Eclipse, April 12, 2015 cancelled due to dry dock

cruisestitch

Just got a call from travel agent. Eclipse April 12, 2015 cruise cancelled due to dry dock of unknown length (since the cruises beyond that date hadn't been announced yet).

Thanks for the info Cruisestitch.

Here's the Celebrity email quoted to me by my TA

Please be advised that the April 12, 2015 sailing of Celebrity Eclipse has been cancelled due to a newly confirmed dry-dock. As a result of this cancelled sailing all guests who are currently booked on the sailing will need to be moved/cancelled. This memo addresses compensation for clients booked on the impacted sailing.

Guests booked with names and money in house on Celebrity Eclipse 4/12/15 14-Night Exotic Southern Caribbean Cruise (MIA/MIA):

Re-book on select Celebrity Eclipse 14-Night Exotic Southern Caribbean sailings, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available rate or any other Celebrity sailing at prevailing rate.

Select Celebrity Eclipse Sailings

December 7, 2014 February 15, 2015

January 4, 2015 March 1, 2015

January 18, 2015 March 15, 2015

February 1, 2015 March 29, 2015

Receive $200 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $400 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Celebrity sailing.

Air change fee reimbursement is not being offered.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel; however, they will not receive any of the above compensation.

All reservations that have not been changed to an alternative Celebrity sailing, by the specified closed date of Monday, October 14, 2013. will be cancelled and ineligible for the compensation offered.

Thank you in advance for communicating this information to any clients you have booked on the affected sailing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your clients.

MARK

Just got a call from travel agent. Eclipse April 12, 2015 cruise cancelled due to dry dock of unknown length (since the cruises beyond that date hadn't been announced yet).

Hope you rebook. Southern Caribbean itinerary is a great sailing. It is a bummer though!

• 10 months later...
I'm scheduled to be on the April 21st Transatlantic sailing and I haven't heard a thing yet. And they are still showing the cruise as available. I'm really ticked off.

The original post is from Sept 2013.....did you book through a TA or

directly through Celebrity?...I would contact them but I am guessing

since your cruise is a TA crossing it will be the first one after the

drydock.

I'm scheduled to be on the April 21st Transatlantic sailing and I haven't heard a thing yet. And they are still showing the cruise as available. I'm really ticked off.

Our cruise is not cancelled, we are on the TA too. Why not join the roll call for the cruise where we already over 150 participants and 1000 posts!!!

Here's a link to one of the pages, lots of info about the cruise which will be helpful!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2007595&page=52

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking at the March 29 Exotic Southern Caribbean which would be the last cruise before the dry dock. Has anyone done one of these cruises? Will this affect service or anything else on the cruise?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jennie

We're booked on 14/06/15 so that's not true.