New Orleans?

Beth

There are many many boutique hotels in New Orleans that don't have big brands associated with them, I suggest you try those out. Most of the reviews on trip advisor are pretty accurate, but if someone complains about a room being small that is just the way these charming little hotels are. They usually have wonderful courtyards and excellent service and almost always include breakfast.

I have never stayed in a big name brand hotel in New Orleans, because I think they are doing real damage to the little tucked away hotels that have so much more charm and feel more like New Orleans.

The Hampton Inn on Carondelet St is nice, and like most or all Hampton Inns, it includes a breakfast bar. It's not gormet by any stretch, just cereals, a waffle maker, a selection of fruits and breads and some hot foods.

The Inn is about 2 blocks from the quarter, across Canal. The rooms are not quite as small as those in some French quarter hotels. Ours was quite acceptable, the room was updated and the common areas small but clean and attractive.

We stayed at Country Inn and Suites on Magazine St. last Christmas for a few days. We got a good rate online. The staff is very nice and the building is kind of interesting and has character. Breakfast is included and they have fresh cookies our at all times...added bonus!

• 1 month later...
There are many many boutique hotels in New Orleans that don't have big brands associated with them, I suggest you try those out. Most of the reviews on trip advisor are pretty accurate, but if someone complains about a room being small that is just the way these charming little hotels are. They usually have wonderful courtyards and excellent service and almost always include breakfast.

I have never stayed in a big name brand hotel in New Orleans, because I think they are doing real damage to the little tucked away hotels that have so much more charm and feel more like New Orleans.

Absolutely agree. Try Place D'Armes or Hotel Provincial. Both have a FANTASTIC location, steps away from Jackson Square.

In February we are staying at Bienville House, but I can't personally recommend it yet, as we've never stayed there before.

Ive found it frustrating looking for a hotel for our 06Jan2014 cruise. I guess I don't find the websites not trustworthy(hidden charges, rooms advertised as cheap not available and so on). tripadvisor showed a Hyatt room for 89/night for a Saturday and sunday. A hyatt that cheap?

GF did find a Super 8 NE of downtown for a good price at 59/night. Draw back is that its a car ride away from the FQ, and the morning of the cruise we are gonna park at the Fulton Place Parking garage(5/day roof top 11/day covered parking).

Sorry to rant.

Joyride37

Ive found it frustrating looking for a hotel for our 06Jan2014 cruise. I guess I don't find the websites not trustworthy(hidden charges, rooms advertised as cheap not available and so on). tripadvisor showed a Hyatt room for 89/night for a Saturday and sunday. A hyatt that cheap?

GF did find a Super 8 NE of downtown for a good price at 59/night. Draw back is that its a car ride away from the FQ, and the morning of the cruise we are gonna park at the Fulton Place Parking garage(5/day roof top 11/day covered parking).

Sorry to rant.

Joyride37

Prytania Park hotel has some availability during that time frame with standard queen rooms from $99/night. They don't have any trick rates or anything, and it's a block from St. Charles avenue so you can ride a streetcar to the Quarter. Don't use trip advisor or anyone else, just book direct on their website.

Prytania Park hotel has some availability during that time frame with standard queen rooms from $99/night. They don't have any trick rates or anything, and it's a block from St. Charles avenue so you can ride a streetcar to the Quarter. Don't use trip advisor or anyone else, just book direct on their website.

Thank you.

Joyride37

Hey, I thought we agreed in another thread to keep the Prytania under wraps. :D:D

I just can't help myself. I hate when people look on priceline and say there are no rooms, when I can find reasonably priced rooms in 10 minutes. I love small businesses and the service they can offer without the "same room in any city" feel that the big hotels provide.

I can't imagine going to France and staying in a motel 6, I feel the same way about New Orleans.

Place de armes, Prytania park, Olivier house and the Quarter house are all fine hotels that have non standard rooms in great parts of town.

I just can't help myself. I hate when people look on priceline and say there are no rooms, when I can find reasonably priced rooms in 10 minutes. I love small businesses and the service they can offer without the "same room in any city" feel that the big hotels provide.

I can't imagine going to France and staying in a motel 6, I feel the same way about New Orleans.

Place de armes, Prytania park, Olivier house and the Quarter house are all fine hotels that have non standard rooms in great parts of town.

We are big fans of the Quarter House..;)