Royal Princess 9.15.2013 Sailing with Cancelation

sepright

Funny I don't remember paying for it in two separate accounts. It was all one vacation which was ruined.
I understand that but they are considered separate and you completed that portion of what you paid for. FYI, it sounds to me from the reports so far that while the cruise was cut short by two days, the cruise was great. Particularly since it turned out to be free.

You can request it, but Princess is most likely going to say no, as you were provided all promised services pre-cruise, especially since technically all they are required to cover is a pro-rata refund for days missed.

And I generally try to avoid personal comments, but I have a hard time hearing a vacation was 'ruined' because of something that happened at the end of the trip. Was the rest of the trip that horrible? Sure it didn't end on a high note, but that also doesn't negate everything that went right prior...

FYI... if the OP did the Swiss Splendors, then it is sold as a cruisetour. The question then becomes does he get a refund for the entire cruisetour or prorated for just the cruise portion? A valid question it seems to me... but the answer is probably just for the cruise...

Looking for feedback from anyone on this sailing. I am interested in communications with Princess and reimbursement policies especially for people who did the "Swiss Tour" before Venice.

Just asking, why would you expect reimbursement for something you already used? Wow....looks like you want it all:eek:

We too have just returned home from this cruise and whilst I have no gripe with the refund of the whole cruise which I believe to be a very fair offer, we did enjoy the completed ports, I have to admit to being a little disappointed at the promise of 25% off our next cruise booking, which sounded at first like a fantastic opportunity to book another wonderful vacation, however what it actually equates to is 25% of the price paid for this cruise (less any packages/air fares etc) as a credit towards the next booking. Quite a different scenario to what was promised when on board. :confused:

Princess "elite members"

We too have just returned home from this cruise and whilst I have no gripe with the refund of the whole cruise which I believe to be a very fair offer, we did enjoy the completed ports, I have to admit to being a little disappointed at the promise of 25% off our next cruise booking, which sounded at first like a fantastic opportunity to book another wonderful vacation, however what it actually equates to is 25% of the price paid for this cruise (less any packages/air fares etc) as a credit towards the next booking. Quite a different scenario to what was promised when on board. :confused:

Princess "elite members"

Hmmmm... the promise of a future cruise credit is always based on what you had paid for the affected cruise. They certainly wouldn't give you 25% off a World Cruise if you had paid for an inside cabin... :rolleyes: Since they refunded the entire cost of the affected cruise, the future cruise credit is icing on the cake...

Princess "elite members"

So let me get this correct;

If you paid $4000 for this 12 day cruise, you will get $1000 towards your next cruise, and a full refund of the $4ooo you paid?

So to sum up you got a FREE 7 Day Cruise, and $1000 off your next cruise, And you want more?:confused:

Princess "elite members"

It would make absolutely no sense for Princess to give you 25% off ANY cruise. Let's say Princess did this and you decided to book the World Cruise in a suite. I'm unsure of the fares but, hypothetically, let's say a suite for two runs about $90,000. By your calculations, Princess should give you $22,500 off that cruise!!! Wouldn't make any business sense for any company to do this. It's fair and reasonable for Princess to give you 25% off a similar in length cruise or 25% off what your recent cruise cost. Here's the deal - you got a seven day cruise - free. I understand the cancellation and the disruption attendant to it (I've gone through it), but you got a free cruise, your entire cruise fare back, expenses paid, and 25% off to apply to your next cruise (in addition to the full refund you received). Sounds VERY fair to me.

It would make absolutely no sense for Princess to give you 25% off ANY cruise. Let's say Princess did this and you decided to book the World Cruise in a suite. I'm unsure of the fares but, hypothetically, let's say a suite for two runs about $90,000. By your calculations, Princess should give you $22,500 off that cruise!!! Wouldn't make any business sense for any company to do this. It's fair and reasonable for Princess to give you 25% off a similar in length cruise or 25% off what your recent cruise cost. Here's the deal - you got a seven day cruise - free. I understand the cancellation and the disruption attendant to it (I've gone through it), but you got a free cruise, your entire cruise fare back, expenses paid, and 25% off to apply to your next cruise (in addition to the full refund you received). Sounds VERY fair to me.

Exactly! Someone must have misunderstood!! When the Star Princess had the fire, we were booked to be on her three weeks later. We received our cruise refund, plus 25% off to apply to our next cruise. The amount depended on the length of the Star cruise plus our booked cabin. I was happy with that:)

Exactly! Someone must have misunderstood!! When the Star Princess had the fire, we were booked to be on her three weeks later. We received our cruise refund, plus 25% off to apply to our next cruise. The amount depended on the length of the Star cruise plus our booked cabin. I was happy with that:)

Now - I would be tickled pink, purple and all the colors of the rainbow if, in fact, Princess gave me 25% off of ANY cruise. I would book that World Cruise in a heartbeat. However, that's not how it works in the real world. I guess I'll just have to work harder and save more. :D

Princess is being more than fair to my thinking. I had a 15 day Hawaii cruise ended after 10 days. Princess refunded a pro rata portion of the fare for the 5 days we did not cruise.

Do people really think that they should receive money back for something that has been used by them in full? If that were true how would any business make money?

I was also on the ill fated Royal Princess cruise of Sept 15. In my estimation Princess cruises was very generous in their handling of the refund. To receive a full refund of the booked cruise less the airfare was fantastic but to also get up to 25% off a future cruise up to a value of 25% of the cost of the Royal Princess trip in addition put me over the top. They arranged and paid transportation home, hotel accommodations, meals. We told in the letter they would consider any losses we had post cruise. I must say I enjoyed every bit of the cruise we had and when we lost power, the staff went out of their way to make sure we were all comfortable. We were only without power for 3.5 hours and had a beautiful lobster dinner after the electricity was returned...and I didn't even have to dress up. I had already enjoyed half of the cruise and seen many things I had been looking forward to and with refund I can go back another time and see the rest. Terri

I agree with everyone- we completed our pre-cruise package, and would not expect a refund for that, nor the shipboard account that we already completed excursions, liquor etc. United gave us a credit for our cancelled return flight on Lufthansa, but the change fee of $400 cuts into being able to use much of it in the future. Not complaining however. It is still in the plus column.

I feel bad that the crew missed 3-4 days of tips, we tipped our cabin steward extra due to the situation. They worked longer hours than normal those last few days. Our waiter said on the night of the event which was a formal night they we called in early and changed everything out to paper plates etc, then when the power came back on they went back to the normal plan and reset everything to china again. The dining staff the last night on 2nd seating had to report to the Horizon Court at 0300 because they were expecting a lot of people that would be eating before getting off the ship.

I still am very pleased with the way it was all handled. Credit showed up on credit card account this morning.

Archived