Do you swim in the ship's pool????

kscruiseaholic

I have, I guess there are some who don't. Some of the hot tubs are not as warm as others and if you go on one of the smaller ships or on a newer one during spring or summer break there won't be much room for swimming. I say pack one just in case the mood strikes u to jump in!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi, I dont think i have ever seen this question posted, I am trying to decide if I want to pack swim suits or no. So my question is this......How many of you actually "swim or take a dip" in the ships pool or use the hot tubs?

I collectively refer to those facilities as "the sea of pee".

No, I don't go in them. We prefer to swim in the oceans or large, treated resort pools.

I had a lot of fun on the slide on Paradise last year while we were docked in Cozumel. There were only a few other people in the pool at the time so I could go on the slide all I wanted and swim around without feeling crowded. Was real nice. Bathing suits take up very little space so I always take them, even to Alaska just in case we used a hot tub :)

We are early risers so if we get in the hot tub it is early morning right after it is cleaned.

Pool only occasionally.

But I do wear my swim suit when laying out on deck because when I get hot I love too cool off in the showers near the pools and other places on the decks.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

Hi, I dont think i have ever seen this question posted, I am trying to decide if I want to pack swim suits or no. So my question is this......How many of you actually "swim or take a dip" in the ships pool or use the hot tubs?

In 15 cruises I have not once ventured into any pool or hot tub , and I will continue that tradition each and every cruise .

I collectively refer to those facilities as "the sea of pee".

No, I don't go in them. We prefer to swim in the oceans or large, treated resort pools.

I had to LOL @ the sea of pee. That is to funny.

To the OP I personally have never used the pool because it is always to packed for me. I hope you enjoy your cruise:)

Ok get sea of pee but really where do you think the ses creatures pee and poop :eek: and ultimately die? Not to mention the people at the beach.

Haven't you swam in salt water pools? 1/10 the salt content of sea water. NO chlorine needed.

Carnival uses 100 percent sea water in most of their pools and drain them every night so you are swimming in the same water anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Forums mobile app

In 5 cruises, I've gone in the pool only once. But I do pack a few swim suits. We always do water activities in ports and when I sit on deck, I wear my suit And just throw on a cover up or shorts for lunch or other on board activities. They take up very little space in your luggage, so throw one in!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I remember years ago when we were on a Carnival ship and they had a swim up bar. That was the only time I seen a bar in the pool. I think you know what I’m getting to, those people never moved from their seats. Yes bring your suits if not on the ship beaches at port.

Have sailed Carnival 16 times and have never ventured into a pool. Bear in mind, however, we live in Florida and have a fresh water, lanai covered pool where we can heat the pool water six degrees higher with a roof system. The bath room is next to the pool and you go to the refrig for any drink. There are several lounge chairs at the pool and a table. Maintenance is done by an outside firm ...............I know ....................... I know ................. We are spoiled rotten retirees but can you blame us?

Archived