Ecstasy or Elation???

BrownCalico

Looking for a short getaway for my birthday in February, which I know severely limits our options... We do not want to go to the Bahamas, as we have been there twice in the last 6 months, and are looking at 4 or 5 day cruises because we want to get 3 cruises in during 2014.

SO, that basically leaves Ecstasy or Elation as our options, as far as I can see... I know these are both Fantasy Class ships and are on the older side. (Our last cruise was on Fantasy and we loved it).

Which of these 2 would you choose and why? Location is not a huge difference to us, as we will have to fly either way.

Pros and/or cons of each?

Thanks in advance!!!

Having only been on Elation and assuming Ecstasy has not had the 2.0 upgrades, I'm going to say itinerary and homeport would be the deciding factors here. Do a little research on each place you will visit and see if there is any activity or excursion that really stands out to you. Although Miami seems to be slightly warmer at that time of year, both cities offer a lot to see and do.

Been on both ships and they are about the same in my opinion. The Ecstasy option of Key West/Cozumel is promising but it goes out of Miami . We enjoy touring the ruins and relaxing as we like adventure which the Elation provides (Progreso and Cozumel). If you go out of NOLA on the Elation you can enjoy some Mardi Gras parade which begin on Feb 15th so it would be a vacation within a vacation. Another option is going out of Jacksonville on the Fascination to Key West/Nassau which might be drivable instead of flying. Tampa will give you Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We are heading out on the Elation on Jan11th for a quick escape so I know how you feel http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/schedule.html

Looking for a short getaway for my birthday in February, which I know severely limits our options... We do not want to go to the Bahamas, as we have been there twice in the last 6 months, and are looking at 4 or 5 day cruises because we want to get 3 cruises in during 2014.

SO, that basically leaves Ecstasy or Elation as our options, as far as I can see... I know these are both Fantasy Class ships and are on the older side. (Our last cruise was on Fantasy and we loved it).

Which of these 2 would you choose and why? Location is not a huge difference to us, as we will have to fly either way.

Pros and/or cons of each?

Thanks in advance!!!

Why Ectasy? It only goes to the Bahamas unless they have changed it's itinerary.

I jumped before I looked! I just searched the Carnival site and saw Ectasy is going from Miami in 2014. I knew they were switching them up in Port Canaveral, but I forgot!

I have been on the Ectasy and loved it!

We have been on both ships and they are both nice. For some reason I thought the Elation was prettier, though. I did love the slide on the Ecstasy. We are fixing to go out on the Fascination for the 2nd time in a few months and really loved that boat!!

Haven't done "Elation" for a long time, but "Ecstasy" is one of my favorites. Why not consider "Paradise" out of Tampa. It'd do the Western itinerary, and would probably be lots easier to fly into and out of. :D

"SKY"

Haven't done "Elation" for a long time, but "Ecstasy" is one of my favorites. Why not consider "Paradise" out of Tampa. It'd do the Western itinerary, and would probably be lots easier to fly into and out of. :D

"SKY"

Missed that one! Thanks!! Ok, Let's add Paradise to the question! :)

THANKS FOR THE HELP EVERYONE!!!

Elation, Elation, Elation... been on both ships multiple times.. Elation wins in crew, hospitality, and interior. New Orleans as a home port also wins hands down, especially if you've never sailed down the Mississippi. It's an adventure in itself and worth the trip

Archived