Cannes to Grasse

pinkpanther52

Hi, The Epic goes to Cannes on my cruise next May. I would like to go to Grasse as I am interested in the Perfume Factories/Tours.

The ship tour does not leave untill pm and from the sound of it you do not have very long in Grasse.

At the moment I cannot find any of the Shorex companies doing this Tour although I have the possibility of getting a group together on the Roll Call.

However if I wanted to do it DIY is it difficult to get from Cannes to Grasse using public transport.

The ship is in port all day so have plenty of time.

Many Thanks

Jackie

Jackie, You do have a couple of excellent options. From the Cannes tender pier you first need to get to the train station which is about a 25 min walk or a fast taxi ride. There is also some local buses that can get you to the station, but we do not have those details.

Once at the train station you have 2 options. You can take the train (about 6.5 Euros round trip) which is a 25 min ride. There is normally one train per hour and it usually leaves about 20-25 min past the hour. The other option is to catch either the #600 or #610 bus from the train station to Grasse. The bus only costs 1 Euro (I think it might have recently been increased to 1.5 Euros) each way and takes about 45 min.

Hank

Archived