Arcadia Obstructed OV or Large inside?

gojocruise

Hi,

Booked a large inside on deck G midship but have the chance to change it to an Obstructed OV on deck E.

Is it worth changing? Has anyone had both types of room? Which did you prefer?

Inside seems very roomy? Are the ov's long and narrow? with the extra space in the bathroom as they have a bath??

I have sailed in a large inside and been in to an o/v for a look! There was probably more floor space in the large inside. The o/v has a large floor to ceiling window which lets in lots of light. So I guess the decision is whether you prefer more space or light! :).

We have been a bit prejudiced against inside cabins ever we had an experience in one which was very noisy - lots of 'system' noises going on just behind our heads when we in bed. (This wasn't on P&O.) Ever since then we've gone for balcony cabins where reasonable, or outsides where balconies were too expensive. We are booked on cruise J422 on Arcadia, Christmas 2014, and for that one we have chosen an obstructed OV cabin on E deck. We specifically chose this rather than the lower non-obstructed outside cabins because we believe it will be quiet - there are just shops below us, and cabins above and to either side. As far as size is concerned, we believe these cabins are the same size as the regular balcony cabins, and we're happy with that.

I think the problem with inside cabins, for us, is that we can't work our how noisy they might be. There is often white space shown on the deck plans between or behind them, and you don't know what's going on in that white space. It might be silent - electrical cable ducts, for example - or it might be noisy - ventilation and plumbing feeds.

Edited by tom_uk

We have not long been back from an OV cabin on Arcadia E deck. No complaintss at all, however on certain cabins, ours included the crew had drills to do immediately outside the window when raising and lowering the tenders at ports where they were required. No great problem as long as you remember to close the curtains if having a shower.

The cabin was large enough for us and plenty of room in the bathroom.

I personally would not hesitate to go OV again

• 2 months later...

We had an Obstructed view cabin on E deck last year on Arcadia, Sydney to Southampton and again next year on Arcadia in the Med - J402. Those cabins do have a small bath and shower plus the full floor to ceiling (almost) windows. They also have a sofa to sit on. We have a partial obstructed view - E98. They are good value and midships.

Edited by NSWP

Thanks that's great, we have booked E 97 which is exactly opposite yours so really happy if it will have a bath. E98 and E 97 have the clearest view when you look on p&o site info where it shows you each obstructed cabin on E deck and the exact view from each window. Must be ok if you have booked one again! Thanks :-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Thanks that's great, we have booked E 97 which is exactly opposite yours so really happy if it will have a bath. E98 and E 97 have the clearest view when you look on p&o site info where it shows you each obstructed cabin on E deck and the exact view from each window. Must be ok if you have booked one again! Thanks :-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

No worries, you are welcome, yes I have seen the pics of E97 and E98, good location too.

Enjoy your cruise and Merry Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...