Two flights (day apart) to MIA for same person - will that be ok?

hightownCO

Hard to title this one....

I bought a one way ticket on AA for the day of my cruise. Fare very cheap ($121 total). Now thinking of flying in the day before with same airline (AA)

If I buy a ticket for day before and keep the other ticket active (as insurance), does that set off any bells and whistles with the airline or Homeland Security as any kind of threat or security issue?

Any need for concern?

Thanks in advance...

It will not be a problem.

What you can't do on American is have two tickets on the same day on different flights.

Keith

I just checked and if I change my original ticket, the change fee of 200. is added, less the cost of original ticket + new ticket costs.

If I stay w/aa, not cancel the current ticket and just buy the prior day's ticket, should I not use FF# as anthk33 suggests?

Or would it be better all around to spend a few bucks more and go Delta?

I would call AA and just tell them what you want to do and I am sure it will be fine.

I wouldn't fly in the day of the cruise.

It sounds like the change fee is more than the ticket. Is that correct.

I would just purchase a new ticket on AA for the day before and use your FF number. Again, just talk this through with them.

Keith

Thanks Keith, you've obviously got loads of experience with both cruising and flying.

Yes, the original flight was super cheap - $111 plus the normal taxes.

I ended up just booking Delta for the flight the day before. Prices went down a little and liked the times better. So I'll just wait till I'm in Atlanta for the connection and then go ahead and cancel the other ticket on AA. It's a full flight so happy to give someone a chance at that

Except for my first ever cruise, I've always flown in the day before. There were some issues with this next cruise that I couldn't but things got squared away and would rather pay some extra $ for the added peace of mind...not to mention an extra day of vacation!

Archived