Valuetrips for FLL?

novalab

I see the hotel being referred to as the Hyatt on 17th Ave., it is important to know this is not the Hyatt or Hyatt Regency but is Hyatt Place which is a 2 or 2.5* motor inn. We stayed there in January and were rather underwhelmed by the property for the price.

Here is their TripAdvisor page. Seems pretty decent for the price, especially through ValueTrips. This sounds great for the $99 we've got our room reserved at.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d87424-Reviews-Hyatt_Place_Ft_Lauderdale_17th_Street_Convention_Center-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Here is their TripAdvisor page. Seems pretty decent for the price, especially through ValueTrips. This sounds great for the $99 we've got our room reserved at.

My point is that people are referring to it as the Hyatt and it is not a Hyatt or a Hyatt Regency....it's a Hyatt Place which is just a plain vanilla, motor inn. We paid $130 for it in January of this year through a bid on Priceline, the location is good the hotel itself is rather underwhelming....we have stayed at a number of much nicer hotels in FLL and Hollywood Beach thru Hot Wire and Priceline at equal and lower prices...it just take a little more diligence.

I stayed there two weeks ago. The hotel is clean, large rooms, good breakfast buffet and nice personnel. I booked through Value Trips which was the second time I have used them. I took a taxi to the port instead of the shuttle. It was $7.70

I am staying there again in January. It was great for a night or two before a cruise.

I see the hotel being referred to as the Hyatt on 17th Ave., it is important to know this is not the Hyatt or Hyatt Regency but is Hyatt Place which is a 2 or 2.5* motor inn. We stayed there in January and were rather underwhelmed by the property for the price.

I've read very good reviews on this hotel. Just curious as to where you got your rating.

This is the Hyatt Place on 17th street. It was at one time Amersuites. We have stayed there twice. Yes, there are better of course but it is fine for a short stay, within walking distance to shops and dining. The shuttle driver, his name is Stewart (Stew) I believe, dropped us off in the afternoon to the nearest water taxi pickup spot and we just needed to tip him. He was great and picked us up when we returned.

We did fly in the morning before the cruise. When we got there, check in was not until later, they put our bags into a locked room so we could go off for awhile. Staff was great.

My husbands son drove down from Daytona and stayed over, sleeping on the sofa bed. Hyatt did not even care, and did not charge us for an extra. :)

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

We are meeting some friends at the Hyatt 17th Ave and I looked at ValueTrips. I believe the price was $129 a night for December.

I went to the Hyatt website and got the room for $99 a night for Dec. 22 and 23. Always worth checking more than one place!

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad I read about valuetrips here! We had booked the Renaissance ($235 + taxes) and when I checked the Hyatt Place website they wanted $269 + taxes. Valuetrips rate is $179 + taxes! I sent my request today.

Another advantage is that the Hyatt has free breakfast, free shuttle from FLL, free Wifi and an in-room coffee maker. The Renaissance didn't have any of these perks.

Putterdude: Yeh, it's not the Lago Mar but we don't need luxury for a one night stay and don't want to pay a bundle for just a clean comfy bed. These "middle of the pack" hotels are fine with me and I can use the savings for more important things.

Edited by Go-Bucks!

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, just came across this and the price on valuetrips seems considerably lower than others for my Feb trip. Anyone have any issues using the site for this hotel? I know it's an old thread but figured if there were problems, surely it'd have come up by now.

Thanks!

Hi, just came across this and the price on valuetrips seems considerably lower than others for my Feb trip. Anyone have any issues using the site for this hotel? I know it's an old thread but figured if there were problems, surely it'd have come up by now.

Thanks!

I booked a room for January thru Value Trips. Only problem was they appeared to be very busy. Took a couple of requests and a few days before they responded. However, I do now have a room booked. (according to them)

Be aware that lots of weekends during peak season are blacked out. So check on their list first. Then note the price changes per season. Some here think the rooms are $99 all year. :confused:

Put in your request and give it a few days, especially during winter months when they might have to locate/request more rooms at the hotel.

Only rarely have I read that someone didn't hear they received a room.

Thanks!

Have used them several times with no problems. Had to cancel and again no problems, refund was showing on credit card within days:D

• 1 year later...