Grand Voyage vs B2B

TERRIER1

We just booked a Grand Voyage for 2015 which is comprised of two individual segments. The amenties (free paid gratuities and internet) for the grand voyage of 32 days are the same as those for the individual cruises. However, the $200 Bronze membership OBC is applied only once to the Grand Voyage whereas if we had booked the two cruises as a B2B we would have received $400 ($200 for each segment). The same is true with the restaurant reservations. We only have 4 speciality (one for each restaurant) reservations for the Grand Voyage versus eight had we book the cruise as a B2B. Why does Oceania do this? The pricing between the two options doesn't warrant booking a Grand Voyage. It seem inequitable.

Would you also get a B2B discount if booked separately?

How does the pricing compare B2B vs Grand?

When I called the O agent it was a $50 difference before the OBC's were applied. Makes no sense to me. I am booked on the Grand Voyage and I don't want to lose my cabin by rebooking. I really don't understand why they don't allow the 8 reservation and the extra $200 OBC for Bronze membership. I don't consider this a way to keep loyal cruisers. It puts a sour taste in my mouth. I was surprised that they didn't allow the reservations or the OBC on this grand voyage.

If it is advertised as a GV you cannot book it as a B2B ..at least you could not a few years ago ..(I tried) ;)

Lyn

Lyn is correct. I have the same issue with our Lima to London trip next year. My travel agent told me that if it is advertised as a Grand Voyage, they can not book the 2 cruises as a B2B. We are at the Gold level or will be after our trip in November, so the benefits we are giving up are even greater.

Cenia

Lyn is correct. I have the same issue with our Lima to London trip next year. My travel agent told me that if it is advertised as a Grand Voyage, they can not book the 2 cruises as a B2B. We are at the Gold level or will be after our trip in November, so the benefits we are giving up are even greater.

Cenia

Just doesn't seem right to me. As someone in another thread mentioned, it appears loyalty perks are being diminished.

I agree At least they give you 2 cruise credits now

When I booked a GV you only got 1 no matter how long the cruise was

Just look at those that get PPG as a loyalty perk & now with all the cruises offering PPG those that have attained the 10+ cruise status lose the PPG they get a small OBC instead

If they are going to continue to offer PPG to everyone they should add a new perk for those Oceania Club members

Extra GTY restaurant reservations

Free Laundry or tokens (though I use the self serve)

free bottle of wine

JMO

Lyn

I agree At least they give you 2 cruise credits now

When I booked a GV you only got 1 no matter how long the cruise was

Just look at those that get PPG as a loyalty perk & now with all the cruises offering PPG those that have attained the 10+ cruise status lose the PPG they get a small OBC instead

If they are going to continue to offer PPG to everyone they should add a new perk for those Oceania Club members

Extra GTY restaurant reservations

Free Laundry or tokens (though I use the self serve)

free bottle of wine

JMO

Lyn

Good point. I hadn't even thought of the PPG at the 10 point level.

Archived