Princess Captain Circle Question

trbarton

Princess Captain Circle says the following:

"RUBY member

Member Number xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome back, Thomas"

My boarding pass for my December 20th on the Grand says. "GOLD". Is this correct or should they say RUBY!

Thanks!

Tom:)

How many cruises have you completed? Ruby is for your 4th & 5th, Gold is if you've completed 1-3 cruises. Ruby is a new designation whereas Gold has been around forever.

If you don't know how many Princess has that you've completed, go to the home page, click on My Princess, log in, then look on the left hand side of that page. It'll say, "You have sailed xx times". You can click on that and see the record they have of the cruises you've completed with them. If something is incorrect, let them know.

If you had cruises already booked when you earned the next level your tags will show the level you were when you booked the cruise.

On "My Princess" I show Platinum but in the Personalizer for an upcoming cruise I had booked prior to becoming Platinum still showed Ruby.

A call to Princess or your TA should take care of things..

If you had cruises already booked when you earned the next level your tags will show the level you were when you booked the cruise.

On "My Princess" I show Platinum but in the Personalizer for an upcoming cruise I had booked prior to becoming Platinum still showed Ruby.

A call to Princess or your TA should take care of things..

Kinda the opposite of how the Personalizer shows your age as being how old you'll be when you embark, not how old you are now. Always gives me a nasty jolt . . .

It really doesn't matter what the OP's BP says anyway -- no preferred boarding privileges for Ruby.

When your status changes, it does not automatically change status for future cruises already booked. I called Princess on my latest status change, and the representative changed my status on my three future cruises (one booked directly with Princess and two booked through a travel agent) while I was on the phone. I saw the update on Cruise Personalizer immediately.

As stated, you do not receive preferred boarding for Ruby. If you book Princess Vacation Protection, you do receive an automatic upgrade to Platinum Vacation Protection. If you had booked standard Vacation Protection, make sure it says Platinum. If you had booked the Platinum, make sure they give you the refund of the extra amount you paid over standard. Call Princess or your travel agent if you haven't.

Other than the cost of Princess Vacation Protection, there really isn't any reason to care about the difference on your boarding pass and luggage tags - except you have earned Ruby and you want it:)

what does that offer us? Any benefits?

From Princess.....

Ruby Benefits

Includes all Gold Member benefits plus:

Princess Platinum Vacation Protection Upgrade^^

As a Ruby Member, when you purchase Princess Vacation Protection at the standard rate, Princess will purchase an upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection automatically on your behalf. Click here to learn more about the Vacation Protection program.

Exclusive Shoreside Access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk Phone Line

Enjoy access to the exclusive shoreside phone number for contacting the Captain’s Circle Help Desk. Your call will be routed quickly through to the Membership desk to discuss your cruise history, membership status, benefits delivery or any other Captain’s Circle related questions you may have.

10% Discount off the Purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard^^^

The Reflections Cruise DVD is filmed live during your cruise. It documents the various ports of call you visit and will feature shore excursions, ship events, and behind-the-scenes information on the ship. It is sold onboard via the Photo/Video Department. As a Ruby Captain’s Circle Member you will receive a 10% discount off the purchase of your Reflections DVD.

Hope this helps.

Tom:)

It's right on their website:

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/jsp/memberShipBenefitsForProspect.jsp#Ruby

Ruby Level Includes all Gold Member benefits plus:

Princess Platinum Vacation Protection Upgrade^^

As a Ruby Member, when you purchase Princess Vacation Protection at the standard rate, Princess will purchase an upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection automatically on your behalf. Click here to learn more about the Vacation Protection program.

Exclusive Shoreside Access to the Captain’s Circle Help Desk Phone Line

Enjoy access to the exclusive shoreside phone number for contacting the Captain’s Circle Help Desk. Your call will be routed quickly through to the Membership desk to discuss your cruise history, membership status, benefits delivery or any other Captain’s Circle related questions you may have.

10% Discount off the Purchase of our Reflections DVD onboard^^^

The Reflections Cruise DVD is filmed live during your cruise. It documents the various ports of call you visit and will feature shore excursions, ship events, and behind-the-scenes information on the ship. It is sold onboard via the Photo/Video Department. As a Ruby Captain’s Circle Member you will receive a 10% discount off the purchase of your Reflections DVD.

Archived