*My Platinum Review of Carnival Liberty**Eastern with Pics

cuted126

Sorry it is taking me so long. I mentioned that I was sick towards the end of the cruise, well, I never got better. I felt a tiny bit better, but not 100%. Saturday, I started to feel terrible again and I went to the doc and I have an Upper Respiratory Infection :( Fun right...........

Anyway, I am here and ready to post San Juan, looks like I will be done with this before my November cruise:p

We docked in San Juan at the crack of dawn. I think it was around 6:50am. Of course we weren't up until around 9am. I was excited for DH to go to San Juan because I knew he would love the forts! I told him that I had printed out the trolley map and that we could board and go to El Morro first and if time permitted, we could check out the other fort. I’d read that you should walk to stop number 14 instead of going across the street to stop 1, because it’s less crowded. I knew my CC friends wouldn’t steer me wrong so, that’s what we did.

We waited for awhile and the first trolley was going a different route than what we wanted. A little while later, a full trolley came. L The next trolley was nice and empty, thank God, because it was warm. We waited for about 30 min.

Stop 1 was definitely full of people waiting to board, so I would recommend the same thing, go to stop 14! Keep in mind that you may have to wait awhile. The ride to the fort was gorgeous. They sky was beautiful although, you could easily see a storm looming. I’ve been to San Cristobal, but I did ask DH did he want to go to that one first and he said El Morro would be fine.

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

Me and the hubster

IMG_1348-1.jpg

Pulling close to El Morro I noticed how BEAUTIFUL the grass was! Just stunning!! We and a bunch of other people got off, none of us realize that the trolley dropped you off right at the door lol. We didn’t mind the walk though because 1. we were on vacation and 2. It was beautiful out there. Dh stopped to read the signs and I took and posed for a bunch of pics.

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

A pretty fountain while we walking towards El Morro

IMG_2234.jpg

We had a long walk ahead. Notice the trolley that we had just got off of, making it's way to the entrance

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

Dh checking out the history

IMG_2240.jpg

OOohhh a lighthouse! I love lighthouses!

IMG_2244.jpg

By the time we got to the entrance, It started to rain L After we paid, we stayed in the inside areas for a bit. The rain cleared up after about 10 minutes! Thank God! Dh and I love touring historical places, we are geeks lol! I was glad that DH was happy with the plans for the day. We spent about two hours at the fort and we had a great time.

IMG_2254.jpg

Edited by cuted126

They must have been hella slim to fit in some of these places back in the day

IMG_1361.jpg

Walking up from the outside, I thought the fort was small, well it's not. It actually had like 4 floors.

IMG_1366.jpg

Storm cloud please leave

IMG_1367.jpg

Dh and I decided that we would start at the top level and work our way down. We found this at the top. DH has to touch everything lol

IMG_1369.jpg

There's the trolley again

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

I couldn't wait to get over to the lighthouse to see if we could go anywhere near the top!

IMG_1375.jpg

Dh checking out the Dungeon

IMG_1376.jpg

Blue skies want to return

IMG_1379.jpg

Finally!!!!

IMG_1382.jpg

Well, we could go up these steps, but that's where the fun ends

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

Dh was intrigued, he had to see where the ladder went

IMG_1385.jpg

Not only were they slim back in the day, but they must've been short too. I felt like Paul Bunyan

IMG_1386.jpg

After this we went to the rest room and I was like:eek: when I looked at the view from the bathroom

IMG_1389.jpg

This has got to be the flyest bathroom I've ever been in! I had to stoop down to get the above pic lol

IMG_1390.jpg

Blue skies came back

IMG_1391.jpg

Those windows at the top of the building are the bathroom windows!

IMG_2258.jpg

Note DH reading another sign, I told you we were nerds!

IMG_2261.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

Is the sun in your face baby?!?

IMG_2266.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

Edited by cuted126

Love your review! We are thinking about changing our already booked southern Caribbean cruise in March to this itinerary due to the insanely high prices for flights to San Juan (and lack thereof)! We sailed on the Liberty in 2010 (Western Caribbean) and loved it!

This is at the lowest level

IMG_2278.jpg

We decided to go back to the terminal because if we had started up at San Cristobal, we may have missed the boat. By the time we got back to the ship, it was raining nicely. We had to run from stop 1 to the ship.

OOOOHHHH, but once inside the terminal, there is a little stand that gives out free samples of something and it is goooooooooodd!! I had like 5 lol. It’s a frozen alcohol drink and there were different flavors and they taste so good. Back on the ship it was time for lunch, which I have no pics of, but I remember we both had ham & cheese from the deli and guess what……..

IMG_1402.jpg

They had pineapple upside down cake again!! Guess who was excited! The Pina Colada tart was also good!!! We had an hour until Sail Away to we chilled with our IPods and called home to check on the kids.

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

Right before sail away, we watched small planes and helicopters take off from a nearby airport. There were a couple of names being called again on the overhead. Then there was one name being called, again I don’t know if that person made it BUT the ship sailed 3:00pm.

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1408.jpg

This is the day that I told DH we were going to be "productive cruisers" and do something more than eat and relax. I told him that we should go to the Caribbean line dance class and even though he doesn’t dance, he said “Okay and I will do the dances with you”

:::GASP::: Lord who dis man?!?!

I couldn’t believe my ears and I didn’t quite believe he would dance….

Walking past lido on the way to the dance class and they were having some type of pirate event in honor of International Pirate day which was the next day

IMG_1431.jpg

Promenade lights

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

Coffee Bar Menu

IMG_1443.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

Then it was time for the Caribbean line class. The guy explained that he would be teaching us the line dances that would be done at tonight’s RedFrog Caribbean Beach Party. I cannot tell you how happy I was that there would be something different besides “The Cha Cha Slide” & “The Wobble” lol. I mean I like those dances, but by Wednesday, they had run their course!!

Big news though, look who got a medal for doing good on the dances!!!!!

IMG_1440.jpg

Bad pic, but I was so excited! He never dances and the guy said he did well!!!

I was so proud and he wore that medal the rest of the day lol. Continuing our “productive cruiser day” we went and got a nice spot on Serenity with our Ipods lol. We did get a little more productive after dinner in our defense!

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

We were so relaxed on Serenity, taking in the wind and the ocean that it was hard to get up for dinner. I had to go to dinner because tonight was my favorite dessert night ever.

I know most of CC will disagree with me on this BUT Bitter & Blanc is my all time favorite. I could marry it lol!! I asked on the second night of the cruise, which night was Bitter & Blanc night so that I would not miss it! I’m obsessed!

Tonight, we both started with potato soup, which was good! I had mines with a side of caeser salad J

IMG_1454.jpg

We both had the Farfalle with Turkey Breast

IMG_1455.jpg

Then it was time for my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!!

IMG_1456.jpg?t=1381515771

Why, oh why, don't they have this on the menu every day! I don't think it gets any better than Bitter & Blanc. It is worth my cruise fair alone.

Told you I was obsessed:D

We decided that we would check out "80's Name that song" trivia and they also had "Big Screen trivia" right after. See, I meant we were going to be productive. Now that I remember, this is actually the night where there was no show. The previous night, a guy sung (I forgot his name) a lot of show tunes, mainly by Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr. He was very entertaining! While we are talking or typing about it:p, both of the production shows we saw were excellent and the singers were very talented.

During trivia, me and my DH could not stop talking about how much the assistant cruise director looks like Gargamel from The Smurfs....

IMG_1459.jpg

Edited by cuted126

IMG_1457.jpg

Blue Motorcycles!!!! These are potent

IMG_1464.jpg

We sipped on these while watching the "Thriller Dance Class" that Karl was teaching. The class was crowded and hilarious as ever! Then it was time for the Caribbean Beach deck party! We went out on Lido at ten and just waited until the dancing begun. We got more Blue Motorcycles and had a good time talking and people watching.

IMG_1467.jpg

When the fun patrol came out and called everybody over to dance me and my dh went out there! I was excited that DH was getting in on the action! After we danced for awhile, we went to the nightclub and then for pizza!

IMG_1471.jpg

I am not a fan of the new pizza at all. We had a new friend

Maxine

IMG_1472.jpg

Me after a night of dancing!

IMG_1473.jpg

Look what we got!!!

IMG_1474.jpg

I LIVE for chocolate covered strawberries!!!! They are almost up there with Bitter and Blanc! We were sent this by the Maître D because there was hair in hubbys' food in the MDR. The Maître D was very apologetic, we told him it was okay and we were fine, but he still sent this!

And that concludes San Juan Day!

Random thoughts

-We also watched 60 seconds or less in the Venetian palace too and that is always a lot of fun!

-I love when the waiters remind me about the chocolate extravaganza! I am sure I would've have missed it otherwise! They reminded me each day!

-Maribel is such a pleasant person. If you are sailing on the Liberty and have anytime dining, request her. She will take excellent care of you and she is one of the nicest people I've met in a long time.

-Get a Blue Motorcycle if you want bang for your buck:D

The drink of the day was "Spicy Margarita" The frozen drink special was "Mocha Chocolate Getaway" <----yummy

IMG_1457.jpg

Blue Motorcycles!!!! These are potent

IMG_1464.jpg

We sipped on these while watching the "Thriller Dance Class" that Karl was teaching. The class was crowded and hilarious as ever! Then it was time for the Caribbean Beach deck party! We went out on Lido at ten and just waited until the dancing begun. We got more Blue Motorcycles and had a good time talking and people watching.

IMG_1467.jpg

When the fun patrol came out and called everybody over to dance me and my dh went out there! I was excited that DH was getting in on the action! After we danced for awhile, we went to the nightclub and then for pizza!

IMG_1471.jpg

Have to agree with you on Bitter and Blanc...love it and have missed it the last couple of cruises. :(.

Could you tell us what is in a Blue Motorcycle...vodka, rum, or tequila?

I forgot to put the dates in the title:p We sailed on Sept 14-Sept 21 eastern itinerary which was Half Moon Cay, St Thomas. San Juan and Grand Turk!

Now I'm even more excited about sailing on the Liberty March 1, 2015; going from Port Canaveral to Grand Turk, San Juan and St. Thomas. Thanks for making a great start to my early Saturday morning.

Have to agree with you on Bitter and Blanc...love it and have missed it the last couple of cruises. :(.

Could you tell us what is in a Blue Motorcycle...vodka, rum, or tequila?

All of the above :D

vodka, gin, rum, tequila, sprite, and blue curacao