HAL Brochures

kelelmel

What does it take to get a brochure from HAL? I requested one about 6 weeks ago and have since booked my cruise, I couldn't wait. Anyone else experience this? Should I make another request?

~Kelly

I recently went to a few travel agents to pick up some HAL brochures for 2006 and was shocked that none of them had any except for a "trip planner" for all destinations. Maybe they have too much business!

Why do you need a brochure?

There is so much info on the web - both the HAL site (when it works) - and others like this that the brochure is next to useless.

There isn't enough room in a brochure to give all the information that consumers want these days.

What does it take to get a brochure from HAL? I requested one about 6 weeks ago and have since booked my cruise, I couldn't wait. Anyone else experience this? Should I make another request?

~Kelly

I requested some three months ago and have received nothing!

Since they're working on 2006 brochures, I would imagine that they are waiting to send you one of the new ones. I like looking through them, even though the info is on the website. Just like my newspaper. It's online, but I enjoy sitting and reading through it. Yes, the brochure prices are only a reference, but they give you a quick way to compare pricing of various cabin categories and doing some mental math to approximate what your TA will quote you.

The 2006 cruise planner isn't accurate for some cruises.

Veendam - fall - goes to Montego Bay instead of Ocho Rios.

Ryndam - Alaska - goes to Haines instead of Sitka.

Statendam - Alaska - goes to Kechikan instead of Sitka.

And those are just some of the changes that I have found.

Web site is more up todate.

I still enjoy browsing brochures, even though I know I can get much of the info on HAL's website and others. (I like to compare the "beautiful people" in the brochures to those we see on board.)

Our local AAA office generally has a rack of brochures, including HAL's. I never book through AAA, just take a brochure or two to whet my appetite.

You can download an "e-brochure" from HAL's site that is the same thing that is in print! I have done this -and it was the same as the printed one i already had.

Betty

I requested and received a HAL Europe brochure within 10 days. Maybe certain areas have limited supply. Or maybe putting the Mariner number in the request helped.

I like the printed glossy color version because:

A) My printer is B/W and not very clear

B) My wife gets made when I make notes on the computer screen

C) I can change pages back and forth to compare itineraries faster with paper

D) No ethernet in the bathroom ;)

I just requested brochures from Celbrity, Radison (I can dream anyway) and Princess for comparison. I'll see how long those take. Don't care if they are 2005 - this is long range planning for 2007 anyway.

I always get a fresh supply of broshures from my travel agent when ever they are distributed by the cruise ship companies. I really enjoy them. She sends me any she thinks I might be interested in. They are lovely to look at and portable as well.

She has always told me there are lot's to spare. If they are not given to potential customers they are just thrown away. I would imagine you can just stop in at a travel agent's office and pick up all the brochures you want.

Linda

Hey there Kelly

I had the same problem 2 months ago when ordering from the website. Got my copy of the Carib/Mex/Pan 2005-2007 after making a phone call to Seattle.

Seems the ordering process on the website works, and doesn't work. Luck of the draw. Just call the number listed, and you'll get the books in 2 weeks. Worked for me!

I always like to have a copy of the Caribbean brochure because all of the various class ships are represented, and I like to have the deck plan laid out when I'm getting ready to book. It's annoying to me to have to call up one deck at a time on the websites and try to remember what is above and below and next to some of the cabins or to shuffle through several printed pages. Even though I've been on these ships before, when we start talking to the TAs about which rooms are available, it's nice to be able to just flip open the brochure and go from there.

The last time I requested a brochure from HAL, it took a looooong time to arrive.

I know everything I need and more is available on the internet and I have been using it. I do, however, like having the brochure for numerous reasons. For one thing I am on dial-up (UUGGGHH!! Possibly the only person left on the planet, I know!!) and accessing the internet can be laborious to begin with, never mind downloading. I also like the portability of the brochure. Once I book a cruise I usually carry a folder with all the pertinent information in it for easy access. Upon my return from the cruise I will often use pics. and info. from the brochure as part of my photo album for that particular trip.

I've considered stopping by a local TA and grabbing a brochure but felt that I would be misleading them by telling them I am interested in a cruise when I've already booked one.

Since Cruisin'Cris had to wait 5-6 weeks, maybe I will wait one more week to see if it comes and if not, then I will call them. I suppose I could always grab one when I am on the ship in April. :p

Archived