R Class Question

JVNYC

Hello all. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the balcony on deck 6 vs. deck 7? In looking at an exterior photo it appears the deck balcony railing is fully open on deck 6...however, the deck 7 balcony railing looks more solid for the first 2 feet or so and then opens up with an open railing. I've looked at photos of all 3 R ships. I've never been on the R ships. Any thoughts on this? I would think the fully open railing on deck 6 would be best??

Thanks!

We have been on the side balconies on both decks the railing are open on both

I think the fore & aft balcony cabins have a solid railing ..you have to stand to see the view

Found this photo online that gives you an idea of what they look like

zoom in to see the railings

http://juergen.smugmug.com/Other/Ship-Details-Dailies/5229083_vLqNbM#!i=317635446&k=nkCmHvt&lb=1&s=L

Sorry...to clarify: I shouldn't have said "railing." Deck 6 looks like it has a fully open balcony and deck 7 looks like it is closed off at the bottom. Is that the case?

Thanks!

No

My photos are on my other computer but if you search some of the photo sharing sites you can see in other photos they are open

What you are probably looking at is the part of the structure & not the actually balcony

Jim will have photos I am sure

Thanks! I looks like if you are sitting on your balcony chair on deck 7, you can't look down and see the water because it is not an open railing at the bottom. If you are sitting on your balcony chair on deck 6, however, you can see the water because it is completely open. If anyone has photos it would be great!!

Thanks! I looks like if you are sitting on your balcony chair on deck 7, you can't look down and see the water because it is not an open railing at the bottom. If you are sitting on your balcony chair on deck 6, however, you can see the water because it is completely open. If anyone has photos it would be great!!

I will see if I have any photos taken from inside

Lyn

Hello all. Can anyone tell me if there is a difference in the balcony on deck 6 vs. deck 7? In looking at an exterior photo it appears the deck balcony railing is fully open on deck 6...however, the deck 7 balcony railing looks more solid for the first 2 feet or so and then opens up with an open railing. I've looked at photos of all 3 R ships. I've never been on the R ships. Any thoughts on this? I would think the fully open railing on deck 6 would be best??

Thanks!

170222.jpg120006.jpg

Perhaps it will give you a better perspective if you note that the blue line represents the level of the FLOOR of Deck 6.

All of the "side of the ship" Verandas, except, oddly, the seven aft-most cabins on each side of deck 7, have an identical solid metal "lip" under the open railing (and even they have a one foot lip)

Fortunately, at about 18 inches in height, they don't effect the view unless one is lying on the floor.

thumb_COLOURBOX4649454.jpg (DAMN that Beverage Package!)

170222.jpg120006.jpg

Perhaps it will give you a better perspective if you note that the blue line represents the level of the FLOOR of Deck 6.

All of the "side of the ship" Verandas, except, oddly, the seven aft-most cabins on each side of deck 7, have an identical solid metal "lip" under the open railing (and even they have a one foot lip)

Fortunately, at about 18 inches in height, they don't effect the view unless one is lying on the floor.

thumb_COLOURBOX4649454.jpg (DAMN that Beverage Package!)

J&S. :p. serves me right for trying to post a photo!!!LOL! Shoulda left it to the experts!! ;):D

Thank you JimandStan...I couldn't have asked for a better photo...thank you for sending. Yes, I agree, this metal "lip" really doesn't seem to affect the view so I will stick with a deck 7 cabin. I do like sitting and looking at the water so I'm glad to see you can still see it.

Archived