Singles to get Double Points

Another happy dancer here!

We are planning another family cruise late next year (we pay; they get to go), and my oldest son is a single cruiser. I have myself book in the single cabin, however, because we will be over 350 points, and I can get the reduced single rate. Now, I can get double points, too!!!

If he goes with us I will always book his cabin with either hubby or I in it. If we are paying, we get the points.

Thank you, Carol (and others).

Another happy dancer here!

We are planning another family cruise late next year (we pay; they get to go), and my oldest son is a single cruiser. I have myself book in the single cabin, however, because we will be over 350 points, and I can get the reduced single rate. Now, I can get double points, too!!!

If he goes with us I will always book his cabin with either hubby or I in it. If we are paying, we get the points.

Thank you, Carol (and others).

Where is the LIKE button?

Was on Brilliance as a single on the 9-22 sailing that was booked months ago and just checked. I got double points (14 points for a 7 night cruise). Looks like that Oct 3rd date is incorrect.

Now only need 5 points to be D+ !!

I think your points went into the system after Oct 3. That is the trigger it seems. Had your points been updated on Oct 2, I don't believe you'd have gotten the extra points.

Attack me; I can take it.

There are ongoing discussions on several different threads on Facebook, with people posting who have called Royal Caribbean and gotten verification.

No one else has the chutzpah to post here.

I do. :D

If you are sailing solo in a cabin built for two (not the single rooms on the new Quantum, I assume), you will receive two points per night sailed.

Sweet! :D:D:D It likely doesn't matter since the loyalty programs seem to require so many points to achieve anything significant. If it's true, I'll take it. :cool:

Sweet! :D:D:D It likely doesn't matter since the loyalty programs seem to require so many points to achieve anything significant. If it's true, I'll take it. :cool:

I'm pretty sure it has been established it is true....;)

Double points could keep prices higher than they have been for solo cruisers.

I certainly agree with this statement. There may be a lot fewer low single supplements. In fact the base price might be held up higher. Singles may end up paying more than they thought for the extra point.

At least the future bookings. Of course the ones already made are set.

Gina

I have friends and family in Charlestown and Westerly. Do you know the last name of Stenhouse by chance?

I just spoke with C&A and they say NO double points for JS, so I guess the next phone would be a different answer. I can only go by what I'm told and the fact of what has happened to us. Maybe it was people who were sailing as D and above in December...just a guess here on this.

Have a great night all no matter how many points you have or points you will receive..we're all able to sail and that is all that matters.

You've been short changed then . . . here is the transcript from my chat with C&A

KristinRCCL: [18:36] Thank you for contacting Royal Caribbean International's Crown & Anchor Society. My name is Kristin. How may I assist you?

[18:36] Hello Melanie!

Melanie : [18:37] Hi Kristin, is it true that when sailing in a JS, you will receive double cruise points?

KristinRCCL: [18:38] When sailing with us in a Junior Suite you get one additional point a night.

[18:39] Which a lot of times is the same thing.

Melanie : [18:39] So on a 7 night sailing, in a JS, you would have a total of 14 points?

KristinRCCL: [18:40] Correct.

Melanie : [18:40] Thank you

To those who were wondering why I "feared an attack" -

That's sort of the typical M.O. around here. The first person to announce or report something is questioned about the source of the information, how do you know this, how do you know that it's true, blah, blah, blah.

I am thrilled that this thread did NOT go in that direction. I am telling the truth when I say that no one on FB wanted to be the first to post this on CC because of the usual response.

Y'all did good, CC'ers. :)

Really? That happens? I didn't know. :rolleyes:

I thought singles in suites are now supposed to get 3 points per night. What has happened to that bit of news? I can't find mention of it. Maybe I missed it. I'll go scan around some more.

Gina

Yes I have personal knowledge and I posted correct information.

I am sharing what I know and what you choose to believe is your business. Happy checking to you....it will only confirm what I have posted.

However if you really want to split hairs......MM has posted only what she has heard on facebook and I have posted info directly from the mouth of someone at RCI. The new double points for solo cruisers is effective for cruises departing after Oct 3rd, 2013.

On a side note...I find you quite rude in your response.....but maybe that is just the type of person you are.

Oh great - my cruise departed on Sept 29, so I guess I missed out. But thank you for the info. I have two other cruises booked and instead of getting 34 points I'll get 58 points, so I'm happy. :D

It seemed that everything I read indicated that singles would get 2 points per night for anything less than a JS, and 3 points per night for JS and better.

Here's what I was looking for. So is this part really true? If so, it's the only thing I really don't believe should happen. It will really push the crowd level up much faster in the lounges.

Gina

Oh great - my cruise departed on Sept 29, so I guess I missed out. But thank you for the info. I have two other cruises booked and instead of getting 34 points I'll get 58 points, so I'm happy. :D

I happen to think you will get those double points if your account hasn't already been credited. I couldn't have been credited by Oct 3 so I believe the system will already be set to award the double points as points are added for completed cruises. Let us know what happens. You should get your points soon.

Gina

Nice. Personally, I don't care. But I see a funny thing playing out. There are going to be 2 or 3 couples...the ones who jockey for #2 or #3...booking separate rooms just to get the points. You know who I'm talking about! ;)

It will certainly cost them less sometimes to book a JS and the cheapest interior and then just not use the interior.

This is a new system that can easily be manipulated. Families will really be able to work the system, too.

Gina

Just back from a B2B on Majesty and received double points for Solo. Sept 27-Oct 3.

Was also on a Solo Majesty 1st week in Sept and did not get double point. Must have started it late September or 1st Oct. This is great.....we are worthy...thanks RCCL....

Edited by dealer9296

I happen to think you will get those double points if your account hasn't already been credited. I couldn't have been credited by Oct 3 so I believe the system will already be set to award the double points as points are added for completed cruises. Let us know what happens. You should get your points soon.

Gina

Gina, I was at a conference last week, where we had a senior vice president of Royal Caribbean (Vicki Freed was not there) and started to lay out Royal Caribbeans new programs for next year.

A question was asked, and she could not give an answer to the fact that other cruise lines are giving single supplements, and only that Royal Caribbean was working on their own solution. The way it was presented, that, although Royal Caribbean was leaning on first time cruisers, and having a family cruise line (RCCL was voted the best for the second year in a row) we were told that there was something in the air about single supplements, as they were aware of the fact that there are some cruisers that lose their spouse, and yet want to continue to cruise....but don't like the existing policies.

So, what was put forth, one week later, not coming from a national conference certainly had me confused. There are other TA's that I know that also questioned the new policy, and as Kathy (PH8) had her conversation, and then to have an email correction.........to include some things that were not known by the rep.........I applaud Royal Caribbean for making a great step forward for singles.

To the person that I originally addressed this to.........Gil T Azell.

I asked you a question. I told you that MM was a friend that I could count on for correct answers.

With your screen name......which I find delightful, i simply was punning.......which I'm sorry that you took as rude. My sincere apologies.

Rick

Just back from a B2B on Majesty and received double points for Solo. Sept 27-Oct 3.

Was also on a Solo Majesty 1st week in Sept and did not get double point. Must have started it late September or 1st Oct. This is great.....we are worthy...thanks RCCL....

If you would read the entire thread, you would learn that the program began on October 3. Anyone whose points posted on or after October 3 received double points as a solo cruiser.

:)

This also explains why my last week on the Freedom is listed as 14 points. I thought that it was a mistake. I have been debating whether to call and question it.

But now we all have verification from three ships on this thread: Allure, Oasis and Freedom. We all, who cruised solo the week of 9/22 - 9/29, received 14 points instead of 7. And now we know the reason. ;)

I cruised THREE WEEKS solo last month. I'd love to have 42 points for that, but I'm still happy to have 28 instead of 21.

And in my opinion (and that's ALL that it is), we WON'T get the extra points on the Quantum's single cabins. I couldn't get my usual single supplement reduction on it when I booked it, "because it's already priced as a single fare".

The statistics that would be interesting to know: how many SINGLES are high D+, and thus likely to hit Pinnacle much sooner because of this policy? My guess: not "that" many.

I'm a little past half way to Pinnacle and always sail solo. I had figured it would take at least 10 more years to get to Pinnacle, that's now been reduced to five or six, still a ways off, but definitely more in sight.

To the person that I originally addressed this to.........Gil T Azell.

I asked you a question. I told you that MM was a friend that I could count on for correct answers.

With your screen name......which I find delightful, i simply was punning.......which I'm sorry that you took as rude. My sincere apologies.

Rick

It wasn't the punning that I found rude but what was implied. However it's entirely possible that what I read between the lines was not what you intended me to take away from your words. Afterall....I am Gil T. Azell. LOL What I'm saying in this convoluted way......is....we're all good!:D

Oh and thank you for the compliment on my screen name.....it really does suit me for to a T as I can get in trouble at times even when I'm not trying. LOL Although it is only all in good fun! :)

Edited by Gil T. Azell

This is wonderful information for solo cruisers but I don't see it anywhere on the Royal Caribbean website.

Does anyone have a link they can post?

It's not there yet.

Don't you know that we know stuff here on CC long before IT gets around to putting it up on the website? ;)

It's not there yet.

Don't you know that we know stuff here on CC long before IT gets around to putting it up on the website? ;)

Funny that you should say that as the C&A team were quite proud that they beat CC to the punch and had the info BEFORE CC posters called in to question the policy.

I was also on the 9/22 sailing with Molly and Maureen. Checked my points and it only showed 7. :( I called C&A inquiring about it and the rep said their stuff is still updating. That the points could show up or could not. To give it a week and call back.

HAHA Chris, It's probably because you're living in the wrong 'Burg!! :D