B2B Questions

Does anyone know where the B2B waiting area on the Jewel is? Is the special lunch served in the Main Dining Room or somewhere else?

Also, will our cabin door be left closed during the time we are away from our cabins. Wondering if we'll need to remove valuables from the safe and take them with us during the turnaround time.

Your stateroom door and safe should remain closed, however I always remind the stateroom attendant that we are B2B guests and to please keep the stateroom door closed.

Does anyone know where the B2B waiting area on the Jewel is? Is the special lunch served in the Main Dining Room or somewhere else?

Also, will our cabin door be left closed during the time we are away from our cabins. Wondering if we'll need to remove valuables from the safe and take them with us during the turnaround time.

Hi. When we had our B2B on Jewel, we were invited to a meeting in one of the lounges and all the questions were answered. There will be a letter in your cabin advising you of the specific procedure, not to worry.

If there is a lunch for you, it will be in a section of the MDR as it is closed to everyone else. Again, details will follow.

On turnaround day, we gave our cabin steward the morning off. We kept our same cabin, so we just told him to bypass us and carry on, since we know how busy this day is for housekeeping. He was very appreciative. We put our Do Not Disturb card in the slot, and kept the door closed and locked. He came in that night for regular turndown service.

My DW and I are taking our first B2B next year and have a question. We were unable to get the same room for both cruises and our TA ended up getting us a room on a floor above the room we have for the second cruise. I know that if you stay in the same room you dont have to pack and if you are in a room near the other room the steward will move your hanging clothing. Is that restricted to being on the same floor or will they move it down one floor?

Just wondering if anyone else has faced this question.

Mike

My DW and I are taking our first B2B next year and have a question. We were unable to get the same room for both cruises and our TA ended up getting us a room on a floor above the room we have for the second cruise. I know that if you stay in the same room you dont have to pack and if you are in a room near the other room the steward will move your hanging clothing. Is that restricted to being on the same floor or will they move it down one floor?

Mike

I've not heard of a restriction that you have to stay on the same deck to have the room steward move your hanging clothing. This is also the kind of thing that can vary ship to ship. I'd speak to both room stewards during the first cruise and ask how they handle the situation.

Mike

Mike, you will still have to put your loose items into your suitcases. Things on hangers will be moved as they are. It doesn't matter if you are next door, up or down a floor or up or down the hall.:D

I would suggest that mid-way through the first cruise, you find your cabin attendant for the second cruise, introduce yourself and let them know what cabin you will be moving too. Might be that they can get that particular cabin cleaned up prior to your moving in.

Our first leg of the B2B is from Rome to Barcelona and then the second leg is a TA to Galveston. Can we get off the ship in Barcelona and bring on 2 bottles of wine then or do we need to bring on 4 to start? I'd prefer to get some Italian wine and some Spanish wine.
Unless it has changed in the last few years there is a store selling alcohol on the pier in Barcelona after the security inspection [ie no further check when you get on the ship]. This is the only place I have seen this set up. At least in the past you could get pretty much whatever you wanted and carry it onto the ship. Of course this loop hole may have been closed. Anyone with current info? [i do have a cruise out of Barcelona in 2014]

Thom

Archived