well, they lied, twice!!

IamaTexasCruiser

planning a sisters/friends cruise, Magic out of Galveston, and we got adjoining balcony rooms (where it has a door opening to both rooms)...........i asked TWICE if the balcony partition can be opened, as we wanted both balcony's together............TWICE i was told yes.

called again and checked again last night (just had a feeling.....) and was told NO...........it doesn't open!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm madder than a wet hen! :mad:

Good grief what is it these days with getting different answers from same company...I know its always been like that since the beginning of time but really...ugh..I feel for you!!

On our upcoming cruise we booked an L shaped room with balcony and I told our friends that are coming with us that the L shaped rooms with balcony only sleep 2 so they would have to get the regular balcony room next to us as they would be 3 persons. My friend booked with one name for cheaper deposit at the time told them there would eventually be three people in the cabin. Carnival over the phone said ok. Then when my friend added her husband and daughter they then said no way that particular regular cabin that was next to ours (as we wanted large long balcony together and to have partition pushed/folded/moved back as that is all they do they don't physically remove it) is another room that only sleeps two....she was madder than a wet hen and ended up a few more doors down than us.

Is it so hard to get one answer on a particular issue that really only has one answer?...sheesh.

If your rooms are connecting via the inside, you will not be able to open the divider on the balcony because it would totally block one of the doors. If you would rather have connecting balconies, you need to make sure the beds are on the same wall of each other (back to back) if that makes sense. But it can't be both ways.

planning a sisters/friends cruise, Magic out of Galveston, and we got adjoining balcony rooms (where it has a door opening to both rooms)...........i asked TWICE if the balcony partition can be opened, as we wanted both balcony's together............TWICE i was told yes.

called again and checked again last night (just had a feeling.....) and was told NO...........it doesn't open!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry...just a bit too much drama for what ultimately amounts to an inconvenience. You received misinformation. Lies are falsehoods with a deliberate intent to deceive and I don't think that was the case.

If your rooms are connecting via the inside, you will not be able to open the divider on the balcony because it would totally block one of the doors. If you would rather have connecting balconies, you need to make sure the beds are on the same wall of each other (back to back) if that makes sense. But it can't be both ways.

Saved me from typing. This is your answer. To be quite honest if I had to pick one way, it would be connecting doors inside like we had on the Freedom without the connecting balcony.

I'm sorry...just a bit too much drama for what ultimately amounts to an inconvenience. You received misinformation. Lies are falsehoods with a deliberate intent to deceive and I don't think that was the case.

I agree with you 100%

OP......you are going on a wonderful vacation with your family. You were able to get connecting rooms which I'm sure you will very much enjoy.

When you get onboard either the balcony dividers can be opened or not, but either way it's not the end of the world.

Please take a deep breath and a step back and look at this in perspective. Trust me there are a lot bigger things going on right now to get mad about, not something like this.

I do truly hope you enjoy your cruise!

You'd get much better responses without accusing Carnival of LYING. They were not lies if responses came from more than one person.

Apparantly you are perfect.

I thought they did. It's a fast way to get to the cabin doors to close the storm doors in stormy waters. Imagine a storm brewing, the crew having to knock on everyone's cabin door to gain entry?

Cove dividers do open for specific pairs of cabins. If you begin at the front of the ship and look at coves "2 by 2" each of these balcony pairs will have a divider that can be opened. The reason it works this way is every other divider is comprised of the storm doors that cover the cabin balcony door.

This is the same thing we were told...that cove balconies could be opened except in the case of adjoining rooms

If the connecting balconies are more important than the connecting inside door why don't you see if there are two other balconies that would allow that? If not then I am sure that you could find somewhere else on the ship to meet for Happy Hour that would have a great view.

I don't think the person on the phone "lied" to you but was misinformed themselves. When booking my cruise I inquired about the cove balconies and the person on the phone insisted that they were completely enclosed with plexi-glass. She even asked a supervisor who agreed with her. Both were wrong but were sure they were right and wanted to make sure I was aware of that before booking.

We've had this issue before. OP- get to port as early as reasonable. As soon as you get on the ship go to guest services and place your request. There are a limited number of balcony dividers that can be opened. Two cruises ago we waited too long to ask (an hour onboard was too late) and couldn't get them opened.

You'd get much better responses without accusing Carnival of LYING. They were not lies if responses came from more than one person.

Apparantly you are perfect.

Not to steal but...there are several different ways of criticising:

Facilitative criticism: meant to facilitate the person being criticized, so that person is improved in the act of learning.

Belittling criticism: meant to diminish the person being criticized so that the criticizer can feel superior.

How would you categorize your last sentence? Your response stands on its own merits just fine without it.

Back to topic. I think, Iamatexascruiser, in the end you'll find that in spite of maybe not getting the balcony opened, you'll have a great time. Besides, from what I'm reading the jury is still out so wait til you get on board and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I thought they did. It's a fast way to get to the cabin doors to close the storm doors in stormy waters. Imagine a storm brewing, the crew having to knock on everyone's cabin door to gain entry?

Correct. We had a cove on the dream and the partitions almost all the way down in both directions were opened when they were shutting the water tight doors.

When I was on the Liberty in November I had connecting rooms for me and my kids. Our balconies didn't open but when I went down to guest services and asked them, they came up and removed the divider completely which was much better.

I'm not sure they can do this for you but it won't hurt to ask.

OBVIOUSLY...cc has become the land of the nasty people

Lying...misinformation...whatever

OP asked a question to what they thought was a highly informed individual from CCL

they now find out the CCL doesn`t actually TRAIN employees to give correct answers and even find out the correct answer

When we were on the Magic TA cruise, we had adjoining balcony rooms and they DID open the partition between the balconies for us. We were on the 7th floor. We were in 7400 and my sis and BIL were in 7404.

The rooms did connect inside and the beds were on opposite walls. Our doors to the balcony were beside each other, but the partition opened back towards the balcony rail, so it didn't block either door. (If that makes sense.) The balcony is not completely open, it's more like a walk through.

I don't think anyone intentionally lied to you, but I do believe it is different depending on the ship, the location of the rooms, the location of the balcony doors,etc. I asked on CC before our cruise and was told different things by different people. So, I just waited until we got on and asked our room steward. He immediately opened the partition for us and it stayed that way for 16 glorious days!!!! :D

A trip to guest services was never even necessary! I hope this will help, but since I'm not sure where your rooms are, it may not.

This is the same thing we were told...that cove balconies could be opened except in the case of adjoining rooms

I'm confused. Adjoining cabins share a solid interior wall. Connecting cabins share an interior door.

Do you mean that they cannot be opened if the interior wall has a door?

Archived