Need transportation, Miami airport to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale)

cschultz

when we booked three nights in Orlando pre cruise we didn't understand the distance to port everglades . Now we have to arrange transport to port everglades on the day of our cruise , we will have a checked bag each and a carry on , I would appreciate any suggestions of reliable transfer companies .

we don't drive in the USA

It will be interesting to read what others suggest! This is not an easy/cheap transfer! I heard of quotes upwards of $600 for private shuttles.

I see ESCOT buses a lot at the various cruise terminals around Florida. They have a Cruise Connection Service that you may want to check. An unreliable source told me they paid $220 for two (return) from Orlando to Port of Miami.

http://www.cruiseconnection.travel/

I just did a mock booking from Orlando to Port Everglades = ESCOT Cruise Connection - $138 for two ONE WAY! Not bad actually!

Then there is the Florida Express Bus - just do a search!

Edited by SteerageJoe

I would gladly stand you a pint of Murphys as I am from the home of Murphy's but I need to get info from Orlando to port everglades and back to orlando airport ?

Sorry - I needed another cup of coffee before responding; though you were asking about travel from MIA to PE.

Amtrak trains run from Orlando to FLL/Miami - not sure about fares or schedules; they have a reputation for always being late.

I second the idea of flying - but please try to fly into FLL the day before your cruise just in case there is an airline issue. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL tourist and hotel info.

GreyHound and Megabus are tow additional options you should explore.

6 plus bags will be a tight squeeze into any car you rent -- but the drive from MCO to FLL is easy - mostly tolled highways; the drive takes just over 3 hours. Hopefully you are comfortable driving on the correct side of the road. :-)

Sorry - I needed another cup of coffee before responding; though you were asking about travel from MIA to PE.

Amtrak trains run from Orlando to FLL/Miami - not sure about fares or schedules; they have a reputation for always being late.

I second the idea of flying - but please try to fly into FLL the day before your cruise just in case there is an airline issue. http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL tourist and hotel info.

GreyHound and Megabus are tow additional options you should explore.

6 plus bags will be a tight squeeze into any car you rent -- but the drive from MCO to FLL is easy - mostly tolled highways; the drive takes just over 3 hours. Hopefully you are comfortable driving on the correct side of the road. :-)

I think you would need more than a cup of coffee if I was driving for the first time on the other side of the road no way we would make the allure of the seas but thanks for your help I will research it well

I think you would need more than a cup of coffee if I was driving for the first time on the other side of the road no way we would make the allure of the seas but thanks for your help I will research it well

My wife is from the UK and we often rent cars when visiting UK or Ireland - figuring out round-abouts was harder for me than driving on the other side. Maybe someone else in your group would be comfortable driving?

We're flying into Miami in Sept for our cruise on the Oasis out of FLL. Checked both Lyft and Uber sites and both show they service Miami airport and Port Everglades. We ran the fare estimators to / from and they were running $30 - $35 for up to 4 passengers. We've used Lyft locally here in Phoenix and they are great!

It will be interesting to read what others suggest! This is not an easy/cheap transfer! I heard of quotes upwards of $600 for private shuttles.

I see ESCOT buses a lot at the various cruise terminals around Florida. They have a Cruise Connection Service that you may want to check. An unreliable source told me they paid $220 for two (return) from Orlando to Port of Miami.

http://www.cruiseconnection.travel/

I just did a mock booking from Orlando to Port Everglades = ESCOT Cruise Connection - $138 for two ONE WAY! Not bad actually!

Then there is the Florida Express Bus - just do a search!

We are now thinking of travelling down to port Everglades the day before the cruise , are there any hotels that operate a shuttle service to the port

Edited by Corklou
Typo

http://www.sunny.org has lots of FLL area tourist and hotel information.

A few hotels offer "free" shuttles (the cost is built into your room rate) while others charge $5-10 per person for shuttles, depending upon distances. I would choose a hotel that meets my needs and not worry about shuttles - taxi or Uber will get you there faster and cheaper.