tour drop off in Bangkok

markuuk

Hi

Can anyone that has done a princess cruise and done Bangkok on your own tour know where you get dropped off . Have been told its the Asia Hotel but seems a long way out of town

Thanks

Mark

Asia Hotel is an excellent drop off point - it has direct access to the Skytrain so you can get most places easily, including the Royal Palace and Wat Po. It is also close to Siam Square so you can access MBK and just across from that is a large Mall.

Bangkok is one of those strange cities which doesn't really have a centre.

Mark, if you are dropped off near the Skytrain that is an excellent way to get around in this city.

It is a rather unique city.

Have a map with you.

Keith

Yes, the Nancy Chandler map is brilliant. (You can probably get one on ebay).

Thanks guys will have a look for map

Does the sky train go right nesr the palace.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk now Free

Get off the skytrain at the river and then on a boat to the Grand Palace (which is next door practically to Wat Po). You'll see plenty of others doing the same thing.

Great thanks very much

I think we only have 4 1/3 hrs there so may just be a very glancing view at the palace as want to go down some streets to take it all in rather than spend all the time at the palace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Do try to go into the palace grounds if only for a quick wander. It's spectacular and can't be described. It's nothing like your average palace. And do try to take a boat along the river - you'll see far more of interest than the busy roads (and this is from someone who loves to wander the back streets soaking up the atmosphere rather than visiting "sites")

Would agree with previous posters especially with the river transport. Be careful though which ferry you get on as they don't all stop at every place. I recall we got the orange flag ferries. Do not get the tourist ferry. It is overpriced and does not stop everywhere.

Archived