14 trip, we received a letter in our stateroom offering 3 tours - bridge, galley and Studio B - all no charge. Plus the helipad sailaway So they still have them.

They had Studio B rather then the Opal theater because the new casts for Hairspray and Come Fly With Me were rehearsing their butts off and the theater was frequently closed, even in the daytime, for rehearsals. The old cast got off the ship on Sat., along with us.

We, too, just got off the ship Sept. 14th. I loved the Studio B tour. It was really very interesting. It is amazing how small of a dressing area the skaters have for the costume changes. It is like a 6X8 space.

Archived