Grandeur of the Seas Cabin 8587

Would you pick cabin 8587? We are booking an interior room on deck 8. We can pick 8587 or any of the 4 surrounding cabins. 8587 seems to be turned differently than the other cabins. I am wondering if anyone knows if the layout will be different (bad or good)?

Our traveling companions booked one of these on our Grandeur cruise last year. We visited the cabin. I think it gave you more room to move around--since you enter from the side of the cabin. We booked one for a future cruise. However, I have read that pax did not like that people walking by the door could see the whole room. [less private]

Yes. These rooms can be a bit less private. We were able to see into one of these rooms when they were being cleaned - you can see the entire room. In terms of location, that end of the ship may be quieter. We heard chairs being moved where we were up at the forward end of the ship. But I think you would be below solarium, so maybe a little quieter...

Archived