Comedy Brunch

DolfanNY

The only extra fees you will pay for on the ship are the specialty restaurants during certain times. For instance if your ship has a Cucina del Capitano then it's a free pasta restaurant at lunch but is a reservation restaurant in the evening with a $12 upcharge.

The Fun Times has a section called "All Kinds of Deliciousness" that lists the opening and closing times of all the different food venues. If there is a + sign beside the name of the restaurant then there will be a charge.

Just got off the Magic and sat thru a couple of breakfasts with the comedians. 2 jokes and it was over. We all looked at each other and said that's it? Probably a good thing to cancel this since there is no entertainment value with a 2 minute show.

Just got off the Magic and sat thru a couple of breakfasts with the comedians. 2 jokes and it was over. We all looked at each other and said that's it? Probably a good thing to cancel this since there is no entertainment value with a 2 minute show.

"Like" button :D - We "lived" off the MDR for 6 out 8 breakfast/brunch on the Splendor last month and couldn't agree more and I just commented on a related thread that "... and if your brunch lasted over an hour, it will be a repeat of what you heard"

We're introduced to at least 2 different comedian and all of them used the same story/punchlines - the last one we heard wasn't not funny at all as it came off as if he has reading off a script as a robo-comedian.

The comedy brunch was bound to fail. Stand-up comedy is great at night, when your belly is full of food and your brain is full of booze. But it falls flat on its face in the morning, when people are hungry, hung over, cranky, and need a big cup of coffee before they're able to laugh at anything. I'm sure the comedian took things too far with heckling the audience on few occasions. That kind of stuff would probably be well-received in a typical late-night comedy setting. Typical brunch setting, not so much.

We still had the comedy routine with our brunch last week on the Conquest. We got there at 9:00am and were out before the comedy routines started. FYI people will start forming a line outside the dining room before it opens in the morning, and the line can get long.

Yep, I agree with 95% of the comments above. The Brunch isn't all that great, and the COMEDY Brunch really sucks. We still had it aboard "Breeze" a couple of weeks ago, but as I understand it, it's gone on all the ships now. No big loss.

By the way,,,don't bother trying the "Funny French Toast". It REALLY sucks! I think the same guy who thought up the "Comedy Brunch", thought up the "Funny French Toast". :eek:

"SKY"

We're on the Conquest now, as of yesterday, they still had comedians at the brunch.

We're starting our second leg of our B2B today, we'd be pleased not to have the interruption. We were having a good time with CC friends in the brunch and we managed to get our conversation stopped twice.

There are no new items on the menu from the original menus that have been posted. The brunch began at 9:00 if you come later, there are no lines. We went three times last week and liked the menu.

I understand the original start time was 9:30 and is being changed to 8:30. Maybe the Conquest is easing into the new schedule. :)

Archived