MUST HAVE foods on Princess

vent1020

Another vote for the Pizza. The first thing that I eat on every Princess cruise is a slice around the pool. As everyone is running for the buffet or the MDR for lunch during embarkation, DW is grabbing the special drink from the first server with a tray, and I am eating that pizza....

Then we go graze the buffet...

Enjoy!

Paul

Tiramisu at the IC, among the best I've had.

Their yogurt granola parfait makes a good light breakfast or second-breakfast (for us Hobbits).

I googled the recipe for the chicken salad, and it came out pretty darn good. This is not health food! But worth it for a treat.

I've only sailed one cruise, but I didn't see this listed and it was my favorite thing all week. I ordered it for appetizer and then asked for more with my meal. I'd have asked for thirds but that seemed gluttonous. :D

Watermelon Feta salad -- watermelon, feta, pumpkin seeds, olive oil. Sounds weird but sooooo good.

If your ship has Alfredo's and you like pizza, I'd run over there! When we boarded the Sapphire on our last cruise, we headed over there soon after we boarded and to my surprise, there was only 1 other couple there. We ate there several times...also I vote for that creme brulee and their souffles.

Prawns in the MDR are good too!

Last spring I had the pasta with clam sauce - think it was actually an appetizer but I ordered it for dinner. It was outstanding! Also just found out (after 8 Princess cruises) that the IC has a small cheeseplate - we had being going to the buffet and making one for our balcony wine afternoons - the one at the IC was super. Enjoy!!!!

Hi,

1 more vote for the peanut butter/chocolate ice cream @the IC!! black and blue soup, escargot

MY husband loved the sorbets as the changed the flavored every night and it didn't fill him up.

My favorite dessert is found in the Horizon court , the fruit tart -YUM YUM:o. I think the desserts in the MDR are good but the Horizon court and IC give you more different choices each night & day:D.

you can also get warm fresh cookies to take to your room or to the pool from the horizon court

I love the different kinds of creme brulee on board, particularly the espresso creme brulee in Sabattini's. I was thrilled when they added the regular variety to the always available menu too. :)

I go to Sabattini's just for that! (espresso creme brulee)

Appetizers:

Goat Cheese Souffle (that's vote #3 for it on this thread, so you know you've gotta try it!)

Eggplant Parmiagiana

Salad:

the Always-Available Caesar with anchovies

Pasta:

bowtie w/veal mushroom ragout

Desserts:

Love Boat Dream (it's iconic)

Key Lime Pie

Gingerbread Souffle (only on Christmas cruises, but worth sailing at Christmas just to have it. Seriously.)

Other:

the salad bar in the Horizon Court for lunch

We're sailing on the Island Princess in 13 days....I don't believe she has an IC...do you know if the amazing IC things you're all mentioning are available anywhere else, or are we going to have to book another cruise on a ship with an IC to try them out?

We're sailing on the Island Princess in 13 days....I don't believe she has an IC...do you know if the amazing IC things you're all mentioning are available anywhere else, or are we going to have to book another cruise on a ship with an IC to try them out?

You'll have to book another cruise -- no IC on the Island yet. I sailed the Coral before hers was added, and I thought then/still think she's the best ship in the fleet. And I already knew how good the chicken salad tasted, and I still didn't miss it, that's how much I loved that ship!

Hi

We were on the island for a back to back in September. There is no IC it is the Patisserie we enjoyed many fine coffees there, bought a coffee card which really works for us. It can be very busy but worth the wait. There is not room for the display cabinets and therefore the food is not available, nor did we find it somewhere else. They put out morning muffins and Danish , lunch small buns with filling and I never was there at supper. Even if you cannot find what is available at the IC on other ships you will find lots of wonderful selections in the buffet. The chef on this ship was one of the best we have had on Princess, not that I really remember a bad meal, even after 19 cruises. I am very partial to sweets and their deserts were wonderful. There ice cream and sorbets are great, made on the ship creamy and full of flavor. Dinner rolls are just they way they should be crusty outside soft inside and sometimes warm (if they just came out of the oven, especially at lunch in the dinning room) with lots of butter. Hope this bit of info helps, have a wonderful cruise.

Going on the golden this week to celebrate my Halloween bday a little early . . .so excited !!

haven't been on a Princess cruise for 5+ years. . Which restaurants are n/c and which charge a surcharge?

IC is no charge, how about Sabatinis and Crown grill . . .what is else is there besides the MDR and the buffet?

I don't care what diet one may be on - the food not to miss is the dinner roll with butter. Awesome, and consistently good across the Princess fleet.

Agree - the bread on Princess is the best on any cruiseline - that basket on the table is just tooooo tempting. Hate those cruiselines where they hand out the bread to you :(

Agree - the bread on Princess is the best on any cruiseline - that basket on the table is just tooooo tempting. Hate those cruiselines where they hand out the bread to you :(

I agree with that also. I stopped eating bread about 2 years ago, but no-one is coming between me and Princess bread rolls. There is no way I can give them up!

Archived