Valuetrips for FLL?

novalab

For those that have used valuetrips.com for a hotel reservation in Ft. Lauderdale, how was your experience? I have a reservation at the Hyatt on 17th Street and was wondering if I should cancel it & rebook via Valuetrips. On their site, it shows the rate being approx. $60 less than what I reserved our room for (for an April 2014 date).

Thoughts anyone?

Thank you!!

For those that have used valuetrips.com for a hotel reservation in Ft. Lauderdale, how was your experience? I have a reservation at the Hyatt on 17th Street and was wondering if I should cancel it & rebook via Valuetrips. On their site, it shows the rate being approx. $60 less than what I reserved our room for (for an April 2014 date).

Thoughts anyone?

Thank you!!

I booked a standard room at the Hyatt Place on 17th Street via valuetrips for our March 2014 cruise. The rate is $179.

Thoughts anyone?

Thank you!!

As you see in the link, pricing depends on time of year

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Yes, I would do that.

We have used VT twice and it was fine. You wait a day or two for confirmation. After confirmation, I do call the hotel directly to confirm my reservation as I do with any reservation. Its all good. :)

Edited by janetz

I booked a standard room at the Hyatt Place on 17th Street via valuetrips for our March 2014 cruise. The rate is $179.

That is the hotel that we currently have a reservation for. On the Valuetrips site, they have April 2014 listed as $99 per night. I was thinking of trying a mock booking to see if that is the correct price for our dates but was a little concerned that their system might not be set up like RCCL's..that is having an 'escape clause' so to speak after you see the actual price.

As you see in the link, pricing depends on time of year

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

Yes, I would do that.

We have used VT twice and it was fine. You wait a day or two for confirmation. After confirmation, I do call the hotel directly to confirm my reservation as I do with any reservation. Its all good. :)

Since they have a posted price of $99 for April 2014 on their site, does that mean that any night in April would be $99? Do they have a screen that shows you the actual price (plus tax) before you commit to the booking?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot & book a higher price for our 1 night stay than I already have.

Edited by novalab

That is the hotel that we currently have a reservation for. On the Valuetrips site, they have April 2014 listed as $99 per night. I was thinking of trying a mock booking to see if that is the correct price for our dates but was a little concerned that their system might not be set up like RCCL's..that is having an 'escape clause' so to speak after you see the actual price.

Since they have a posted price of $99 for April 2014 on their site, does that mean that any night in April would be $99? Do they have a screen that shows you the actual price (plus tax) before you commit to the booking?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure I don't shoot myself in the foot & book a higher price for our 1 night stay than I already have.

Yes they do. I am pretty positive the price is for the month. Don't worry, it will be fine. :)

Just to clarify the process, here is what we did recently with Valuetrips.com:

1. Went to http://www.valuetrips.com

2. Clicked on the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale link (this is the Hyatt Place on 17th)

3. Looked at the Super Value Rates. For April 1st thru Sept. 30th, 2014, the rate is $99. We're going in May.

4. At top of page, clicked on the "Online Reservations" link

5. Filled out the web form completely and clicked "Send reservation request" button at the bottom.

NOTE: This is important to understand - this is NOT an automated system connected to Hyatt or any other booking system. This is sent to the ValueTrips team, who then places the reservation with Hyatt using whatever process they have as a reseller or agent or however that might work.

6. About 3 business days later, I received an Email from Valuetrips with our confirmation number and instructions to make any and all changes, including cancellations, directly with Hyatt.

7. I went onto Hyatt.com, the main reservation site for all Hyatt hotels, and entered our confirmation number. It came right up and confirmed the hotel, the dates AND the special rate of $99.

I hope that helps with understanding the process better and confirms that ValueTrips is indeed a reputable site and works directly with Hyatt. They came highly recommended to us by friends who have used them several times before and whom we trust. Your reservation will be with Hyatt, not ValueTrips.

Have a great trip! :)

Edited by marklodi

Just to clarify the process, here is what we did recently with Valuetrips.com:

1. Went to www.valuetrips.com

2. Clicked on the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale link (this is the Hyatt Place on 17th)

3. Looked at the Super Value Rates. For April 1st thru Sept. 30th, 2014, the rate is $99. We're going in May.

4. At top of page, clicked on the "Online Reservations" link

5. Filled out the web form completely and clicked "Send reservation request" button at the bottom.

NOTE: This is important to understand - this is NOT an automated system connected to Hyatt or any other booking system. This is sent to the ValueTrips team, who then places the reservation with Hyatt using whatever process they have as a reseller or agent or however that might work.

6. About 3 business days later, I received an Email from Valuetrips with our confirmation number and instructions to make any and all changes, including cancellations, directly with Hyatt.

7. I went onto Hyatt.com, the main reservation site for all Hyatt hotels, and entered our confirmation number. It came right up and confirmed the hotel, the dates AND the special rate of $99.

I hope that helps with understanding the process better and confirms that ValueTrips is indeed a reputable site and works directly with Hyatt. They came highly recommended to us by friends who have used them several times before and whom we trust. Your reservation will be with Hyatt, not ValueTrips.

Have a great trip! :)

WOW!!!! Thank You marklodi!! OK, I am ready to give them a try. I was skeptical about PriceL*** too when I first used it. Seems the older I get, the more cautious I get!LOL Thanks Again for everyone's advice. Love CC & the great people on here!

One benefit of using Valuetrips website is you do not have to pay until check-in, as opposed to using Priceline where you have to bid on a room and pay upfront. You also have the option of cancelling your Valuetrips reservation without penalty.

Thanks to this site I just received confirmation through Valuetrips for Dec 7th at about $25 less than anywhere else I could find! I was getting worried because I submitted on Wednesday, but this morning my confirmation email was here. Typed in the confirmation number listed in the email on the Hyatt Place website and it shows us confirmed for a king room.

Thanks everyone!

Thanks to this site I just received confirmation through Valuetrips for Dec 7th at about $25 less than anywhere else I could find! I was getting worried because I submitted on Wednesday, but this morning my confirmation email was here. Typed in the confirmation number listed in the email on the Hyatt Place website and it shows us confirmed for a king room.

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations! Yes, it was exactly the same for us - submitted on a Wednesday, confirmation on Saturday.

Its a nice place. The staff is friendly. I would have them call you a taxi to port in the am. I do not think the shuttle is free anymore, leaves around 11-11:30. You have to sign up for it and sometimes it has to make a few runs for everyone. :)

Thanks everyone!

Congratulations! Yes, it was exactly the same for us - submitted on a Wednesday, confirmation on Saturday.

I too took the plunge last week (thanks to all the help & info posted on this thread) & received my confirmation in just a few days! I am REALLY happy with my $99 rate for April 2014! Called the Hyatt 17th Street this morning to cancel my higher rate reservation from last month. I also confirmed my valuetrips reservation. Everything is good to go!:D

Thanks again to all that helped me with this! You are all very much appreciated! Will definitely use valuetrips again!

Ok, I submitted my request on Sunday & its now Wednesday, with no response.

Should I be worried or wait another day or so (we are from Sydney, Aust)

Cheers

Tanya

Wait one more day, then email them. :)

Cheers

Tanya

Check your junk mail, that is where my confirmation showed up. We used this site in February and when we were storm stayed here in Canada they had no issues cancelling the first night of our reservation. We were so pleased with the service and location that we are using this again in March. Hopefully no storms affect me getting an extra day in FLL!!!!:D

snow bunny

Cheers

Tanya

I did my request today for the same dates, Tanya, so I'll let you know when I get my confirmation. I think there are several from our cruise staying there.

I did my request today for the same dates, Tanya, so I'll let you know when I get my confirmation. I think there are several from our cruise staying there.

Still no emails & have checked my Junk folder, so I have sent an email today.

That would be great if you can let me know when you get your confirmation.

Thanks

Tanya

Just want to thank all of you. We booked the Hyatt Ft. Lauderdale for $179 for Feb. even though the hotel site said they were sold out. Their advertised price was $269. We got 2 rooms - one for us and one for another couple travelling with us. Thanks so much for the info.

We submitted our request on Monday night and got confirmation early Thursday morning. Confirmation numbers checked out on the Hyatt site as you suggested.

Thanks again - another $90 for spending on the cruise!!:D