Voyager of the Seas - some questions from a first timer

Do you mean cruise departure or tour departure?

You can cancel up to 10 days before cruise departure, then when onboard it's generally 24-48 hours, although varies by excursion. More involved excursions e.g. overnight have greater requirements.

I meant cruise departure.

So, if I book an excursion online I can still cancel onboard up to 24-48 hours before the start of the excursion and they will refund the money? Do I need a reason for cancellation?

I am still trying to work this message thing out as not been on much of late, you said about odds & evens for going to events, that was what we found last Xmas, but they told us if we didn't go when our numbers were up on that day to go to desk, we did so & no problems getting in to the shows,

But as i have a wheelchair was at the back so that may have been why.

If there are a lot of us for sail away, why don't we make it so we can all get together on top deck, say wearing name tags or a color??

will let everyone else suggest something, i missed out last year as i got on in Hobart but my daughter Wendy & Paul were very disappointed, as so much talk about sail aways,As it was first time for all of us we didn't know what to expect.I am looking forward to going out of the harbor at night, as with daylight saving we still should be able to see,

Looking forward to meeting up with all.

Nannieanne:)

- are power boards allowed? I have a number of electronics that need charging and from what I understand there may not be enou power points in the cabin.

Officially NO. But I have got mine always on board.

- is there tea coffee making facility in the cabin? I'm in a balcony cabin (not a suite)

NO

- is there a size and weight limit for the carry on bags? My carry on is slightly larger than a cabin bag so not sure if this is allowed otherwise I'll have to go and buy another one.

NO

- I'm planning to purchase the unlimited photo package. Are the photographers everywhere and they will always take your photos or do we always have to go up to them and say can you please take a photo of us?

Yes . Give the photographer a small tip early in the cruise works miracles.

Also, with portraits are they only on formal nights or every night? Is there always a queue or can we take as many photos as we like? Just trying to figure out how it all works since we want to make the most of our unlimited package :)

Unsure

That's all for now. I'm sure I'll have a few more questions down the track.

Thanks all in advance.

Hi was cruised with Voyager last Xmas,didn't have any worried regarding making of coffee /tea, had everything & we had inside cabin, i think they all do from talking to other folk.As far as photos went, each night there were Photos being taken if you wanted going into dinner,plus all around the ship always some one.We took over 500 our self,& only brought the formal nights photos,worked out so much cheaper,as i brought 5, they gave us another of the ship in a frame,by the time we went through all we had it would have been a wasted expense,They did sell a disc with photos on from supposed places we went to,That was not to bad,but if you take your own of family & friends you can pick out the best,You cannot go onto where photos are & copy any, it is carefully guarded.& a fine charged.

I would not personally pay for a package.as they are not anyways where you want that important one .

Hope that has been of some help.each to there own,Looking forward to meeting up with all,

Nannieanne.:)

I meant cruise departure.

So, if I book an excursion online I can still cancel onboard up to 24-48 hours before the start of the excursion and they will refund the money? Do I need a reason for cancellation?

Yes, you can cancel onboard - just check the cut-off times in the onboard guide, and of course it's better to cancel earlier than later. Sometimes they may refund as OBC rather than directly back to credit card, but if so and you don't spend that up by the end, you can then get a refund back to your card.

No reason needed.

How's the food onboard? I know there's not many restaurants to choose from in comparison to the radiance(yet to go on her too). I think there's only one restaurant to choose from when it comes to paying extra, portofino. Is mdr and portofino both nice places to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Good morning everyone :-),

Quick question, is breakfast at Johnny Rockets free? If so what do they have on the menu?

Not free, think its $3.95 all you can eat. Milk sharks etc and drinks are extra.

I don't have the menu, but I'm sure you'll find it on here somewhere.

I'm not sue of the breakfast menu.

Not free, think its $3.95 all you can eat. Milk sharks etc and drinks are extra.

I don't have the menu, but I'm sure you'll find it on here somewhere.

I'm not sue of the breakfast menu.

Thanks. On the Royal Caribbean board some people mentioned breakfast was free. Could some ships sailing out of US have different pricing?

Good morning everyone :-),

Quick question, is breakfast at Johnny Rockets free? If so what do they have on the menu?

On the voyager Johnny rocks is not opened of breakfast.

The mdr & buffet are open for breakfast, plus they have room service

On the voyager Johnny rocks is not opened of breakfast.

The mdr & buffet are open for breakfast, plus they have room service

Hey Esilef ;D

So you have been on the VOTS, before? What's the food like in the mdr?

We're on the waiting list for MTD.

Hey Esilef ;D

So you have been on the VOTS, before? What's the food like in the mdr?

We're on the waiting list for MTD.

We haven't been on the voyager before only the sun princess & NCL Star.

We have chosen dinner at 8:30pm as my 4 year old is likely to run once he has finished and this way at least my husband can sit and eat and chat to others while I chase will i am !

On princess the food was good but lacked a bit if flavour. I expect the food on RCI to be much the same. They do an amazing job preparing so many meals.

We have booked Portofinos for the day of embankment. Simply the 8:30pm dinner meant we would miss out on sail away. Plus the way they park the ship Portofinos has a view of the opera house. Food is meant to be very good there.

Speciality dining bookings have opened up for cruises next year.

We are planning on spending a bit of time at Johnny rockets as our sons favourite food is tomato sauce with a cheese burger.

Wish you could reserve Johnny rockets in advance.

We haven't been on the voyager before only the sun princess & NCL Star.

We have chosen dinner at 8:30pm as my 4 year old is likely to run once he has finished and this way at least my husband can sit and eat and chat to others while I chase will i am !

On princess the food was good but lacked a bit if flavour. I expect the food on RCI to be much the same. They do an amazing job preparing so many meals.

We have booked Portofinos for the day of embankment. Simply the 8:30pm dinner meant we would miss out on sail away. Plus the way they park the ship Portofinos has a view of the opera house. Food is meant to be very good there.

Speciality dining bookings have opened up for cruises next year.

We are planning on spending a bit of time at Johnny rockets as our sons favourite food is tomato sauce with a cheese burger.

Wish you could reserve Johnny rockets in advance.

Thanks Esilef for your feedback. Yeah hubby told me that he remembers reading your post in regards to portofino and departure. That's a very smart idea ;D.

Also I've been reading a fair bit about the power board dilemma, I think I'll just invest in 1 or 2 aus to usa double adapters.

The power points are American on board?

Again thank you for all your help, much appreciated.

The power points are US standard. I've already packed a power board ( yes 5 months early but a couple of things have made the suitcase)

I figure if the power board is taken off me fair enough.

Other tip I liked was to take some satchels of tea/ coffee/ hot chocolate from the Buffett perfect for those late night hot drinks in your cabin.

Thanks Esilef for responding to my Johnny Roackets query.

Can anyone tell me if there are windows in MY Time Dining? Will we be able to watch the sailaway from our dining table? We will be a group of 8. Will they be giving us a round table or a long table? Where would be the best table location in MTD for 8 people?

There are windows in My Time Dining, yes. Full height panorama glass windows, in fact! So you'll be able to see out OK, so long as it isn't dark. Depending on the sun glare they will lower blinds, though.

[attachment=229803:name]

You'll also see a glimpse of the MDR from the Magic Flute/Deck 5 level (My Time Dining) in a Voyager [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N551SKCqnI0&list=PL3C796EBED2D6EF54&index=1&t=11m57s"]highlights video[/URL] of mine at about the 12 minute point. :) Edited by marquisite

Tables are scattered throughout, so it doesn't mean you'll have a window position though - but you should be able to see out from where you are.

Table numbers and sizes vary so it's not possible to say where you would be. But tables for 8 are usually round.

[quote name='marquisite']There are windows in My Time Dining, yes. Full height panorama glass windows, in fact! So you'll be able to see out OK, so long as it isn't dark. Depending on the sun glare they will lower blinds, though.

[ATTACH]290225[/ATTACH]

You'll also see a glimpse of the MDR from the Magic Flute/Deck 5 level (My Time Dining) in a Voyager [URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N551SKCqnI0&list=PL3C796EBED2D6EF54&index=1&t=11m57s"]highlights video[/URL] of mine at about the 12 minute point. :)[/QUOTE]

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
Please excuse me if this has already been posted, I have had a look but couldn't see anything. I have pre paid the gratuities but would like to tip the room steward and waiter a little more. What currency do I use Aus, NZ or US?

Re tipping. They would be happy with any of the currencies you mentioned. If it's US onboard we would tip US, or Aus onboard Aus etc... Re power adapters , our last RCCL cruise we took US and European and the European worked perfectly but the US didn't. So, I think the European is the adapter we need on RCCL. Diamond princess we took both but used US. So US for Princess and European for RCCL.
Also, we had kettle in our inside cabin, all cabins had them. This next cruise we are in a JS so we have a kettle and coffee machine, and from what I have heard if you are in an inside or an outside and you ask your steward nicely, they will get you a coffee machine. Fiona :)

[quote name='Kingos']Please excuse me if this has already been posted, I have had a look but couldn't see anything. I have pre paid the gratuities but would like to tip the room steward and waiter a little more. What currency do I use Aus, NZ or US?[/QUOTE]

You can give them what ever currency you have as they can spend Aus dollars in Sydney as they will be returning there all season, or US dollars on board , we have never had anyone complain when we gave a tip whatever the currency .!!!

[quote name='Kingos']Please excuse me if this has already been posted, I have had a look but couldn't see anything. I have pre paid the gratuities but would like to tip the room steward and waiter a little more. What currency do I use Aus, NZ or US?[/QUOTE]

Dont forget to tip the dinner drinks waiter,you can add a tip by signing for it along with the ordered drink and writing the amount of tip. The drinks waiter will likely give you a freebee or 2 if you tip;)

On our VOS cruise I was drinking Bass beer which ran out half way through the cruise but my dinner drinks waiter had one poured as i sat at the table even on the last night , he managed to find it for me every night:)