Day room Miami hotel suggestion

2irisheyes

We need a day room (evening flight) in Miami. Only alternatives so far are Hotel in airport and Sofitel on Blue Lagoon Drive with free airport shuttle. Any suggestions for other hotels. We are in UK so not keen on having to phone umpteen hotels only to be told they don't do day rooms so if anyone has knowledge or experience on this perhaps you could share. Thanks.

Just know that you still have to call any hotel to double check for your date. Most hotels only offer day rooms If vacancy rate allows for it. The Blue Lagoon area is popular with cruisers for overnight stays and has restaurants and some decent chain hotels. Again tho, much depends on your date needed. I'm afraid you will need to call around.

Another option, depending on your date is just to book a room on a discount siteand hope you can get into the room around noon. Depends on when you need to be at the ariport. AND it also depends on if you plan on just staying at the hotel or want to tour the area during your waittime.

eandj - thank you for your reply. It is very difficult to get any information on day rooms (even with the internet) so unless anyone comes up with an alternative we will probably go with the Sofitel. It would just have been good to have more of a choice. As we will be at sea for two weeks before arriving in Miami it will not be practicable to leave it until hotels know their vacancy rates. The few hotels I have called do not seem to be interested.

eandj - thank you for your reply. It is very difficult to get any information on day rooms (even with the internet) so unless anyone comes up with an alternative we will probably go with the Sofitel. It would just have been good to have more of a choice. As we will be at sea for two weeks before arriving in Miami it will not be practicable to leave it until hotels know their vacancy rates. The few hotels I have called do not seem to be interested.

I think the Sofitel is a fantastic choice! I don't think you'll find better because most of the hotels that offer day rooms are crappy chains like Ramada and Rodeway.

Go with the Sofitel, you'll be very happy with this!

I was in the same situation as you. I couldn't wrap my mind around calling several hotels the day I arrived back to FLL hoping they had an extra room so I could use it. After my frustrations I decided to use the Extended Stay Hollywood City Pass. I highly recommend it. It's not a hotel room but it's a nice cool, clean place to relax before your flight back home. They have plenty of options for things to do as well. Plus transportation from the port to the reception area and to the airport FLL or MIA and storage of your luggage is included. $35/pp can't beat it.

Here's a great review on it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1452635

eandj - our day in Miami will be 26 Nov and our flight to London departs MIA at 8.05 pm.

BlueHerons - thanks for the endorsement of the Sofitel. We have booked a day room there for $107 inclusive which seems a fair price for Miami. Although we have made a booking we do have the option to cancel so we are still researching.

cynt - I have read some of the thread about the pass but one thing we wanted was to be able to rest and freshen up before our overnight flight of approx. 9 hours duration. There are no showers at MIA nor at the hospitality centre from what I can make out. We also considered a post cruise hopon hopoff ticket including transfer of both us and our luggage from port and to airport later in the day. This was through Viator but so far the Sofitel has won our vote.

Thanks for replies.

Archived