Last Minute Royal Princess Question Re: In Suite DVD Players

Woobstr112G

Greetings everyone. I have a last minute question for any prior suite passenger who has sailed on the Royal Princess.

DW and I will be leaving Saturday for a 3 night stay in Venice before we board the Royal. I was lucky enough to be able to afford a suite for the voyage. DW and I like to take along a number of DVD's from old sitcoms, etc to watch in our cabin using the tv opposite the bed. In our past suite sailings (Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire) all I had to do was move the dvd player from the TV in the sitting area to the one opposite our bed. I was curious with the new type of televisions on the Royal is the DVD player hard wired or connected in some other way that would make this impossible? If it isn't possible I was probably going to buy a cheap blue ray player and use a long hdmi cable to hook into the hdmi connection on the back. Way back when we first booked, I was told there were no hook ups but I have seen pictures that indicate there are hdmi connections on the back that are hopefully accessible.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob.

Archived