Escargot Report

Just got off eight night Grandeur cruise (from Nov. 21 - Nov. 29) and had escargot every single night! It did say on the menu that they may not be available due to a world-wide shortage but every waiter I talked to (switched tables a few times in MTD) said that they had more than enough for this and the next cruise. So no shortages here! :)

Just off the Allure and they were on the menu on the formal nights. The other nights, I just had the scallop au gratin appetizer instead.

And I agree with the poster above who said that they weren't very buttery, more bread crumb-y. The escargots that I had on the Allure this month pale in comparison to the delicious escargots I had on the Independence in Jan 2014.

.......there are these little pre frozen balls of basically anything, they call the escargot, floating in a pool of butter, garlic and oil.......any Frenchman would bristle in disgust......NO FRESH SNAILS.....NO PEACE!......;)

Yes, I know. Just wondering if they were floating in the garlic butter or in the au gratin. For those of who live in rural areas, like me, happy to have the ones that are in garlic butter, but on last cruise, they were au gratin with some cheese, yuck!!!

On the Splendour November 8 sailing, escargot was on the main dining room menu every night (along with the note about the world-wide shortage). We ordered them several nights, and they were prepared in the more traditional fashion (butter & garlic; no bread crumbs).

On the Splendour November 8 sailing, escargot was on the main dining room menu every night (along with the note about the world-wide shortage). We ordered them several nights, and they were prepared in the more traditional fashion (butter & garlic; no bread crumbs).

I enjoy them served the traditional way myself.