Small Igloo Ice Chest Allowed?

marluvs2go

I wanted to get collapsible but already have this small one about 10 inches wide by 7 high with shoulder strap, it has the rigid insert. Will I be able to carry this on or not? Also think someone said they had one in their luggage and was dinged to go to naughty room as they thought it had alcohol which it did not. I thought I would just pack it with socks or something..but do not want the hassel if not allowed anymore..thanks

I wanted to get collapsible but already have this small one about 10 inches wide by 7 high with shoulder strap, it has the rigid insert. Will I be able to carry this on or not? Also think someone said they had one in their luggage and was dinged to go to naughty room as they thought it had alcohol which it did not. I thought I would just pack it with socks or something..but do not want the hassel if not allowed anymore..thanks

Collapsible coolers are inexpensive and take up little room in your luggage. So no hassles and one less thing to carry on.

We've hand carried one like that on before without any issue.

When cruising Hawaii, we took a cooler and picnic items on board with us. Since you have so much time to spend at all the ports, we took our cooler, rented a car, and did our own thing. At lunch time we would find a beach or beautiful garden, stop and have a picnic. We carried it on and off each port with no problems. We've been to Hawaii many times, both cruises and land vacations, and that was one of the best.

Archived