Pricing changes

Sooner61

I am leaving on the Epic in January and in just pricing the same cruise on Cruises Only, I found the same cruise for 200.00 less per person. I contacted NCL and the rep told me that was a very good price.I asked if she thought my price might change. She that the possibility would be very likely since the ship still has a lot of availability. I have until the end of the month to make my final payment. Has anyone had similar experiences where the price did go down? If so, did it occur before or after the final payment? Ship credit is okay if it matches the lower price.

I like the room that I booked but it's not worth a 200.00 difference.

Either way, I'm cruisin'!:D

I am leaving on the Epic in January and in just pricing the same cruise on Cruises Only, I found the same cruise for 200.00 less per person. I contacted NCL and the rep told me that was a very good price.I asked if she thought my price might change. She that the possibility would be very likely since the ship still has a lot of availability. I have until the end of the month to make my final payment. Has anyone had similar experiences where the price did go down? If so, did it occur before or after the final payment? Ship credit is okay if it matches the lower price.

Cruise prices can go either up or down...usually up as the cruise approaches. Until you make final payment, if it goes down, you can get the lower price. After final, no. Price changes are just impossible to predict. However, if a ship still has a lot of vacancy a few weeks before a cruise, then prices will usually be reduced for the remaining rooms. On our next cruise however, from when we book until now, the price for what we booked went up $1400. A Panama Canal cruise we have booked for next spring has sold out already for the cabin types we booked. Just can't tell.

How long have you been booked with NCL? If less than 60 days, you can probably transfer your booking to the new TA for the lower price and keep the same cabin. Just make sure they are quoting you the same cabin category.

If not, then keep an eye on NCL's prices and call when you see drops. They will not do an automatic price drop for you if you don't call. Sometimes you can even go from inside to ocean view, ocean view to balcony, etc for no extra money.

Even after final payment, I have seen people upgrade and be given extra OBC after price drops, so don't count it out. No guarantees of course.

And of course, you still have the option of canceling and rebooking with the TA for the better price if you can't transfer.

Edited by punkincc

For our cruise in November, we went from a BB Balcony to an MB Mini-suite for no extra charge, along with a $75 OBC, when the prices of the cabins dropped, even after final payment, which was in August. I am one to believe that you just never know. If you get the right person on the line, wonders happen! Happy sailing!!

200 pp is a great price decrease before final payment. Before you sit around and wait to see if your price drops, consider the possibility next week the sale on cruises only could be gone; they may only have a few cabins for sale at that price. I'd call and see what cabins they have available and if they're acceptable, cancel and rebook. Sometimes those great prices are gone before you know it!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I was able to cancel w/ NCL and book the exact same room w/ the TA and get the lower price, 50.00 obc and a 50.00 rebate once the cruise is complete. Overall, very satisified. Followed up with the pricing with the online TA yesterday and the exact same category is now the same price as NCL. Think I got a great deal! Super excited to be on the ship and sailing away. :)

• 1 month later...

I noticed today that NCL has dropped $80 pp and offering free upgrades for our cruise in April. Since final payment is still a month away-this shouldn't be a problem, right? NCL website is offering a large balcony for $80pp less than what we paid for a regular BE Balcony. I've emailed TA twice and I'm still waiting for a reply.....is this normal and should I have booked directly through NCL? This is my first time using a TA. I thought by using a TA it would take all the stress of booking away but so far I'm frustrated because I can't contact a PCC directly.

Another question, is it possible to have a TA removed and have a PCC assigned? Just wondering if I have this option.

Thank you and happy sailing!

I am booked on the Breakaway on January 19. Our cabin has gone down $1,300.00. Called my TA who called NCL and they offered me what they say was a upgrade to Deck 12 near Splash Academy don't consider this any deal. When I booked I got no OBC. Wondering if I should try to call NCL myself.

Another question, is it possible to have a TA removed and have a PCC assigned? Just wondering if I have this option.

Since you are before final payment, if the TA doesn't have any cancellation fees, you can just cancel your current reservation and make a new one with NCL directly. To me it seems that you have just picked a poor TA, we use one that advertises on this site and always have gotten better perks and pricing that from NCL directly.

I am booked on the Breakaway on January 19. Our cabin has gone down $1,300.00. Called my TA who called NCL and they offered me what they say was a upgrade to Deck 12 near Splash Academy don't consider this any deal. When I booked I got no OBC. Wondering if I should try to call NCL myself.

No because they won't talk to you as you are booked through a TA and that is what NCL pays the TA, to deal with these things with you.

To me it seems that everything went just as it should: if there are better category cabins available to upgrade, that is what NCL does, the OBC comes in the picture usually only after that. Since you were already offered but refused the upgrade, they don't need to offer you anything else.

I noticed today that NCL has dropped $80 pp and offering free upgrades for our cruise in April. Since final payment is still a month away-this shouldn't be a problem, right? NCL website is offering a large balcony for $80pp less than what we paid for a regular BE Balcony. I've emailed TA twice and I'm still waiting for a reply.....is this normal and should I have booked directly through NCL? This is my first time using a TA. I thought by using a TA it would take all the stress of booking away but so far I'm frustrated because I can't contact a PCC directly.

Thank you and happy sailing!

Why are you emailing the TA? Get on the phone and call them. They can't ignore a phone call! As another poster mentioned, check the TA's fees. Some also charge the same fee for changes that they charge for cancellations.

Edited by punkincc

We had a Mini-Suite and an inside cabin booked for 5 of us on the Epic in March. Our final payment date is 12/24. Just a couple weeks ago we found our cruise listed in the "Specials/Promotions and Last Minute Deals" section on NCL.com. Prices listed seemed like a substantial discount. Called our PCC and they adjusted our pricing. This deal chopped almost $900 off our total reservation (which we were already happy with). On top of that, with another reduction a couple days later, we were able to bump our inside room to a balcony. The PCC tells us now that the balcony upgrade also includes some goodies that we had in the mini-suite including $75 OBC, 2 Specialty Restaurants, a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries. What an awesome turn of events. Lesson learned here. I will always keep an eye on pricing leading up to the final payment date. Can't wait!!