The beauty of ships at night

sdmike

I was going through some pictures today trying to find something, and something really struck me. NCL ships tend to be beautiful at night. While many love the bright sun and pool, I find myself drawn to the beauty of the creatively and carefully lit outside areas. I will just sit out there sometimes. Does anyone else have a deep appreciation of what went into the lighting design of these ships?

I'm going to post some of my favorite nighttime pictures and I hope others do the same.

Here is the Epic at night:

397-vi.jpg

399-vi.jpg

402-vi.jpg

584-vi.jpg

These are amazing! I am worried if I start looking through my pictures I will lose the rest of my day in cruising dreamland! Currently watching the Sun come through the Panama. Not a highly productive day for me :D

These are amazing! I am worried if I start looking through my pictures I will lose the rest of my day in cruising dreamland! Currently watching the Sun come through the Panama. Not a highly productive day for me :D

Your day is already heading down the unproductive path. Give in! :)

Similarly, here are some pictures of the Jewel at night. I'd love to see the other ships as well!

IMG_3541-vi.jpg

IMG_3536-vi.jpg

IMG_3537-vi.jpg

IMG_3548-vi.jpg

IMG_3547-vi.jpg

These are really nice. I have taken pictures of the Epic at nigth (they look alot like yours), however, I've never tought about taking pictures on the other ships. I'll have to start doing this. Lord knows I generally have my camera attached to me while cruising. :D

I did lose my whole day looking at beautiful pictures and reading some amazing posts and then the upgrade fairy popped in with a surprise upgrade... what can I say... a total loss... NOT..

Have a nice evening... enjoy your dream cruise..

Great pictures. I had no idea what the Dawn looked like up top. Were those loungers public or attached to a specific suite (if so, wow)?

Those loungers are part of the garden villa. That whole upper balcony( with all the loungers) is just for garden villa dwellers:D...it is the main reason we booked a garden villa...no need to worry about chair hogs there:D. There are only 2 garden villas! It was a totally awesome experience...check out my review:) I totally agree with you that the ships look great a night. I wish I had more night pictures.

Those loungers are part of the garden villa. That whole upper balcony( with all the loungers) is just for garden villa dwellers...it is the main reason we booked a garden villa...no need to worry about chair hogs there. There are only 2 garden villas! It was a totally awesome experience...check out my review I totally agree with you that the ships look great a night. I wish I had more night pictures.

:eek::eek::D:D:p:p

wow!

These are gorgeous pictures and I am inspired to try to get some of my own next cruise!

I also love to see ships at a distance fully lit up. I don't have pictures, but I will never forget the experience we had once, I believe in S Caribbean, can't recall the port. We were the 3rd ship to leave port, and we watched on deck as the other two ships pulled out in front of us, pivoted and sailed away. It was almost dark, but the sky was still red from the recent sunset. The glowing ships silhouetted against the red sky was just magical.

Who has pictures of the Breakaway at night? I'd love to see those

If you visit the New york Harbor webcam.com, between 5am and 5:45am on Sunday mornings, you'll see the Breakaway and Possibly others, sail under the Verazanno Bridge, on the way to their piers. The ships, city and bridge are beautifully lit, when it is still dark out.

Click on the Bermuda port webcam on Wednesday and Thursday nights, and you'll see the Breakaway alongside in Bermuda. Her lights shine brightly.

Archived