Medications-alowed or not?

RDR11

How do you know you are getting the correct stuff?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

There are certain meds/ointments that I have used and trust. I know many people don't trust them. You need to know what you are purchasing.

I have bought them in Cozumel many times, and no one has said a thing. Just put them in my purse and it goes through the scanner. I have never had a prescription.

Claudia

Thanks for your input claudia and cathy.

We used to buy stuff in PV and Cabo with no issues, but last time in PV, they took everything my friends bought and made them throw it away, so I guess you never know (they didn't have prescriptions).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

We used to buy stuff in PV and Cabo with no issues, but last time in PV, they took everything my friends bought and made them throw it away, so I guess you never know (they didn't have prescriptions).

Going thru a scanner they can only see the outlines of the items in your bags. PV does a hand search of all bags.

How do you know you are getting the correct stuff in the US?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counterfeit_medications

As far as that goes, my mom called me after picking up her usual monthly prescriptions and said she did not think one of them was correct. I went to have a look and she was right. She had been given a completely different drug but was labeled what she was supposed to be taking. This was from a well known pharmacy.

2nd case. My mom had stents placed. While going over her medication she was given, I could not figure out why she had prevacid, but no blood thinner. A call to the doctor the next day gave me the answer. He had written her script for the wrong med. It should have been for plavix but he had written it for prevacid.

Other antedotal happenings. Several pts who are on monitored meds, and although they are taking them, blood levels are not changing. Have them bring the med in and it looks fine. Have them switch pharamcys and their levels start to change. So was the meds they were taking fake? Or were they just slow to respond for some reason?

The whole thing scares the hell out of me.

I trust the drugs out of mexico every bit as much as I do the ones gotten here. i.e. Not very much.

We bought ours in Puerto Vallarta at WalMart. We felt fairly safe with them. There's also a WalMart in Cabo and a COSTCO but you have to take a taxi to it from the pier. Not too far from the pier though...

Archived