well, they lied, twice!!

IamaTexasCruiser

[quote name='hendo13']not true last two cruises we were on the rooms connected and the balcony's as well.[/quote]

Part of the issue with things like this...all sites I've seen online say NO connecting rooms have connecting balconies. Ask 4 people at Carnival, you get 4 answers. Info about this is not reliable--seeing is believing!

[quote name='Out to sea!'][COLOR="Red"]I don't know about you but I'd rather be known as incompetent than as a liar any day of the week. [/COLOR]To me, balcony configurations don't mean zilch as I'm usually in a PT or OV and don't waste the money for a balcony that I rarely spend 5 minutes a day on.[/QUOTE]

Because we are not known as one doesn't mean we are not one. I have done my fair share of 'omission in my lifetime, ask my mama. I am almost 50 and still lying to her about the teenage years. The truth is I am actually 48 but since I was 45 I claim I am almost 50 and sometimes I say I will be 60 eventually. I look fantastic for 60, good for 50, but sos-so for the 40's.

Now because I usually travel with kids, room configuration is VERY important. Be it lies, wrong, bad, misleading, information could drastically affect my vacation. Not on a cruise but our last land vacation we ended up with a king and a sofa instead of 2 double. I requested and was told the room had 2 doubles, big difference for a week. These might be the little things that take a good vacation to great or dampens what would otherwise be a great vacation. When possible I book balconies, nice place to get out and feel the first ray of sun on your face, watch the sunset and pray about your wrong deeds that you have done.

[quote name='hendo13']not true last two cruises we were on the rooms connected and the balcony's as well.[/QUOTE]

On Conquest Class ships, the connecting rooms have the inside doors on the wall opposite the bed. Same is true for the doors that go out to the balcony. So in order to open the balcony divider, one of the outside doors will be blocked because they swivel back against the side of the ship.

Now if you have rooms that have the beds along the same wall, the balcony divider can be opened. It will just be blocking one of the windows as opposed to the actual door.

Been there, done that too.

[quote name='Out to sea!']So if you have consensual sex with someone and they call the police and say they were raped, your defense is that it was just semantics? Yes, proper word usage really does matter![/QUOTE]

Along with SIZE of the balcony of course:p:cool:. I think this is getting a bit deep and rocking the balcony issue. The point is there should be able to provide accurate information to paying customers.

[quote name='firemanbobswife']On Conquest Class ships, the connecting rooms have the inside doors on the wall opposite the bed. Same is true for the doors that go out to the balcony. So in order to open the balcony divider, one of the outside doors will be blocked because they swivel back against the side of the ship.

Now if you have rooms that have the beds along the same wall, the balcony divider can be opened. It will just be blocking one of the windows as opposed to the actual door.

Been there, done that too.[/quote]

as long as it opens, we're cool! mucho thanks!! now i won't be permanently mentally scarred, and won't have to sue them :)

[quote name='Boozebabe']Just off the Breeze. We had 3 cove balconies in a row. Cabins 1&2 had moveable balcony partition. Cabins 2&3 had adjoining room doors. Balcony could NOT be opened between 2&3. I was told by my PVP that it is configured that way so families who need more then 2 cabins can be "connected" without having to use the hallway. She said all ships were that way. Not sure if thats true or not.

[COLOR="Red"]By the way it looks like when that balcony partition is opened one of the cabins looses the view from the window.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

This was how mine was on the Liberty and they came and removed the whole petition. I'm not sure if it was because we had our kids in the room (17 yr olds, not minor) but it was nice not to have the petition there at all.

[quote name='Blk_Amish']Because we are not known as one doesn't mean we are not one. I have done my fair share of 'omission in my lifetime, ask my mama. I am almost 50 and still lying to her about the teenage years. The truth is I am actually 48 but since I was 45 I claim I am almost 50 and sometimes I say I will be 60 eventually. I look fantastic for 60, good for 50, but sos-so for the 40's.

Now because I usually travel with kids, room configuration is VERY important. [B][COLOR="Red"]Be it lies, wrong, bad, misleading, information could drastically affect my vacation.[/COLOR][/B] Not on a cruise but our last land vacation we ended up with a king and a sofa instead of 2 double. I requested and was told the room had 2 doubles, big difference for a week. These might be the little things that take a good vacation to great or dampens what would otherwise be a great vacation. When possible I book balconies, nice place to get out and feel the first ray of sun on your face, watch the sunset and pray about your wrong deeds that you have done.[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm much more easy going. The only thing that could [I][B]drastically[/B][/I] affect my vacation would be if the ship sunk!

[quote name='Out to sea!']I guess I'm much more easy going. The only thing that could [I][B]drastically[/B][/I] affect my vacation would be if the ship sunk![/QUOTE]

Yes, if the ship sank someone would come on and thank the cruise line for the unexpected free deep ocean water excursion to frolic with the big pretty sharks called JAWS. I for one love to get what I pay for, and if that's a balcony that opens , then that's shall it be.

On my last Princess cruise this older lady fell and had to be airvaced off the ship. I can still hear the scream of her daughter to this day. We are all different, aren't we.

[quote name='IamaTexasCruiser']as long as it opens, we're cool! mucho thanks!! now i won't be permanently mentally scarred, and won't have to sue them :)[/QUOTE]

Now, I an permanently scared from the image of you guys sitting in the hallway enjoying happy hour. I will consult with my therapists Dr Bud Wiser or the team of Jack and Daniel, who have always suggest a Sex on the Beach but never with a Bahama Mama and be mindful of White Russians and Miami Vice because it could all go down hill in a Mud Slide, where only the sweet Moscato can help.

Enjoy

Archived