GAPearl's Big BREEZE Review! 8 Day Southern Itinerary 9/28/13.

gapearl

We packed up and headed back to the port area for a little shopping. I think we were back here by 1ish. If you're making a stop to Curacao, book Irie Tours. You'll love it!

6fdd80d6-8229-40f5-a6f3-ae6857fd6fbf_zps0c05968f.jpg

CC member alfthecruiser_1 and his wife. They were by far the cutest couple on the ship! Hey Al and Gayle! :D

7ed56b46-7d9d-413f-a30e-ad7403968c3a_zps103ef46d.jpg

104989cc-4d8b-4049-b2fb-f39823396d0d_zps2e0c4239.jpg

bf46193b-19b3-465a-a5f9-1a9e783a707a_zps085eca29.jpg

d56de27f-e75d-44b8-a188-2eda4dfedcbc_zpsf0f78686.jpg

The day in Curacao with Ariel, Sylvian, Bob, Dennis, and Sadira, the cura and samba buses, was the best climax to any last tour anyone could have on any cruise. Hopefully with this group will one day do again. Be naughtier next time..

Cloud 9 Spa area.

78be4017-d0e3-4c8a-aa11-ae304893cb3c_zpsf8832dc1.jpg

ba4c4c6a-8d62-4985-977b-e23e1a5eb622_zps4dac03db.jpg

26976b7e-01eb-40a6-8d5f-3aa9f07e694a_zpsa727579c.jpg

One of the steam rooms before the steam came.

9166f69e-c321-465c-a2b7-a3682dfaef3e_zps2e6d8cfb.jpg

7e0d91b0-1a62-47f7-b4c4-d32d36c8ec73_zps04a97d1e.jpg

Thalassotherapy pool.

cec22855-36d8-446c-a8f3-9cfb4c77ac54_zpsa0dbc2ed.jpg

Is it true there are day passes that can be purchased for the spa and pools? I don't want to have a weeks worth of spa treatment, but thought it would be nice to treat myself to one day of the spa and other little things that come with it (not the treatments, just the access to the spa and pools).

:)

Believe it or not, my every day life is REALLY BORING! All those dresses typically get worn once, maybe twice, and just stay there in my closet looking pretty. If I'm not working, my Friday and Saturday nights are spent on my couch. I don't have many single friends, and it's hard to coordinate schedules with the few I do have. I haven't seriously dated anyone in a long time (close to 3 years). My every day life is honestly work, gym, church, Publix, repeat, with an occasional movie maybe once a month. The nightlife on the ship is one reason why I LOVE cruises so much. I get to have a nice dinner, see a comedy show, listen to music, dance a bit, have a drink, and enjoy the company of a few new friends. The 50 weeks a year that I'm not on vacation aren't even remotely close to the excitement you see in my reviews. Well, with the exception of an occasional Vegas layover. :D

I'm single! ..and close and usually free on the weekend or week night if you want company to a movie or happy hour or dancing or whatever ....and I just need a reason to get dressed up! LOL

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your allergies...I have 4 new babies!! LOL

I think you are so right on about the Limelight and the Piano Bar. It really creates a traffic jam and if you are at the Piano Bar it is very distracting.

The arcade is huge, I am glad I took the time to find. I didn't play any games but I am sure some really love it.

The production shows on the Breeze were the first time I had ever left a show on a ship, they were horrible. My sister couldn't take the lights, she thought she would get a migraine from them.

G does dress nice;)

Still enjoying your review!

That traffic after the comedy was a mess every night! The arcade was kind of hidden and easy to miss. I didn't play either but it looked like fun. They must do something about the shows. I haven't read a review yet where someone actually enjoyed them. And yes he does, huh? LOL

Hi! I'm only about halfway through your report, but thought I would comment while I'm taking a break. :)

First a couple of thanks. My mom is a nine-year breast cancer survivor so thank you very much for your previous fundraising effort and run, and also thank you for doing this report in pink! Great idea!

Another word of thanks for the pictures of the ValuJet Memorial in the Everglades. I was a student at University of Miami at the time and knew a handful of people who were on that flight. Not sure I will ever go visit the memorial myself as the memories are painful, but it is so nice to see. Thank you for taking the time to visit, taking pictures, and posting them.

Now, on with the report (that I have been through so far!)! You may have already spilled the beans, but I so cannot wait to see if 'G' is the one! (By the teaser in your signature, I'm kind of guessing the outcome already!)

We were supposed to visit Grand Turk during a Princess cruise this past Spring, but unfortunately sailed just one week to it opening back up after being closed for a short period of time. Was really bummed about that, and even more so now after reading your report. We are museum buffs (love all the little ones in Key West), and that would have been right up our alley. And I'm dying to visit Jack's Shack. Guess we need to make plans for another cruise. (And if you have pics posted further along of the Breeze's atrium and such, I might just be willing to sail on her!)

I am so glad the DR excursion all worked out in the end. I was nearly in tears just reading about it. What a nightmare! The excursion itself though looked awesome, and it seems all worked out beautifully in the end. That's the main thing.

That's where I left off...will comment as I continue on later this evening. :)

Hi! Thank you for so many kind words! Congratulations to your mother. I'm thinking about running a full marathon next year to raise money again. It's definitely a thought. I'm so sorry for your losses on that plane crash. Coincidentally, I talked to a lady last week whose husband is a pilot and was supposed to work that flight! It was his usual route but he traded the trip. All these years later, he still carries guilt. It just wasn't his time. Hopefully you'll get to Grand Turk one day. Go there on the Breeze! :) I have no idea if G is the one yet. Only God knows, but he could be! Thanks for reading and taking the time to post the nice comments!

All your talk about cruising got me looking into another cruise for next year. right now I am thinking royal Caribbean because it would not require as much travel and logistical planning seeing as I plan on going doing this journey solo.. but one may never know.. things can change between now and my anticipated date of sail... May 22, 2014!!!!

You should! Look into the Carnival Splendor as well from New York, or the Carnival Pride from Baltimore. Nothing wrong with a solo cruise! That's usually how I roll! :)

Thank you for taking a picture of the height requirement for the slides. We were so worried it would be 48 inches and our daughter is about 47 and a half. So excited to see its only 42!

You're welcome! Hope she has fun!

love love love reading your review! Look forward to the rest of your exciting adventure. You have a beautiful smile :)

Thank you, thank you, and thank you! :)

I'm leaving on the Breeze this Saturday and I will DEFINITELY try this. I also want to try the Bushwacker, Twilight Zone and The Cruiser. Hope I can walk straight. Oh, and in honor of your review, "drumroll please" the Martini Tasting!!!

Golly I didn't try any of those other drinks you named! I hear the Bushwacker will knock you on your backside! Enjoy the martini tasting, and be sure you try the blue one! And have a GREAT cruise! :D

Great tease!!!

:)

Great review (as usual). We had Happy Cole on the Valor, and he is very funny.

Hi Megan! Thanks for coming to read again! Happy Cole is definitely one of Carnival's best comedians.

I will def admit that I keep standing under that drench bucket in Waterworks. LOVED it! I never got to go down the slides or do the rope course (DH & DS did) but I will definitely do so on our next cruise.

Oh I stood under the drench bucket a few times! I moved from place to place, trying to see where I could get drenched the best! :D

During my cruise on the Spirit to Mexico, the weather was fairly cool since it's the Pacific, and everyone was crowding into the hot tubs, which were not very warm at all, maybe 80-85 degrees? Later on I got into the pool, since there was no one in it (they were all in the "hot" tub) and it was roasting. I think they did get it backwards, but I didn't tell anyone since I had the best spot :D

back pool on The Breeze was cool the first day or 2 on the cruise. After that it was warmer than bathwater. They should do something about that.

LOL That was a smart move for you Wings34! I had read a few reviews before my cruise with reports that the pool was warm, but gheez! I wasn't expecting a bathtub! :eek:

I can't BELIEVE you missed the chocolate melting cake on the last night!!!

Me either! :eek:

Patiently waiting for the end.............

Coming soon! :D

Really enjoying your review. Going on the

Breeze 12/15/13. Can't wait.

Can you tell me what you use to post your pictures?

I used to use Photobucket, but they have changed

everything, to the point it now sucks to use.

When you click on your picture on photobucket, you will see "links to share this photo" with four options. Click on the last option, IMG. That will copy the link and then paste it in your review. I go through and resize all of my pictures before posting, because they're very big when I first upload. Hope this helps! Have a great cruise! :)

Hi Kim!

You're the reason I own a white bikini (you had one on in a previous review and told me where I could find it) and my husband orders two ice creams with his warm melting chocolate cake. LOL!! Great job on the review....I think you may have me sold on a Carnival return. I swore them off after my last two cruises!!:p

The day in Curacao with Ariel, Sylvian, Bob, Dennis, and Sadira, the cura and samba buses, was the best climax to any last tour anyone could have on any cruise. Hopefully with this group will one day do again. Be naughtier next time..

Such an awesome day! I don't think it's possible for you to get any naughtier. LOL :D Do you know if Irie finished our video yet?

Kim, still loving your review. I wish that I had done the Thrill Theater. About how long was each showing?

Thanks! Each movie was 15-20 minutes. I saw them all except Sponge Bob.

Love the review but please finish before we leave in a month. Inquiring minds want to know. Now you have me wanting to go out and shop for more dresses....so unlike me!

I'll be finished this week. A cruise is the perfect reason to go shopping. Go buy a new dress or eight and have a great time on your cruise next month! :D

Is it true there are day passes that can be purchased for the spa and pools? I don't want to have a weeks worth of spa treatment, but thought it would be nice to treat myself to one day of the spa and other little things that come with it (not the treatments, just the access to the spa and pools).

I'm actually not sure about a day pass. I think I've seen it circulate around here at some point that there are day passes. I only remember seeing the weekly pass advertised, though. Maybe someone else can help me out here.

So glad you were able to share with us a wonderful picture of the "Mysterious G". However, he's missing his ears, nose, eyebrows...(hahaha).

Oops! I guess I forgot to draw those. LOL

You should write a book of small short stories .. You have us all hanging haha .. This is the first time I've read your post and I'm definitely hooked !

That's a thought! I'm hoping that Carnival will give me a year of free cruises so I can come back and write all about them. :D Thanks for reading!

I'm single! ..and close and usually free on the weekend or week night if you want company to a movie or happy hour or dancing or whatever ....and I just need a reason to get dressed up! LOL

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your allergies...I have 4 new babies!! LOL

I know we do need to go hang out again when you get back from your cruise! :D

I was really thinking about taking one of your babies. Then I went to stay at my friend Jackie's and she has a cat. Within 30 minutes of arriving at her house, my chest was tightening, I couldn't breathe, I had to pull out my inhaler and take a Zyrtec. Same thing happened 2 years ago when I went to my friend Erin's, only I had to go have two breathing treatments when I left her place! :eek: Nope, no cat for me. LOL

All I can say is. Girl you rock!!!!!

Thanks! I try! :D

Hi Kim!

You're the reason I own a white bikini (you had one on in a previous review and told me where I could find it) and my husband orders two ice creams with his warm melting chocolate cake. LOL!! Great job on the review....I think you may have me sold on a Carnival return. I swore them off after my last two cruises!!:p

LOL I love it! You see I found another white bikini for this cruise too. So glad you're reading! Give the Breeze a chance girl! :)

Loving your review, loved the Valor review, we finally leave a week from Saturday for San Juan and the Valor on 11/3.

Thanks Benji! You've had to wait that long since my last review for your cruise? LOL Well enjoy it! Awesome ship and itinerary!

When I read it was your last day, I had the same feeling that I get when it is my last day on a cruise! :(

I will miss reading the review. I am constantly checking to see if more is written. Enjoying it Soo much!

We leave in 18 days!:). Do you know if the pool in the back of the ship is adults only? We have a 12 year old.

When I read it was your last day, I had the same feeling that I get when it is my last day on a cruise! :(

I will miss reading the review. I am constantly checking to see if more is written. Enjoying it Soo much!

We leave in 18 days!:). Do you know if the pool in the back of the ship is adults only? We have a 12 year old.

I second that!

As I've said before, great job GAPearl!!:)

Looking forward to your next review already!

I so appreciate those that take the time to write detailed photo reviews.

Thanks again and please continue to regale us with your travel adventures!!:)

I just found my spa menu. It's $20 for a day pass, so you'll be able to enjoy for not too much money! :)

Awwww thank you so much! I love taking you guys along on my journeys with me! I think the aft pool is adult only. Now that I think about it, I never saw any kids out there. Have a blast in 18 days! :D

I second that!

As I've said before, great job GAPearl!!:)

Looking forward to your next review already!

I so appreciate those that take the time to write detailed photo reviews.

Thanks again and please continue to regale us with your travel adventures!!:)

Thank you! Maybe I'll do a "LIVE" review next time to shake thing up a little.