well, they lied, twice!!

IamaTexasCruiser

Our last cruise was on the Conquest. We made sure we booked side by side extended aft balconies with a dividing door that could be opened. When we got on board, there was indeed a door. We requested it be opened and were denied. Said it wasn't possible. Being the enterprising folks we are, in no time we had opened it ourselves. When they finally sent someone about my complaint and saw door was open, they pointed out the fact that the thingy that holds door open was broken and was a safety issue. They did fix it, and it was no problem after that, but what it boiled down to is that they didn't want to send a maintenance guy down to spend 5 minutes fixing it until I made a fuss. Easier to just tell us no. That cruise had the worst customer service I have ever had on a Carnival cruise, as the door was just the beginning. We had a great cruise anyway, and I'm hoping it was an anomaly, as we are used to great customer service with Carnival.

[quote name='IamaTexasCruiser']"misrepresentatoin" only if they didn't know, and didn't wanna look it up

'lie' if they purposefully said what they said to get rid of me

[B]who's to tell???[/B]

i guess we'll have to all sit in the doorway of the connecting rooms and have happy hour...............booooooo[/QUOTE]

Correct, "Who's to tell???"......except you already seemed to have done so. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Out to sea!']Correct, "Who's to tell???"......except you already seemed to have done so. :rolleyes:[/quote]
Yes, they picked the answer they wanted and started this thread. As stated before, I truly get repulsed when a thread is started using the term "they lied". Sets up the tone for replies.

This info on the web site is not correct. Last year I was in 8224 on the dream and my cabin door connected to 8820 our friends cabin and our balconies also connected. The web site info follows and it is not right. Why would connecting rooms not have connecting balconies? I check my other cruise also it it is also wrong

8224 8C 185/35 = 220 sq ft
Beds: twin/king Cabin connects to; 8220
View: window and balcony Balcony partition connects to: 8228
Bathroom: shower-toilet-sink
Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table
Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table
Smoking permitted on balcony only

[quote name='RuthlessBoss']Yes, they picked the answer they wanted and started this thread. As stated before, I truly get repulsed when a thread is started using the term "they lied". Sets up the tone for replies.[/quote]
Does it really matter if they "lied" or were just complete idiots that don't know how to perform their job duties. If the word "lie" so upsets you why did you click on this thread? So you could belittle the OP? I'm sure if you called and booked a balcony and the CCl rep said "yes it's a balcony" and you showed up to the ship and had an inside cabin with bunk beds, you would be just peachy right?

[quote name='repo-cruiser']Does it really matter if they "lied" or were just complete idiots that don't know how to perform their job duties. If the word "lie" so upsets you why did you click on this thread? So you could belittle the OP? I'm sure if you called and booked a balcony and the CCl rep said "yes it's a balcony" and you showed up to the ship and had an inside cabin with bunk beds, you would be just peachy right?[/QUOTE]

+10

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Just off the Breeze. We had 3 cove balconies in a row. Cabins 1&2 had moveable balcony partition. Cabins 2&3 had adjoining room doors. Balcony could NOT be opened between 2&3. I was told by my PVP that it is configured that way so families who need more then 2 cabins can be "connected" without having to use the hallway. She said all ships were that way. Not sure if thats true or not.

By the way it looks like when that balcony partition is opened one of the cabins looses the view from the window.

Don't worry just yet. We were on the Magic in February. We had 4 balcony cabins in a row. Two of the partitions opened all the way. The one room that we had connecting doors with did not. The partition did fold in half so we could get back and forth to each other while out on the balcony but it wasn't open completely. It worked out fine!

[quote name='Jenny in TX']Don't worry just yet. We were on the Magic in February. We had 4 balcony cabins in a row. Two of the partitions opened all the way. [B]The one room that we had connecting doors with did not. [/B] The partition did fold in half so we could get back and forth to each other while out on the balcony but it wasn't open completely. It worked out fine![/QUOTE]
Which is exactly what the op is worried about.
If she would figure out her other cabin number she could get a simple yes or no from someone.

[quote name='Lerin']Which is exactly what the op is worried about.
If she would figure out her other cabin number she could get a simple yes or no from someone.[/quote]

From what I read she is worried that the partition doesn't open at all. What I am saying is that it does open half way so they will be able to connect the balconies also.

[quote name='EastTex']I'm sorry...just a bit too much drama for what ultimately amounts to an inconvenience. You received misinformation. Lies are falsehoods with a deliberate intent to deceive and I don't think that was the case.[/QUOTE]

True....and with 1,000's of cabins on all these ships....(some where the balconies will open and some that will not)...

I think it is unreasonable to expect anyone to know absolutely which panels will or will not open.

That is just not information that a reasonable person would expect the average operator to know.

[quote name='Jenny in TX']Don't worry just yet. We were on the Magic in February. We had 4 balcony cabins in a row. Two of the partitions opened all the way. The one room that we had connecting doors with did not. The partition did fold in half so we could get back and forth to each other while out on the balcony but it wasn't open completely. It worked out fine![/quote]

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!!! i will keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, i am like a dog anticipating a treat!!!!!

[quote name='LHP']True....and with 1,000's of cabins on all these ships....(some where the balconies will open and some that will not)...

I think it is unreasonable to expect anyone to know absolutely which panels will or will not open.

That is just not information that a reasonable person would expect the average operator to know.[/quote]
Oh, I so agree. I was leary of posting this as my thought, didn't want to get pounced on.

[quote name='LHP']True....and with 1,000's of cabins on all these ships....(some where the balconies will open and some that will not)...

That is just not information that a reasonable person would expect the average operator to know.[/QUOTE]

Why not say the truth, I don't know. Shouldn't it be their job since this information is important to some passengers booking these cabins. Along with a good cut of steak, now one can't get cabin information.

[quote name='firemanbobswife']If your rooms are connecting via the inside, you will not be able to open the divider on the balcony because it would totally block one of the doors. If you would rather have connecting balconies, you need to make sure the beds are on the same wall of each other (back to back) if that makes sense. But it can't be both ways.[/quote]

not true last two cruises we were on the rooms connected and the balcony's as well.

h[quote name='IamaTexasCruiser']planning a sisters/friends cruise, Magic out of Galveston, and we got adjoining balcony rooms (where it has a door opening to both rooms)...........i asked TWICE if the balcony partition can be opened, as we wanted both balcony's together............TWICE i was told yes.

called again and checked again last night (just had a feeling.....) and was told NO...........it doesn't open!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm madder than a wet hen! :mad:[/quote]
hi--regarding the screen door connecting the balconies-----yes--yes they can be opened---just ask your steward--he will be more then happy to do it--Irene and John--58 cruisers on carnival---

[quote name='repo-cruiser']Does it really matter if they "lied" or were just complete idiots that don't know how to perform their job duties. If the word "lie" so upsets you why did you click on this thread? So you could belittle the OP? I'm sure if you called and booked a balcony and the CCl rep said "yes it's a balcony" and you showed up to the ship and had an inside cabin with bunk beds, you would be just peachy right?[/QUOTE]

So if you have consensual sex with someone and they call the police and say they were raped, your defense is that it was just semantics? Yes, proper word usage really does matter!

[quote name='Blk_Amish']Why not say the truth, I don't know. Shouldn't it be their job since this information is important to some passengers booking these cabins. Along with a good cut of steak, now one can't get cabin information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Maybe it is the truth, as they know it. the information might not be correct, but they are giving what they believe to be truthful information.

[quote name='Out to sea!']Maybe it is the truth, as they know it. the information might not be correct, but they are giving what they believe to be truthful information.[/QUOTE]

The truth as they know it is not acceptable when you are spending hard earn money on a vacation. The information needs to be correct as a service to the customer. If you need information that people believe to be the truth join CC for free. With today's technology accurate information should be a click away.

[quote name='Blk_Amish']The truth as they know it is not acceptable when you are spending hard earn money on a vacation. The information needs to be correct as a service to the customer. If you need information that people believe to be the truth join CC for free. With today's technology accurate information should be a click away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

I completely agree. But the truth still stands, if the CSP thought they were giving accurate information, they did not lie.

[quote name='Jenny in TX']Don't worry just yet. We were on the Magic in February. We had 4 balcony cabins in a row. Two of the partitions opened all the way. The one room that we had connecting doors with did not. The partition did fold in half so we could get back and forth to each other while out on the balcony but it wasn't open completely. It worked out fine![/quote]

This is the same experience we had with our connecting room on Magic. The partition folds back towards the rail, not towards the windows or doors. I really don't think you are going to have a problem with this.

[quote name='Out to sea!']I completely agree. But the truth still stands, if the CSP thought they were giving accurate information, they did not lie.[/QUOTE]

Lies, incompetence, really doesn't matter since the CSP aren't our loved ones. Point is, getting the right room/balcony configuration is the small thing can make a huge difference. We are caught up into lie vs truth but one thing is for sure the CSP FAILED, which is unacceptable for those who value their vacation time.

[quote name='Blk_Amish']Lies, incompetence, really doesn't matter since the CSP aren't our loved ones. Point is, getting the right room/balcony configuration is the small thing can make a huge difference. We are caught up into lie vs truth but one thing is for sure the CSP FAILED, which is unacceptable for those who value their vacation time.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about you but I'd rather be known as incompetent than as a liar any day of the week. To me, balcony configurations don't mean zilch as I'm usually in a PT or OV and don't waste the money for a balcony that I rarely spend 5 minutes a day on.

Archived