Large Oceanview Cabins on FOS

Does anyone know if these rooms are larger enough to notice the differnce in size vs a standard oceanview? My family of 4 will be sailing on the Freedom next fall and are hoping that we will have enough space and not feel cramped. It will be myself, DH, DD 12, and DS 9 at time of sailing.

Any information or pictures anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

I always book a "Superior Oceanview Balcony" when booking my cruises. I feel the added 20-ish sq ft does make a difference.

My girlfriend and I took my grandmother on Freedom shortly after my grandfather passed away to get her spirits back up and we were all in the same room. They are, by no means roomy with more than 2 people.

In my honest opinion, I would see about trying to move up to a Suite with 4 people as the price probably won't be too much of a difference (though I understand price is a relative term) comparing to the Oceanview Balcony you mentioned but you will get a decent amount of space that will make things a little easier for 4 people. Or, you could even try booking connecting balcony staterooms.

When I get home I will post up pictures of the balcony we had on Freedom for you to look at.

As much as I would love a suite, financially it is out and so is a balcony unless there are some major price drops.

I booked the "large Oceanview" category F in hope of a little bit of extra space. The website lists them as 214 sq ft and was hoping someone could tell me if the extra space is noticeable vs a regular OV cabin.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

As much as I would love a suite, financially it is out and so is a balcony unless there are some major price drops.

I booked the "large Oceanview" category F in hope of a little bit of extra space. The website lists them as 214 sq ft and was hoping someone could tell me if the extra space is noticeable vs a regular OV cabin.

The difference between the Cat F (Large) and standard OV is more along the 20-ish s.f. mentioned by G85 SS: 175 s.f. vs. 159 s.f. (unless RCI's website is, somehow, incorrect!). With four of you, every s.f. counts, but at least two are children! Are you able to consider booking two connecting Interior staterooms? A lot more space, privacy, and two bathrooms. Enjoy your cruise! :)

Like the above poster, I was going to suggest that you price connecting inside cabins or connecting oceanview cabins. You may find that two lower category cabins are approx. the same price (or only slightly higher) than a quad cabin, and you get so much more space. Plus everyone gets a real bed (not a sofa bed or upper berth)

Does anyone know if these rooms are larger enough to notice the differnce in size vs a standard oceanview? My family of 4 will be sailing on the Freedom next fall and are hoping that we will have enough space and not feel cramped. It will be myself, DH, DD 12, and DS 9 at time of sailing.

Any information or pictures anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated!

What did you think about your other staterooms? You have obviously cruised before. The one you are considering is about 20 ft. X 10 ft. for 4 people.

We had a Family OV, and it was HUGE! Only problem, it was right at the front of the ship, so I felt every wave, Thank God for Bonine:) We had 6 people in this room, and the teenage boys ran up to the fitness center to shower every evening, leaving space for teenage girls to get dressed. I think it was as big as my cousin's Grand suite, except for the bathroom.

We had a Family OV, and it was HUGE! Only problem, it was right at the front of the ship, so I felt every wave, Thank God for Bonine:) We had 6 people in this room, and the teenage boys ran up to the fitness center to shower every evening, leaving space for teenage girls to get dressed. I think it was as big as my cousin's Grand suite, except for the bathroom.

Do you have any photos of the FOV cabins? We're considering booking the same FOV for our next cruise for us (myself, DW, DS 8, DD 6, and DD 2). We were considering an F, but think it will be WAY too small.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Do you have any photos of the FOV cabins? We're considering booking the same FOV for our next cruise for us (myself, DW, DS 8, DD 6, and DD 2). We were considering an F, but think it will be WAY too small.

There was a thread recently on this forum about the family ocean views or family cabins. With 5 people, you won't be able to book a single F cabin. You'll need one of the family cabins or suites on RCI to get everyone in one cabin.

There was a thread recently on this forum about the family ocean views or family cabins. With 5 people, you won't be able to book a single F cabin. You'll need one of the family cabins or suites on RCI to get everyone in one cabin.

Actually we could book an F as the 5th person is under 3 years old and under 30 inches tall. Once she's over 3, we can't do that and would have to do what you suggested. We've already looked into that as a possibility, but the FO cabin is only about $400 more in total, so I think that makes the decision much easier.

Actually we could book an F as the 5th person is under 3 years old and under 30 inches tall. Once she's over 3, we can't do that and would have to do what you suggested. We've already looked into that as a possibility, but the FO cabin is only about $400 more in total, so I think that makes the decision much easier.

I would grab the FOV for a $400 total price difference. There should be no hesitation at all!

I would grab the FOV for a $400 total price difference. There should be no hesitation at all!

Thanks. That's what I was thinking as well! The extra square footage will be worth it!

We have previously only sailed all together once before on Carnival Glory in an oceanview. I know that Carnival cabins are usually larger than RCCI's.

I don't usually spend a lot of time in the cabin, so hoping we will be ok.

I originally did want to book 2 connecting interior cabins but was out voted. My DH and kids all wanted to be in one cabin. :(

We have previously only sailed all together once before on Carnival Glory in an oceanview. I know that Carnival cabins are usually larger than RCCI's.

I don't usually spend a lot of time in the cabin, so hoping we will be ok.

I originally did want to book 2 connecting interior cabins but was out voted. My DH and kids all wanted to be in one cabin. :(

Similar for us. Our last cruise was in 2006 as two adults plus a baby. Now with a larger family we had to wait a few years to book another cruise. We've decided this time to book with RCI for something different (our previous cruises were on Carnival). For our situation, we live in Colorado and my mother lives in Orlando. Due to the long distance, we need to fly, as driving is not a good option. Since she lives in Orlando and we would stay with her for a few days, logistically it's easier for us to sail from Port Canaveral. We always enjoyed out Carnival cruises and won't say anything terribly bad about them based on experience (however I have issues with Gerry Cahill and think they should bring back Uncle Bob on a permanent basis). We were considering booking the Sunshine out of PC, until the kids found out about the H2O Zone on the Freedom OTS. So we've decided to give RCI a try and see what we think. Though I have to say that our last Carnival cruise being in 2006, and our upcoming RCI cruise in 2015, that we would not be able to make a truly fair comparison of the 2 lines, as I know that Carnival has made some major cutbacks, and have heard that RCI has as well.

Better late than never.

Was away this weekend and didn't have access.

Here is the picture I promised several days ago.

2037_zps4d5ce2b1.jpg

The oceanview you mentioned just won't have the balcony. This room had the pull down bed from the ceiling (rectangular panel above the bed). Not sure of some of the other layouts but with that pull down from the ceiling it was a smidge tight if sleeping on the bed. This room we did not have the luxury of a pull out bed with the couch.

Archived