Alaska advice

tteettimes

We just took our 7th cruise up to Alaska -- sept is our month of choice -- ah, few kids and the beginning of sept has great prices and usually excellent weather.

We prefer the S class over the Century -- love that indoor pool up in Alaska.

If there is one place to splurge on a balcony, it is Alaska. The balcony rooms are more affordable on the S class.

Whale watching is fantastic up in Alaska -- you may not even have to pay extra for an excursion. On our last cruise up there just a few weeks ago, we were in the Tuscan Grill for lunch on our last day of the cruise. I had just commented to my DH that this was the first time we hadn't seen whales from the ship (we didn't take any excursions). During dessert, a pod of whales started playing in the wake -- so 7 for 7 so far.

For a really huge treat, Icy Strait Point has amazing whale watching -- but on an excursion. We were even lucky enough to see a grizzly.

I think both cruises would be special but I would only consider a ship with an indoor pool area for Alaska -- especially if you are not getting a balcony cabin.

Did you do a review? I am looking at this for next September. :)

My only complaint about the whale watchwas the extremely low catch limits they imposed on us. :p:rolleyes:

and the inferior angling equipment they provided :D:D

and the lack of assistance in arranging to get our catch back home. :mad:

Archived