Celebrating Wife's Birthday--Help!

goinsoon

My wife will be "celebrating", so to speak, a milestone birthday on our Hawaiin cruise. We plan to do the UBD on sail away from our last port which is her actual birth day. Does anyone know anything special I can ask from Princess?? I have looked at the celebrations section on the web site but none look to exciting. Just wondering if anyone has requested something that isn't the norm. No, I don't think I want a stripper (male) for her but............:D. Just looking for something unexpected. Thanks in advance!

Maybe a nice formal portrait? DH and I had the ship's photographer take our pictures on one of the formal nights. We now have a nice picture to commemorate my 50'th birthday.

Some ships have a portrait studio on board. You make a reservation (and I think it is free).

I have heard but don't know for sure...does Princess have a captain's table that he could invite you and your wife?

Would you like to do something in Honolulu since that is the longest port day? There are many places you could go to celebrate.

Which ship are you traveling on? If it is the Star, maybe you could "commission" Dave of Elua to write her a special Hawaiian song.

Find a sales person in Facets and have her start a wish list that you could surprise her with something from this list. Surprises, but no errors.

Do your homework before leaving home. There is a Maui Divers and NoHoku jewelry store on every island. Compare prices now. I was surprised that the ship had a better price than on shore. But stock is limited.

My wife will be "celebrating", so to speak, a milestone birthday on our Hawaiin cruise. We plan to do the UBD on sail away from our last port which is her actual birth day. Does anyone know anything special I can ask from Princess?? I have looked at the celebrations section on the web site but none look to exciting. Just wondering if anyone has requested something that isn't the norm. No, I don't think I want a stripper (male) for her but............:D. Just looking for something unexpected. Thanks in advance!
I pre-ordered some flowers for our cabin from Princess and it started off the birthday cruise as special from the time we got onboard. Cost was minimal.

Onboard we also talked with the Maitre'D and got a table for two on her birthday, and the wait staff treated her like a queen. Be sure to fill out the Special Request on the personalizer for a Birthday - that will get you balloons on the door, and a special dessert at dinner (with candle).

We are Elite, and now get high tea in our cabin/balcony free, but that also might be something out of the ordinary. My wife loves it!

The special photo is a good idea too - you could have one taken (even with your own camera during that UBD by the room service waiter as a memory of that special event.

We were in Nawiliwili around the time of our 30th anniversary, and one of the Princess excursions was a luau and wedding vow renewal (as a group). It became really special for us, and was a fun afternoon too.

If you let Princess know when you book (or your travel agent did on your behalf), then, about a month before you sail you will get an email advertising all their "celebration" packages - they range from about $50 to over $500. This is how it worked for us.

A relatively inexpensive (but possibly more meaningful) way to commemorate her birthday might be to buy a charm bracelet (or perhaps even a single charm if she already has a special bracelet). The boutiques carry a good selection. To celebrate my wife's 50th birthday on our cruise to Hawaii, I gave her a charm for every day of the cruise. That may seem to be a bit over the top, but for us it was the culmination of a yearlong process involving many surprises along the way, so I felt that she should experience more little surprises during the cruise itself.

But I think that the suggestion from Renee (cr8tiv1) to have Dave of Elua write her a special song is the best idea yet. Also, on our cruise the Platinum Portrait Studio was free. From what I heard, the portraits themselves are quite expensive, but likely worth the price (as they seek to capture the essence of the person within).

The suggestion of the vow renewal on the Nawiliwili day is also a good one, from what I heard.

Tim

A relatively inexpensive (but possibly more meaningful) way to commemorate her birthday might be to buy a charm bracelet (or perhaps even a single charm if she already has a special bracelet). The boutiques carry a good selection. To celebrate my wife's 50th birthday on our cruise to Hawaii, I gave her a charm for every day of the cruise. That may seem to be a bit over the top, but for us it was the culmination of a yearlong process involving many surprises along the way, so I felt that she should experience more little surprises during the cruise itself.

But I think that the suggestion from Renee (cr8tiv1) to have Dave of Elua write her a special song is the best idea yet. Also, on our cruise the Platinum Portrait Studio was free. From what I heard, the portraits themselves are quite expensive, but likely worth the price (as they seek to capture the essence of the person within).

The suggestion of the vow renewal on the Nawiliwili day is also a good one, from what I heard.

Tim

Tim, great idea and thanks. She has one of those Pandora bracelets that I have filled, a cruise only bracelet would be great ans she does love bracelets!

Thanks again for all the ideas! All are great! I may have to take out a loan to pay for this birthday surprise!!!!!!!!!

You could have her friends and loved ones write cards and notes eforeyou leave , and , while she is out of the cabin or in the shower, put them all over the cabin, so she goes from One nice warm taught to another in a birthday decorated cabin. Or keep them with you during the day and pop one at breakfast, one at the pool, one ... Well you get the idea.

Could be a treasure hunt day on a day at sea. Champagne breakfast with a coupon for a spa treat on that day. At the spa, when finished, she gets flowers with an invite to the gift shop. At the shop she gets.... to choose something or gets what you chose, in the bag is the reservation for the evening special dinner, and at dinner she gets the bunch of cards from loved ones and friends tied with a nice ribbon.

You could have her friends and loved ones write cards and notes eforeyou leave , and , while she is out of the cabin or in the shower, put them all over the cabin, so she goes from One nice warm taught to another in a birthday decorated cabin. Or keep them with you during the day and pop one at breakfast, one at the pool, one ... Well you get the idea.

Could be a treasure hunt day on a day at sea. Champagne breakfast with a coupon for a spa treat on that day. At the spa, when finished, she gets flowers with an invite to the gift shop. At the shop she gets.... to choose something or gets what you chose, in the bag is the reservation for the evening special dinner, and at dinner she gets the bunch of cards from loved ones and friends tied with a nice ribbon.

Super, thank you....I love creativity! Not my strong suit!:(

The charm braclet is the winner. Charms are available all over world.Go for sterling, more available, more affordable. Keep it to travel charms only to make it special.

Great idea also. We collect Christmas ornaments and I collect mugs from out travels. The charms would make her think of all our "limited" travel adventures so far. Thank you!

Archived