VIFP - Adding old cruises

spaghetti

Has anybody out there dealt with sending documentation to Carnival to have an old cruise added to your VIFP account? The Carnival VIFP web page gives an email address to use, but the message bounced back/address was no good. I know that there is an online form for requesting an adjustment to add a cruise. However, this past cruise is so old that we need to send documentation to Carnival to show them that we were on it. Email seems like it would be easiest and we've already scanned our docs., otherwise I guess we'll just have to fax it.

Also wondering whether anyone knows how long it usually takes for Carnival to get something like this added to our VIFP account.

Has anybody out there dealt with sending documentation to Carnival to have an old cruise added to your VIFP account? The Carnival VIFP web page gives an email address to use, but the message bounced back/address was no good. I know that there is an online form for requesting an adjustment to add a cruise. However, this past cruise is so old that we need to send documentation to Carnival to show them that we were on it. Email seems like it would be easiest and we've already scanned our docs., otherwise I guess we'll just have to fax it.

Also wondering whether anyone knows how long it usually takes for Carnival to get something like this added to our VIFP account.

I had to do the same. I also had to fax but it was quickly added to my list so that I was a VIFP Platinum by my next cruise which was just a few weeks away. I actually only had a boarding picture to prove my first cruise in 1984! They were very nice about it.

I was hoping there were others who had already dealt with it. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with this. I feel much better about it now. The ship isn't around anymore and they didn't give us sail and sign cards way back then, so we couldn't send a copy of that. We did scan a gangway photo taken by ship's photographer as we were disembarking at a port. It shows a banner with the ship's name, hanging on the handrail. Emailed that, with a description of the itinerary and dates, plus a copy of the Carnival Fun Times (now it is called the Carnival Capers, I believe). Hoping to hear back from them soon.

I added 8 to hubby fro 1980's in 2006 using embarkation pictures.

and 7 to Brother In Law using the same embarkation pictures last year....

that was when they were single and would cruise together.

We were able to add our 83 Festivale cruise with an embarkation picture and copy of photo id, but not our 84 cruise because we just didn't have any proof.

What is weird for us though is that prior to the VIFP program the Festivale cruise showed up on our cruise history but didn't include our cabin number or Eastern Caribbean info, just that it included the 7 days.

Now our history has the 7 days added into our total, but no longer has an entry for the 83 Festivale voyage.

Archived