Graycliff chocolate tour

CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I have just booked this for our trip next month.

We don't particularly love Nassau, sometimes we get off the ship sometimes we stay on. The last trip we stayed on, so felt we should get off wander round a bit, do the fish fry then have a cocktail in Senor Frogs and head back. Boring or what!

We live in Florida, so beaches abound so can do most of the water things here, plus been to Atlantis etc. So does anyone have opinions on this trip to the Graycliff chocolate experience. My OH is a chocoholic me not so much but just thought it might be fun to make chocolates, taste lots of goodies and bring them home afterwards, but do wonder if it is worth the $120 as it would be a surprise for him?

I bit the bullet and booked Remy and Palo and hope he will be impressed with the food etc., (and full after Remy):D. Also going to try to squeeze in a couple of tastings, schedule permitting, the only thing playing on my mind is the chocolate tour.

Any thoughts?

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

I have just booked this for our trip next month.

We don't particularly love Nassau, sometimes we get off the ship sometimes we stay on. The last trip we stayed on, so felt we should get off wander round a bit, do the fish fry then have a cocktail in Senor Frogs and head back. Boring or what!

We live in Florida, so beaches abound so can do most of the water things here, plus been to Atlantis etc. So does anyone have opinions on this trip to the Graycliff chocolate experience. My OH is a chocoholic me not so much but just thought it might be fun to make chocolates, taste lots of goodies and bring them home afterwards, but do wonder if it is worth the $120 as it would be a surprise for him?

I bit the bullet and booked Remy and Palo and hope he will be impressed with the food etc., (and full after Remy):D. Also going to try to squeeze in a couple of tastings, schedule permitting, the only thing playing on my mind is the chocolate tour.

Any thoughts?

Just want to say Remy yay you will love it and the candy sweets after it!

Thanks.

We've done Victoria and Albert's, so really looking forward to Remy now. I want to dress for dinner and have a nicer experience.

I never bothered before as I wanted to experience the other dining experiences but now we have done them all I thought it was time to enjoy the adult dining but my OH was still hungry after V & A so hoping all those treats will fill him up at Remy.

Thanks.

We've done Victoria and Albert's, so really looking forward to Remy now. I want to dress for dinner and have a nicer experience.

I never bothered before as I wanted to experience the other dining experiences but now we have done them all I thought it was time to enjoy the adult dining but my OH was still hungry after V & A so hoping all those treats will fill him up at Remy.

Remy is dinner theater its well worth the $75pp Enjoy..

http://fantasyfantasyholiday2012.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/remy-dinner-and-brunch.html

Looks fab, can't wait. Next trip in spring 2014 I think we shall do the brunches also if we can. I can't fit it all in this next trip as it is only the 4 nighter.

Nice Tie BTW, I hope to bounce out of Remy when we are finished!!! I'll report back afterwards.

We did the Graycliff Chocolate tour a few weeks ago on our 3 day Dream cruise. We loved it. Like you we are from Florida and usually never get off the ship in Nassau since we have been so many times but this is a somewhat new tour so we decided to try it. The tour was a quick trip from the terminal and the tour guide/hostess was fantastic. You put on the operating room type gowns and hats and go on a tour of the facility which is not very big. But then the big payoff... you get seated at a table with a BIG cup of their gourmet chocolate that has been warmed to the proper temperature and you make your own chocolate bar as well as some other goodies. You have various ingredients like coconut, almonds, chocolate chips, etc. that you can add into your creations if you want. At the end I had about 1/8 of a cup of chocolate left so I drank it. There are no words to describe that moment!!!

Edited by e2011

We did the Graycliff Chocolate tour a few weeks ago on our 3 day Dream cruise. We loved it. Like you we are from Florida and usually never get off the ship in Nassau since we have been so many times but this is a somewhat new tour so we decided to try it. The tour was a quick trip from the terminal and the tour guide/hostess was fantastic. You put on the operating room type gowns and hats and go on a tour of the facility which is not very big. But then the big payoff... you get seated at a table with a BIG cup of their gourmet chocolate that has been warmed to the proper temperature and you make your own chocolate bar as well as some other goodies. You have various ingredients like coconut, almonds, chocolate chips, etc. that you can add into your creations if you want. At the end I had about 1/8 of a cup of chocolate left so I drank it. There are no words to describe that moment!!!

Thank you so much, this is what I need to hear:D I am guessing you felt it was worth the $60 each adult?

I saw some pictures with the red gown and caps whilst making the chocolate and that made me smile.

I think the timings were 10.45 - 1.45, does that sound about right? We sail 5.45 so may have time to fit in that cocktail too:D

Thank you so much, this is what I need to hear:D I am guessing you felt it was worth the $60 each adult?

I saw some pictures with the red gown and caps whilst making the chocolate and that made me smile.

I think the timings were 10.45 - 1.45, does that sound about right? We sail 5.45 so may have time to fit in that cocktail too:D

Yes, for us it was well worth the money. I will do it again next April. Between the three of us we brought home so much chocolate that we have enough in the freezer to carry until next year, and we did not buy anything...just the chocolate from the tour! One caution... they do not put preservatives in their chocolate :D so as soon as you get home, freeze it unless you are going to consume right away. I think they said it must be eaten or frozen within 7 days.

Edited by e2011

This is what you start with. The glass of spring water is at room temperature so your pallet is not chilled therefore permitting you to taste every nuance of the chocolate.

DSCN2591.jpg

Edited by e2011

• 1 month later...

How long was the tour?

Thanks

Thanks.

Unless your husband is one of those "I'm not full unless I eat 18 lobster tails, three steaks, a partridge, and an entire tree of pears" types, he'll be fine. We left absolutely stuffed, in fact I couldn't finish dessert.

Personally I thought Remy was better than V&A's, and I definitely ate more at Remy.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...