1st time booking RCCL... no email confirmations?

Hi all, first time cruising with RCCL early next year and have reserved and made the initial deposit for the cruise.

I'm finding it strange that I got no confirmation of the reservation or receipt of payment through email from them?

Kinda weird for this day and age... Is this standard with them?

I normally forward emails to tripit.com to keep all my registrations and confirmations together in one spot & on my phone if I need them in a pinch.

I did have a coupon code and got a really weird/legalistic response that it was applied a few days later:

Thank you for using our Coupon Redemption Center.

We have received and applied your Royal Caribbean International coupon as requested.

Although we are not requesting the original offer at this time, we reserve the right to verify any offers presented. We reserve the right to decline any offer due to duplications or inconsistencies with the terms and conditions of the offer.

Once again, thank you for contacting us.

Regards,

Coupon Redemption Team

Royal Caribbean International

The whole thing I found a little weird/unsettling.

Edited by TheGambit

If you booked direct (phone call or website) with Royal, you should have received a booking confirmation email. Call Royal customer service and ask them to resend the booking confirmation.

Yes I did book direct (I also checked spam folders, etc..)

Thanks I'll ring them up.

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for Royal to have problems with email.

Edited by clarea

I booked a cruise on the RCCL website last week and received the same email as the OP but no confirmation. I can view my reservation on the RCCL website and I made some screen shots of the reservation so I have a hard copy. It's been a while since I booked with RCCL and thought maybe they were no longer sending confirmations via email. I will check with customer service as well.

Thanks,

Ryan

• 1 year later...

I purchsed a drink package last week and a character breakfast and have not recceived any e-mail confirmation for either one. I even called and they send they would send it and it sever arrived. I checked my spam and not there either ....

Every time I have booked online (for the actual cruise reservation, dining, drink packages etc.) I have gotten an email immediately. I guess if you can see your reservation online and it shows the correct amount due then I wouldn't worry about it. I would probably call and ask for a confirmation just in case though!

Although I have more options, I always use an AOL address for all things trip related.

A few years back I started having issues receiving confirmations for things other than my original booking; specialty restaurants, excursions, etc. When I contacted RCI regarding this problem, the response I got was "yes, we're aware of this problem, but our IT dept. can't figure out why it started or how to fix it. So, is there another email address other than AOL that you can give us?".:eek:

It is now a matter of principle - I WILL NOT give them an add'l address and I hope they'll eventually put together an IT dept. that DOES know what they're doing.

Okay, this rant over . . . for now.