Just booked Christmas cruise.

woodley

We have just booked a cruise departing 12/21/2013 on Crown. Does anyone know what if anything is done on Princess cruise to make them festive? We have never done a cruise at christmas so really dont know what to expect. Also we will be in Aruba on Christmas day any idea if anything will be open?

We cruised Melbourne to Australia on Dawn Christmas 2011. It was beautifully decorated, they even had snow falling in the atrium which was great. Spectacular gingerbread house displays, santa ice carvings etc. ON christmas eve they kept the action going by announcing just where Santa was on route to the ship, then finally announced they had turned off one of the engines so he could come down the funnel and would be landing on deck 12 (Riviera). All children under 12 received a pressie from him. The christmas day food was extra special. I would have loved all my kids and grandkids with me to experience it too, but we had our Christmas celebrations before the cruise so as not to miss out.

This was our first cruise and we became totally hooked! Doing our third cruise on Princess in January.

I've done 2 Christmas cruises on Princess. The ship is decorated beautifully. Trees everywhere. Music throughout the ship. Santa pays a visit for the good boys and girls (under 18 I believe). Snow tends to fall in the atrium. They have had amazing gingerbread towns in the atrium area. Eggnog at breakfast, a small stocking in your cabin, and a traditional Christmas dinner. Included my favorite Princess dessert - Gingerbread soufflé.

I don't know how early in December the atrium snow starts falling, but we will be on board during Hanukkah and I look forward to checking out Princess' potato pancakes!

A Merry Christmas at Sea

It's not hard to get into the Christmas spirit right from the start, as ships are trimmed from stem to stern in festive holiday decor, complete with wreaths, holly, mistletoe and, of course, Christmas trees, which often even decorate the ship's mast. It's not uncommon to see Yuletide carolers strolling the decks singing favorite holiday tunes, or waiters wearing Santa hats. Seasonal entertainment abounds, as passengers may enjoy themed production shows, live music and films during the voyage. Passengers can also attend Catholic mass and inter-denominational church service.

A special Christmas dinner features traditional favorites such as roast turkey or goose, and passengers will enjoy a range of seasonal sweet treats such as gingerbread mousse, mincemeat pie, chocolate Yule logs and special Christmas cookies.

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Cruising-Through-the-Holidays.html#.Uk3-55m9LCQ

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

I don't know how early in December the atrium snow starts falling, but we will be on board during Hanukkah and I look forward to checking out Princess' potato pancakes!

http://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Cruising-Through-the-Holidays.html#.Uk3-55m9LCQ

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

We've been on three holiday time cruises on Princess ships to Hawaii and one of those also had Hanukkah. Besides a large menorah by the passenger services desk, there were also services in one of the large lounges. I was surprised at how many families had brought their menorah with and the rabbi (retired) who was leading the candle lighting, had everyone bring theirs on the tables and then invited all the "kinder" to help him the candles. We left ours at home, but I did bring a foam sticky menorah kit (from Michaels Arts and Crafts) and we "lit" a candle every night on the menorah that I attached to the TV stand.

If you have kids, they'll make plenty of holiday crafts and can meet with Santa to get a gift.

Last December's cruise was the first time we were going to in port on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I did a little research and was happy to discover that a shopping center we hadn't gone to before would be open on 12/25. Most of the stores were open too.

We were on a cruise for New Years this year. The Christmas decorations were still up - even a little Christmas flower pick in your mailbox! All the banisters in the piazza were bound with garlands, trees were decorated throughout the ship. An area in the main level had all sorts of gingerbread houses built by past cruisers. But I think the thing that really made me feel 'at home' was on the TV in our cabin. One station had a loop of a lit fireplace! It even crackled and snapped! Every night when we were ready to turn in, it would be on for us, making us feel warm and cozy! They do know how to make it feel like home!

Enjoy your holiday cruise! It will be wonderful!

Woodley,

Please join our roll call for this sailing on the Crown. Just go to the roll call area of cruise critic and choose Crown Princess, then scroll down until you see the Christmas sailing. We'd love to have you join in.

OK, did I read that one entry correctly: Stollen at breakfast every day of December? I am soooo in!

Talk about 'secrets the cruise line doesn't tell you!'

I was on the Crown last year for 32-days, disembarking right before Christmas. The ship was beautifully decorated, just like a high-end hotel. The "secret Stollen" can be found at the IC. I had it several mornings, with my coffee, and it was delicious. :)

OK, did I read that one entry correctly: Stollen at breakfast every day of December? I am soooo in!

Talk about 'secrets the cruise line doesn't tell you!'

I can't resist it, and I don't normally even like that kind of dried-fruit thing. The marzipan and the streusel-y topping are TDF.

We were on Sea Princess in the Caribbean, Christmas 2010. The ship was lovely. There was a ship`s company choir and carol singing. The Captain made a speech on Christmas Eve which was a formal night. He announced to the children that the funnels had been swept and one of the engines left off, to let Santa get down.

I found it very strange to see palm trees next to Christmas trees but you come from a warmer climate so it won`t bother you.

We were in St. Lucia on Christmas Day. We took a taxi tour with some others, ending up in Marigot Bay. We went into a bar down by the water to get a drink. They were setting up for Christmas dinner but served us rum punch, announcing it was happy hour. We went back to the ship very happy, :D missing Santa Claus handing out gifts to the children.

Archived