Club 101, NYC, 10/10/2013

The A Train

OK Jim! That's an interesting comment! We will try to be more direct and the six of us are not all southern. There are two SD friends from California visiting and going to the event. Some or all of us will probably comment! By the way there was only one couple that got an invitation. The other 2 couples just happened to be at the right place at the right time!

OK Jim! That's an interesting comment! We will try to be more direct and the six of us are not all southern. There are two SD friends from California visiting and going to the event. Some or all of us will probably comment! By the way there was only one couple that got an invitation. The other 2 couples just happened to be at the right place at the right time!

Does southern California count as Southern???:eek:

:eek:y

Does southern California count as Southern???:eek:

Jim, we certainly can be bought... for a price (--shrimp n' grits anyone?). ;)

Seriously, we have a lot of the same concerns as many of you here -- so we will not be afraid to bring up some of these issues since the answers could also affect our decision to book any future SD cruises.

Would really like to hear some of the responses that A Train heard too!

I guess that was answered late yesterday on the new "website" thread.

Well, not exactly. While it was nice to have a SeaDream management person join in the discussion, it was only corporate speak mentioned. There was no information on policy changes concerning kids and partial charters, no talk of even adults only special voyages. Just the return to "couples" mentioned on the website. Since you initiated this thread, I suppose I expected more information from you concerning responses they might have made to you in person. If you are not comfortable discussing that, no worries. There are others who will be attending these events who have no problem sharing information.

Thanks,

J.

There was nothing meaningful to share.

My suggestion to all three I spoke to regarding SD's addressing CC concerns was accepted by all with "We'll consider". And, so, they've begun, albeit not to your satisfaction, but, a start.

Thank you so much for your appreciation of my effort!

A!

I certainly respect your effort. It is very hard to get corporate execs to commit but if they listen to the BIG CHOIR SINGING they may get the point!

I will be with Vandrefalk and CDreamer in Hilton Head. And we will express our feelings about this issue. I know they have added 56 couples back to the website but that really doesn't give us a policy!

I just returned from a visit with friends in Texas we met on Sea Dream {2 couples). Then another couple from Pittsburgh that we all met on SD came down for the weekend. None of them had heard about the kid issues. (they are not on CC) They were VERY upset when I showed them the CC board posts because they did not think young children were allowed. They would also not continue to sail SD if they had to sail with young children.

Archived