B2B Questions

1. On previous RCI cruises we had a punch card for specialty coffees and if you got 10 punches you got a free one, like a lot of coffee places. Is this still happening and if you're on B2B can it carry over.

2. If one purchases a wine package for a number of bottles, can it be used on different legs of a B2B.

3. If we stay in the same room we don't have to pack in between, right? So we can just chill and feel lucky and stuff?

4. Do we get new coupons for each leg of the B2B? We are Diamond level so we assume coupons still happen.

This our first B2B experience and we're feeling super fortunate and excited!

Tom

2. If one purchases a wine package for a number of bottles, can it be used on different legs of a B2B.

Tom

When purchasing a wine package, any unused bottles can be carried over to the next cruise. Just advise your Head Waiter and they will hold the bottles for you.

1. On previous RCI cruises we had a punch card for specialty coffees and if you got 10 punches you got a free one, like a lot of coffee places. Is this still happening and if you're on B2B can it carry over.

3. If we stay in the same room we don't have to pack in between, right? So we can just chill and feel lucky and stuff?

4. Do we get new coupons for each leg of the B2B? We are Diamond level so we assume coupons still happen.

Tom

Tom, I don't think that RC ever had #1. Princess does or did, but not RC. Unless you are talking more than a dozen years ago. :eek:

Tom

The answer to #1 is yes. We were on Brilliance B2B last year.

Tom

You should feel really excited. A B2B is wonderful! You have good answers so I just wanted to say ... About the turnover day: near the end of your first half you will likely get a letter from Guest Services telling you how the turnover will work. There may even be a meeting on the last day of your first cruise to discuss procedures. Be sure to attend. It will not take long and it will help you have a very easy day. On some ships there is even a special lunch in the MDR for B2Bers. Enjoy! :)

I learned something new today!

:)

I think that is why we keep coming back! We all do. On any given cruise everything we know about a subject may be OBE! (Overcome by events) :D

I've always read the post when I see your screen name, thanks!

When purchasing a wine package, any unused bottles can be carried over to the next cruise. Just advise your Head Waiter and they will hold the bottles for you.

Just to clarify, you must actually purchase all remaining bottles on the last night and make arrangements for them to be held with your cabin number. On one b2b, we were asked to take them to our cabin on the last night and bring them back on the first night of the second leg.

They have to clear the books for the first leg and if you haven't ordered them and had your account zeroed out, it won't be active on the second leg and you won't be able to get them.

Just to clarify, you must actually purchase all remaining bottles on the last night and make arrangements for them to be held with your cabin number. On one b2b, we were asked to take them to our cabin on the last night and bring them back on the first night of the second leg.

They have to clear the books for the first leg and if you haven't ordered them and had your account zeroed out, it won't be active on the second leg and you won't be able to get them.

Depends on the ship.

Anyone know about bringing on the two bottles of wine for the second cruise. Do we have to get off and go get two more bottles? If we leave them in the car in the heat I am afraid we might have vinegar! To get off, drive and get more is too much hassle. Maybe I am answering my own question and we should just forget it.

Last back to back was 10 years ago. We enjoyed turn around day and having the pool area to ourselves for a couple of hours.

Anyone know about bringing on the two bottles of wine for the second cruise. Do we have to get off and go get two more bottles? If we leave them in the car in the heat I am afraid we might have vinegar! To get off, drive and get more is too much hassle. Maybe I am answering my own question and we should just forget it.

Last back to back was 10 years ago. We enjoyed turn around day and having the pool area to ourselves for a couple of hours.

The real answer is that you identify yourselves as Consecutive Cruisers, and they will take two bottles and give them to you for the second cruise.

The TRUE answer is that you should each carry two, and you are highly unlikely to be stopped.

Here's RCL's answer:

Can I bring 4 bottles of wine if I'm on a back to back cruise - Royal Caribbean International A: Yes.

We did a B2B in Late August into September on Grandeur out of Baltimore. For the wine, we each brought 2 bottles in our carryons, expecting 2 to be taken for the second cruise. They did not check to see what cabins people with wine in their carryons were in. We were able to bring the 2 bottles each into the cabin for the first leg of the cruise. We put 2 away for the second leg out of sight in case the cabin steward would report that we had more than 2. We ended up bringing screw tops wines, so we did not need a corkscrew. The cabin steward gave us clean wine glasses when he saw that we had used the wine glasses.

Mary Anne

Actually, THIS is what the website says:

Food & Beverage

Print This Page

Q: Can I bring 4 bottles of wine if I'm on a back to back cruise?

A: Yes. The two additional bottles of wine will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the first day of the second cruise.

:)

(I'm not sure why you truncated the website's answer.)

Our first leg of the B2B is from Rome to Barcelona and then the second leg is a TA to Galveston. Can we get off the ship in Barcelona and bring on 2 bottles of wine then or do we need to bring on 4 to start? I'd prefer to get some Italian wine and some Spanish wine.

Our first leg of the B2B is from Rome to Barcelona and then the second leg is a TA to Galveston. Can we get off the ship in Barcelona and bring on 2 bottles of wine then or do we need to bring on 4 to start? I'd prefer to get some Italian wine and some Spanish wine.

You should be able to bring on 2 bottles during the period they are letting on new cruisers for the TA in Barcelona.

Could be ship specific - we've cruised mostly on Radiance class which has Cafe Latte-tudes, and have always had the punch card during our cruises.

It absolutely is ship-specific, as mentioned. The coffee cards have 6 purchases to punch and the 7th one is free, if I recall. It's definitely not 10, that's too many - I remember thinking I could actually get to 6 but probably not to 10. ;):D

Are the specialty coffees good?

I ask because I sailed on a HAL ship in June and happily bought my first Latte, expecting to buy my usual one a day, and it was terrible. :mad:

Never went back. Made do with their very mediocre regular free coffee.

Sailing on the Jewel of the Seas.

Are the specialty coffees good? ...Sailing on the Jewel of the Seas.

Specific to Jewel (our most recent cruise), I felt the regular coffee was not good hence my purchasing a few Americanos at Latté-tudes; I should have just bought drip, brewed coffee there and called it a day. :D I never bought a cappuccino or latté but I saw many passengers and staff buying them. :)

Also on turn a round day you may or may not have access to your cabin for a few hours while they do cleaning and inspections. We have experienced both...some of the housekeeping supervisors overseeing the turnaround day may or may not know who you are. Some do as they see you in the halls etc..but we were told this past trip at our meeting we would not have access for three hours...so we didn't mind as we were off the ship. They did tell us that after our luncheon we would be allowed back in before the new passengers by showing our transit cards..but that didn't affect us.

Never have seen coffee cards in all of our cruises...interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where the B2B waiting area on the Jewel is? Is the special lunch served in the Main Dining Room or somewhere else?

Also, will our cabin door be left closed during the time we are away from our cabins. Wondering if we'll need to remove valuables from the safe and take them with us during the turnaround time.

Archived